PDA

View Full Version : Few Demo Questions - Xbox

chaos_theory16
02-16-2005, 12:41 PM
In the demo, while you're hanging from a pipe, is it like SC, where B raises and drops your legs and Y makes you let go of the pipe, or is it like SC:PT, where Y raises your legs, and B drops you from the pipe.

Another question. When you rappell down the side of a building, or from the roof into the building, will your rope still stay hanging there, or does it disappear. Because this could be a way that guards may notice there's possibly an intrudder inside the building.

chaos_theory16
02-16-2005, 12:41 PM
In the demo, while you're hanging from a pipe, is it like SC, where B raises and drops your legs and Y makes you let go of the pipe, or is it like SC:PT, where Y raises your legs, and B drops you from the pipe.

Another question. When you rappell down the side of a building, or from the roof into the building, will your rope still stay hanging there, or does it disappear. Because this could be a way that guards may notice there's possibly an intrudder inside the building.

SikoraB
02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Q1: Raise/lower legs on Y, drops on B. (Like SC:PT)

Q2: I don't know 100% but I've seen a video, "one of the training ones/dev diaries" that the rope WILL stay. And yes, guards maybe notice, would be cool...

Hope that helped out!

chaos_theory16
02-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ummm, I'll be back to think of more...

Oh, umm.. When you use the laser microphone, not sure if you do, is there a red light that could get the guards attention?

And, when Lambert talks to Fisher, and Fisher is gonna reply back, but there's a guard nearby, will Sam still say something? Cuz, if someone was actually in that situation, they'd probaboy wait til the guard was taken care of. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SikoraB
02-16-2005, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chaos_theory16:
Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ummm, I'll be back to think of more...

Oh, umm.. When you use the laser microphone, not sure if you do, is there a red light that could get the guards attention?

And, when Lambert talks to Fisher, and Fisher is gonna reply back, but there's a guard nearby, will Sam still say something? Cuz, if someone was actually in that situation, they'd probaboy wait til the guard was taken care of. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no laser microphone in the demo, and I guess you use the EEV, which can also listen in on conversations.

Sam and Lambert speaks, even during firefights, no one is stopping those two from sharing their experience with each other http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

chaos_theory16
02-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Haha, even if Sam is in the "Closer Than Ever" mode, when he's supposed to reply?

Anyways... Some more quesions.

Does Sam slide of objects like barrells, or does he come to a halt. Use the wall an as example. When he runs into it, what happens? Does he stop, or keep running (sliding), or do something else like side step. This goes for the bad guys to. What happens if you walk into an enemy whose back is facing you? Does Sam slide off the enemy or nudge the enemy?

Is it possible to be to quiet to move. Or, will he always be able to move? (slowly while crouching)

Do you have a rate of fire, or, is the trigger still sensitive?

Can you bash a locked door? Or, are you only options "Optic Cable", "Break Lock" and "Lock Pic"?

DarKA55ASSIN
02-16-2005, 02:02 PM
im pretty sure u cant bash a locked door,u can only do that after u break the lock and i think the fire is triggr sensitive

FVipe
02-16-2005, 03:04 PM
My questions:

1. How do EXACTLY the mechanics for opening a door with analog conrol work?

2. Do enemies wake up from unconsciouness (sp?) by themselves after some time?

3. Are the shadows all jaggy like in the previous games, or they are smooth? and does the selfshadowing look good in sam fisher?

4. HAs the game become too easy on stealth even in hard dificulty, with all the moves you can do now to take down oponents silently from all directions??

5. Do dead bodies pile up?

thanks in advance.

Serial_Jon
02-16-2005, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FVipe:
My questions:

1. How do EXACTLY the mechanics for opening a door with analog conrol work?

2. Do enemies wake up from unconsciouness (sp?) by themselves after some time?

3. Are the shadows all jaggy like in the previous games, or they are smooth? and does the selfshadowing look good in sam fisher?

4. HAs the game become too easy on stealth even in hard dificulty, with all the moves you can do now to take down oponents silently from all directions??

5. Do dead bodies pile up?

thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Choosing "Open door stealth" turns the knob, and lets you swing the door open or close with the analog stick. You can use it to peek inside, or to open the door without making a sound. (normally makes about 2 bars of sound on the meter)

2. No, but they will wake up if another guard finds them and gets them up.

3. Shadows are amazing. I have found one instance walking up the lighthouse stairs with slightly jagged shadows, but these usually only happen from far away light sources. Other than that, they're jaw-dropping. And yes, Sam looks great with the new shadowing- very lifelike.

4. I found the lighthouse level to be incredibly easy to sneak around in. Since its the first level, the enemies are kind of dumb, and not as advanced and observant as they will be in the later missions.
The new moves make it much easier to take down enemies quickly if confronted, but you sacrifice noise and possibly some of your health if you choose to go toe-to-toe with a pair of guards searching for you.

5. No, they still fall into eachother, but its not as noticable, since when they die, they usually slump against the nearest wall or object.