PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of having Friends playing in ranked games?

p0intblank32
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Personally, I think this is a really bad choice Ubi made. I love their games and all, but this is just ridiculous. We have a Friends list for a reason: to find nice teammates who are willing to work out some strategies with you. Now when I find someone I really like to play with, I should be able to invite them to ranked games. I mean, that IS why my Friends list is there, to play with people I feel comfortable with. But no, instead I get stuck with someone who is either a n00b or someone who doesn't have a mic.

I know you went with this idea because of cheaters and boosters, but it's not fair to us who have to deal with it when we don't even cheat. I am a legit player and I think I deserve to play with friends in ranked games.

I'm not complaining; I'm just trying to get a point across. And I know a lot of you agree with me on this. Now my question to you, Ubi (Rhoulette), will we EVER be able to play with friends in ranked games, rather than setting up a server with a specific language just so we can find each other? Please say it'll be included in the patch when it eventually is released.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

p0intblank32
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Personally, I think this is a really bad choice Ubi made. I love their games and all, but this is just ridiculous. We have a Friends list for a reason: to find nice teammates who are willing to work out some strategies with you. Now when I find someone I really like to play with, I should be able to invite them to ranked games. I mean, that IS why my Friends list is there, to play with people I feel comfortable with. But no, instead I get stuck with someone who is either a n00b or someone who doesn't have a mic.

I know you went with this idea because of cheaters and boosters, but it's not fair to us who have to deal with it when we don't even cheat. I am a legit player and I think I deserve to play with friends in ranked games.

I'm not complaining; I'm just trying to get a point across. And I know a lot of you agree with me on this. Now my question to you, Ubi (Rhoulette), will we EVER be able to play with friends in ranked games, rather than setting up a server with a specific language just so we can find each other? Please say it'll be included in the patch when it eventually is released.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Epicurus_13
06-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't play ranked very much, but I think that Point Blank makes a valid point. Not only is it questionable to prevent people from playing with those on their friends list (because it still does not do anything to stop cheaters and boosters), but it can even be worked around without too much difficulty byy changing the language.

Keeping these things in mind, it seems logcal that ubisoft simply include friend slots and invites in ranked games. Sure, you will end up with friends playing friends time and again, and the rankings will not be a universal measure of skill, but then again, who would say that they are accurate even now? I second the motion, even though it will not affect me one way or the other.