PDA

View Full Version : Shader Glitch w/SM 3.0

SUH-Spectator6
04-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Something has happened very consistently this evening while I was playing the solo campaign of SCCT. Every minutes or so, the textures would become corrupted, with a lot of REALLY small black lines (running diagonally, horizontally, crosshatched, whatever). And the framerate would drop significantly. So what I would have to do is go back and change something in the 3.0 shader menu, and whenever I re-enter the game, it would "Cashing 3.0 Shaders" and everything would go back to normal. Another short while afterward, the same problem would happen again and I'd have to modify something so it would "recache" the shader data and everything would be perfect.

Now this NEVER happened throughout the whole first day that I played the game. I could go for full missions, reloads, restarts, etc etc and would never encounter this issue. Even this afternoon when I played it, I never had this come up. I'm running a 3.4 ghz Geforce 6600, 1GB+ RAM, yadda yadda...

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any suggestions for fixing it? Thanks guys =)

SUH-Spectator6
04-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Something has happened very consistently this evening while I was playing the solo campaign of SCCT. Every minutes or so, the textures would become corrupted, with a lot of REALLY small black lines (running diagonally, horizontally, crosshatched, whatever). And the framerate would drop significantly. So what I would have to do is go back and change something in the 3.0 shader menu, and whenever I re-enter the game, it would "Cashing 3.0 Shaders" and everything would go back to normal. Another short while afterward, the same problem would happen again and I'd have to modify something so it would "recache" the shader data and everything would be perfect.

Now this NEVER happened throughout the whole first day that I played the game. I could go for full missions, reloads, restarts, etc etc and would never encounter this issue. Even this afternoon when I played it, I never had this come up. I'm running a 3.4 ghz Geforce 6600, 1GB+ RAM, yadda yadda...

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any suggestions for fixing it? Thanks guys =)

SUH-Spectator6
04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm running Forceware 71.90 drivers

rkato
04-05-2005, 11:11 PM
I get a line of black diamonds (very small, like 2 pixels in width) every so often. I'm guessing it has something to do with me not using Vsync on an LCD... I'm using 67.93 officials...I got 'stuttering+graphical glitches' in the form of split second disappearances in textures. Dropping down my driver version worked.

TetragrammatonX
04-05-2005, 11:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUH-Spectator6:
Oh yeah, and I'm running Forceware 71.90 drivers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a similar problem, but they disappeared when I switched to 71.84 (latest official WHQL certified drivers).

Try that.

MindBlank_0_o
04-06-2005, 02:59 AM
Lower your card memory and GPU speed by 10 Mhz when playing the game, and you won't get tearing or "black diamonds" (artifacts) as someone stated.