PDA

View Full Version : got a new pc. lost cd case. how do i get my key?

Metal27928
10-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I got a new computer and when i went to re-install everything I realized I didn't have half my games keys. I still have my old computer. Is there a way to look IN the game to find out what my key was?

Metal27928
10-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I got a new computer and when i went to re-install everything I realized I didn't have half my games keys. I still have my old computer. Is there a way to look IN the game to find out what my key was?

Ragnar_Kon
10-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Alright get back on your old PC.

After its started go the Start > Run. Type in "regedit" (without the ") and click ok.

The Registry Editor should have opened. Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. Then open the SOFTWARE folder. Scroll down the Red Storm Entertainment and open that. Someone in there there is a Key Value that tells you your CD Key (supposing you have the US version and they didn't change it from v1.41)

I would tell you exactly where but I no longer have Raven Shield installed on this PC

Gunny Highway
10-27-2004, 06:01 AM
In the newer patches cd-keys are encrypted, so if you had 1.56 on the old pc it will be in encrypted form, else open regedit.exe in run menu and look at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Red Storm Entertainment] in the string value CDKEY

coolcody77
10-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Man, i wish all games could tell you you're CD key. They can be a @#$^ if you loose em.