PDA

View Full Version : Mods downloads.

Flashpoint13
09-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey everyone, could i get some info on where i can down load any good mods for SH3, i know SubSim.com has them, but they ask for donations and sounds fishi to me, i dont mind paying for the mod or if it s free but donation is something else , onless it would say what the donation is for and for who it goes too and if its for a good pourpose i guess no wrong in it but i look through the whole site and didnt see nothing of to whom it goes too, im just saying cuz sometimes when you download things like that someone can end up with a virus, now if any of you had done it that way and if thats the only way then i guess its safe, so if you can let me know of what websites or stores i can get the mods let me know please, Im forward on getting GWX 2.1. PS. would peaople with same mod be able to join my Host server cuz everytime i had my friends try join it doesnt le them but it does let us play on some servers hosted by someone else besides us. thanks for any info you can share. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

HW3
09-29-2008, 10:52 PM
The donations goes to Neal Stevens, the owner of the site, to help defray the costs of running the site, like the fees of the hosting company.

Flashpoint13
09-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Oh cool thanks HW3, well the it is a Very cool Website.

tuddley3
10-04-2008, 04:32 AM
As you see, they only ask for donations if you are able, it's not like you HAVE to, and if you don't donate you will not have any less priviledges than anyone else.

The Silent Hunter community is a very fair community, and as you will notice, all mods are FREEWARE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Wolfehunter
10-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Flashpoint you don't have to donate its a choice not a requirement. But it does help Neal Stevens support the site.

All mods by members are free. Including mine. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

GoodHunting dude.

WH

skyray-us
11-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Everyone: I Love this sim! Problem is that I'm not too saavy with computer being an older guy. I've heard tell of mods for lifeboats and a lot of other neat stuff but I have no idea how to download or install mods. Actually, downloading shudn't be a problem but I've NEVER modded a game before . Any help or hints would be really appreciated. I have no idea what's required for installs and such or how to systems check it once it's in. I've also never played online but I'd really like to. How do I do that? do we have dedicated servers and how do I get an account?

Maverick_U2007
11-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by skyray-us:
Hi Everyone: I Love this sim! Problem is that I'm not too saavy with computer being an older guy. I've heard tell of mods for lifeboats and a lot of other neat stuff but I have no idea how to download or install mods. Actually, downloading shudn't be a problem but I've NEVER modded a game before . Any help or hints would be really appreciated. I have no idea what's required for installs and such or how to systems check it once it's in. I've also never played online but I'd really like to. How do I do that? do we have dedicated servers and how do I get an account?

Have sent you a pm...(PRIVATE MESSAGE)

Maverick