PDA

View Full Version : third echelon(spoiler)



mattduck69
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
i was just looking over the new trailer and u see were he slides over the car and blowes up that joint could that be thirch echolon? cause in the infiltrate 3E preview on gametrailers it says c4 location 1

sammyboy1981
02-18-2010, 07:26 PM
That place looks a little run-down to be 3rd E. If anything, 3rd E might be the building at the end of the trailer where he says he "used to work here".

mattduck69
02-18-2010, 07:28 PM
tru but that place couldve been just the garage were he was droped off

sammyboy1981
02-18-2010, 07:42 PM
That's more likely some sort of holding facility for the EMP weapons (in Russia or whatever)...which is why he blowz it up real good.

mattduck69
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
That's more likely some sort of holding facility for the EMP weapons (in Russia or whatever)...which is why he blowz it up real good.

oh yer tru

sammyboy1981
02-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I must say though...I am disappointed in how they are representing 3rd Echelon in CONVICTION. It would appear that they are putting 3rd Echelon headquarters in DC, with a fancy glass building and an Eagle's Talon statue in the lobby. Not very subtle, IMO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

The books described 3rd Echelon HQ as a discreet little building in Langley, outside of the DC area and a lot more under-the-radar. That would seem to make more sense to me, considering that supposedly only a handful of people know about 3rdE. That's another thing I dislike, considering that now 3rdE has it's own army of soldiers, complete with 3rdE patches and uniforms. ( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif )

mattduck69
02-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
I must say though...I am disappointed in how they are representing 3rd Echelon in CONVICTION. It would appear that they are putting 3rd Echelon headquarters in DC, with a fancy glass building and an Eagle's Talon statue in the lobby. Not very subtle, IMO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

yer thats why i thought it was third ech

The books described 3rd Echelon HQ as a discreet little building in Langley, outside of the DC area and a lot more under-the-radar. That would seem to make more sense to me, considering that supposedly only a handful of people know about 3rdE. That's another thing I dislike, considering that now 3rdE has it's own army of soldiers, complete with 3rdE patches and uniforms. ( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif )

sammyboy1981
02-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I follow ya. That place is a little TOO dilapidated though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

It will be cool to be sneaking around HQ though, and get an opportunity to see what's in the offices and server rooms. If Ubi's smart, they'll fill the area with tons of Easter Eggs, just so that you can wander around and explore.

This is one of those places where I miss the 2007 Social Stealth aspects though. How awesome would it have been to sneak around HQ while there were people there? (because I'm guessing you're gonna be sneaking around when the building is empty... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif ). Remeber the CIA level in the very first gaem...like that, but kicked up a notch!!!


Oh well... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

simulacra
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
They might have expanded 3E to an official intelligence agency or subsidary of NSA, hopefully the story will convey what happened.

J Saint777
02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
In Chaos Theory it appears that Third Echelon is in a basement level of the NSA building in Fort Meade. If they kept the same location in Conviction, Sam walking up to a receptionist in a lobby would make sense.

ajyetzer
02-20-2010, 03:13 PM
You know it's possible that (due to faulty leadership) 3rd Echelon has become less "secret" and more like a miniature goverment run mafia.

cnader
02-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
This is one of those places where I miss the 2007 Social Stealth aspects though. How awesome would it have been to sneak around HQ while there were people there? (because I'm guessing you're gonna be sneaking around when the building is empty... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif ). Remeber the CIA level in the very first gaem...like that, but kicked up a notch!!!


Oh well... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

They did keep some of the social-stealth aspects. The first Malta demo had social stealth aspects in it.

newhenpal
02-20-2010, 03:58 PM
There's a pic circulating out there (an ad for the Collector's Edition, I believe) that shows a statue of the 3E talon in what looks like a lobby, which may be the one where the receptionist in question works.

Call me a nit-picker, but I'm going to stick to my conviction and call the idea of a black ops agency having a reception area that leads directly to them, can be accessed from a public area, and is adorned with a statue of their LOGO (WTF?!) as being ludicrous.




Originally posted by JSaint777:
In Chaos Theory it appears that Third Echelon is in a basement level of the NSA building in Fort Meade. If they kept the same location in Conviction, Sam walking up to a receptionist in a lobby would make sense.

It has an underground feel to it when shown in cutscenes, but what makes you say that it's below the NSA HQ?

sammyboy1981
02-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by cnader:
They did keep some of the social-stealth aspects. The first Malta demo had social stealth aspects in it.

That sounds great...do you have a link to some gameplay footage for that?

Specifically what I liked about the '07 Social Stealth was the interactivity with the environment...piece of trash=pick it up...cell phone=pick it up...bookshelf=knock it over...etc, etc, etc. From what I understand about this new game, is that interactivity is pretty much gone unless it's something spcific they actually prompt you to do.

But if you've got an example of Malta's stuff, I'd like to see it.

mattduck69
02-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cnader:
They did keep some of the social-stealth aspects. The first Malta demo had social stealth aspects in it.

That sounds great...do you have a link to some gameplay footage for that?

Specifically what I liked about the '07 Social Stealth was the interactivity with the environment...piece of trash=pick it up...cell phone=pick it up...bookshelf=knock it over...etc, etc, etc. From what I understand about this new game, is that interactivity is pretty much gone unless it's something spcific they actually prompt you to do.

But if you've got an example of Malta's stuff, I'd like to see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its only a little bit but on this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQE4ufrrItQ at about 3:15 he starts doin it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cyrus.H
02-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
I must say though...I am disappointed in how they are representing 3rd Echelon in CONVICTION. It would appear that they are putting 3rd Echelon headquarters in DC, with a fancy glass building and an Eagle's Talon statue in the lobby. Not very subtle, IMO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

The books described 3rd Echelon HQ as a discreet little building in Langley, outside of the DC area and a lot more under-the-radar. That would seem to make more sense to me, considering that supposedly only a handful of people know about 3rdE. That's another thing I dislike, considering that now 3rdE has it's own army of soldiers, complete with 3rdE patches and uniforms. ( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif )
It makes me cry to think that that the old developers spent four whole games establishing that Third Echelon was a secret sub-division of the NSA, only for that work to be undone in a few seconds by Max Beland and co. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

sammyboy1981
02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Wow...that's some pretty weak Social Stealth. Just cuz there are a few (and I stress, FEW) people around, doesn't make it Social Stealth.

The original gameplay (07 Ubidays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTtSEGVR8M)) had some serious interactivity with the crowd (after 1:30). Perhaps Hobo-Sam and the hoodie "disguise" was a bit much, but they didn't need to scrap the entire system...I could've easily seen this making it into the new game, along with the more action bits.

And Cyrus...welcome to the world of 24-style government security...ghastly HQ offices and espionage with all the subtlty of a kick to the groin. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cyrus.H
02-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
Wow...that's some pretty weak Social Stealth. Just cuz there are a few (and I stress, FEW) people around, doesn't make it Social Stealth.

The original gameplay (07 Ubidays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTtSEGVR8M)) had some serious interactivity with the crowd (after 1:30). Perhaps Hobo-Sam and the hoodie "disguise" was a bit much, but they didn't need to scrap the entire system...I could've easily seen this making it into the new game, along with the more action bits.

And Cyrus...welcome to the world of 24-style government security...ghastly HQ offices and espionage with all the subtlty of a kick to the groin. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
*sigh* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

While Beland and co. are still "polishing" the game, they might as well implement a giant "Oh hai der, we r a top sekret goverment blak ops agensy lol!!" neon sign to the building. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif