PDA

View Full Version : Engaging enemies

Firedragon1717
03-09-2005, 01:16 AM
After looking at the navigational video im a little worried that the only way you can bump into a contact and make it "appear" is if your in map view, what worries me most is the fact that when you can engage something you get a 3 option popup when in the map view. Does this mean we cant stumble upon the enemy while in the 3D perspective? Do we have to be in the map view to encounter them otherwise we dont get the 3 option popup?

Firedragon1717
03-09-2005, 01:16 AM
After looking at the navigational video im a little worried that the only way you can bump into a contact and make it "appear" is if your in map view, what worries me most is the fact that when you can engage something you get a 3 option popup when in the map view. Does this mean we cant stumble upon the enemy while in the 3D perspective? Do we have to be in the map view to encounter them otherwise we dont get the 3 option popup?

Poacher886a
03-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Mate,you can and will encounter enemy's while on the bridge or anywhere in 3D mode.

But no,you wont get the option pop up,your options are only limited by your brain!

Gouldjg
03-09-2005, 01:54 AM
No, you do not have to be in map view to engage.

Unlike SH2 in which you could play most of the game in map view as you would always get contact data on the map and the fact that you were notified of a ship before it came into view.

In sh3 on realistic options you do not get contact data unless you enter it from one of the sensors. If you want you can send lookouts below and stand on deck alone but that is not historically realistic.

When playing in the realistic mode it is intense and to me much better fun. The good thing about SH3 is the fact that even when playing in the highest setting you can still get the crew to do jobs that you do not want to do. The key here is to get a good crew or you will find your boat has a number of weaknesses.

Hope this help.