PDA

View Full Version : Things I've picked up on so far

Silent-Eagle
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
FC3 demo with interview (http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/far-cry-3-screenshot-oxcgn-1.jpg)

So i just finished watching that and i gotta say WOW, can't wait for FC3. Just a few things i noticed.

Ive seen a few people complain that they don't want the game to be linear level structure, I don't think thats an issue it was said multiple times "Open World" and "If you can see it you can get to it".

It seems like we won't have AI with the perception of an eagle with a telescope this time in FC2 it was almost impossible to escape enemies once in a firefight but in the demo he clearly blows the crap out of some then looses them in the water, can you say i can no longer be seen through a 5ft tree trunk?

To reinforce the open world thing, i think gun shops or some for will return. When he seaches the guys body at the waterfall he gets money and an Ivory Statue, what would we possibly use money for? a statue? sell for more money. so i reckon gun shops of some for will return.

Could the island be Jacutan from FC1? (Instincts, predator which ever) at the begining there is a wreckage of a japanese plane anyone remember them in the older games?

The camera will be part of gameplay, the new binoculars? hope this dosn't lead to sight seeing achievments *shudders*

Vaas, possibly one of the best characters ive ever met in a video game says "The thing is i killed you once" we know your boat is destroyed in the game (FC1 referance/throwback?) was it Vaas? His attitude change on the fly of talking about insanity then going crazy at you was also brilliant.

Its said the temples and stuff (Which also look very FC:I/P like) are explorable and who knows what you'll find.

Experiance points thing will tie in somehow maybe to MP or maybe you can spend them on learning particuler skills like tree climbing, or holding your breath for longer, gun maintanence, leanr new moves just an idea of how it could tie in to SP if that is what it is i can see it tieing into your survival skills.

Arrows around crosshairs seem to tell you who is aware of your and how many eg this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nXjcMlX8oE) when he does the death from above on this guy a white arrow appears showing that one guard is aware something is there but hasn't seen you, when he starts shooting two white one's apear showing that two guys are aware of something it then turns red obviously showing that he knows your there, they also seem to work on a line of sight basis, when the AI has no visual contact they dissapear then re-appear when he is seen again a few seconds later/ IMO a nice touch.

One thing im very curious about is Jason Brody himself, he seems very competant in what he is doing with weapons and hand to hand take downs why is this? Jack Carver if i remember correctly was a Navy SEAL so that explains his survival/weapons skills but where did Brody get his?

Theese are just some things o picked up on, if you post any i will edit them into the OP giving credit of course.

x_maxpower204
06-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey Silent-Eagle, good observations.

We have a FAR CRY 3 Info/FAQ thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1131043829/m/3811059929) stickied at the top of the board. If you have any new info please add it there too so I can update it for everyone.

Thanks!

Silent-Eagle
06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Ahh great didn't realise it was there no i feel like an idiot lol

lil_morta_7
06-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Silent-Eagle:
FC3 demo with interview (http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/far-cry-3-screenshot-oxcgn-1.jpg)

Vaas, possibly one of the best characters ive ever met in a video game says "The thing is i killed you once" we know your boat is destroyed in the game (FC1 referance/throwback?) was it Vaas? His attitude change on the fly of talking about insanity then going crazy at you was also brilliant.

No. Probably not. They said these events were a good 1/3 through the game. My guess is that Vass already tried to kill him earlier in the game. Failed, and tried again. Only to fail again. And he keeps telling you the definition of insanity because hes now wondering if he is crazy. He keeps trying to kill you over and over expecting different results. (Death) but you always escape. I think that's what that whole talk with Vass was about.