PDA

View Full Version : Key feature not understood

Me (Pilot 1)
09-25-2004, 05:14 PM
It has been said of the upcoming title: One of a Kind: Brothers in Arms is the only first-person tactical shooter set in WWII.
What does this mean?

Me (Pilot 1)
09-25-2004, 05:14 PM
It has been said of the upcoming title: One of a Kind: Brothers in Arms is the only first-person tactical shooter set in WWII.
What does this mean?

EasyRed506
09-28-2004, 10:11 AM
alot of things! For one, it's a tactical FPS meaning that you control yourself along with the rest of your 7 man squad (8, including yourself). Think Full Spectrum Warrior but with the playability of Halo. Second, the AI is state of the art. The enemy AI reacts to your movements, so they'll flank you as you try to flank them. So it's not all "run-n-gun", you have to use strategy. Plus, some of the best graphics I've seen. Halo started development in '97, then was released in '01. BiA has been in development for 3 1/2 years, so go figure. Watch the E3 demo, Randy Pitchford is playing the game and gets killed as the Germans make a counter attack. He is the developer of the game & did not know that was going to happen. So, the replay value is thru the roof as every situation, each time you play it, will be different.

Princejules
01-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Yeah its the first of its kinda, and amazing too.

NYC1984
01-30-2005, 10:36 AM
It aint a game where you just run around shooting people and blowing **** up. Well actually its just that but....Organized.

savage_rabbit
01-30-2005, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Randy Pitchford is playing the game and gets killed as the Germans make a counter attack. He is the developer of the game & did not know that was going to happen. So, the replay value is thru the roof as every situation, each time you play it, will be different.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you think he didn't know that was going to happen? The E3 Demo was heavily scripted for demonstration purposes and of course he knew that was going to happen. But the game itself will not be scripted.