PDA

View Full Version : cant start on the runway as squadron leader

stugumby
02-08-2006, 07:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Arrgh, making the final missions of Bufapore 2 and have experienced a wierd problem. I am the squadron leader and if I'm trying to take off but have another flight airborne and spawning at same time,when it opens as a campaign I'm in the air and E flight is on the ground. Tried it in fmb and I'm where im supposed to be on the ground. My settings are 60th squadron 1 squadron 1 flight. other is 60/1/2 flight. Fixed problem by making others 60/2/1 but now I dont have squadron leader control over them, all I get is red flight. If I change my rank to sergeant im just wingman 4 and alls well. Any ideas???

stugumby
02-08-2006, 07:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Arrgh, making the final missions of Bufapore 2 and have experienced a wierd problem. I am the squadron leader and if I'm trying to take off but have another flight airborne and spawning at same time,when it opens as a campaign I'm in the air and E flight is on the ground. Tried it in fmb and I'm where im supposed to be on the ground. My settings are 60th squadron 1 squadron 1 flight. other is 60/1/2 flight. Fixed problem by making others 60/2/1 but now I dont have squadron leader control over them, all I get is red flight. If I change my rank to sergeant im just wingman 4 and alls well. Any ideas???

Zeus-cat
02-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Are you using a real runway or one of the test runways? If it is a real runway you should be fine. The test runways are ships and only a limited number of planes can spawn on them.

stugumby
02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Set as test runway 3 "red" . no other aircraft set to take off at same time but a flight of blenheims set to take off 4 min later, so they dont show at all until they spawn. what should be 60/1/2 has to be 60/2/1 to work.

plumps_
02-09-2006, 12:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stugumby:
I am the squadron leader and if I'm trying to take off but have another flight airborne and spawning at same time,when it opens as a campaign I'm in the air and E flight is on the ground. Tried it in fmb and I'm where im supposed to be on the ground. My settings are 60th squadron 1 squadron 1 flight. other is 60/1/2 flight. Fixed problem by making others 60/2/1 but now I dont have squadron leader control over them, all I get is red flight. If I change my rank to sergeant im just wingman 4 and alls well. Any ideas??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the way it is. In campaign mode the campaign engine will assign the player to one of the player sqadron's aircraft, depending on the rank.

If the mission result depends on a certain aircraft being manned by the player then all you can do is tell him to select the highest rank before he starts the campaign.

Tully__
02-09-2006, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If the mission result depends on a certain aircraft being manned by the player then all you can do is tell him to select the highest rank before he starts the campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alternately, assing all flights but the one you wish the player to be in to a different squadron to the player in the "Properties" tab squadron drop down. The player may still not be in the right plane, but he'll definitely be in the right flight.