PDA

View Full Version : Is there a game that can replace R63 / R63BA?

Dunk UK
08-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Just supposing Lockdown does not go down too well with the old skool when it comes out, what game would you suggest as an alternative? Will there ever be a game as simple yet so addictive and fun or will friends just play the originals until their disks pack in?

Ghost Recon 2 is totally different, Black Hawk Down is pants, Counter Strike lasted a few minutes in my house and Halo 2... well people jumping 30 foot in the air just doesn't do it for me. Brothers In Arms, Full Spectrum Warrior and all the others I have played are all different and come nowhere near.

Now don't get me wrong, Lockdown from what I have seen so far looks a good game but it isn't Rainbow as I know it. I'll play it but I have a feeling my friends online will move on to something new...

ImRoadkill2
08-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Well that is the thing the game play for lockdown is down there with black hawk down.. both game r terrible.. Just hope that the demo is NOTHING like the game because other then that i give it 2 thumbs DOWN

MagnaWolf
08-07-2005, 03:47 PM
I, for one, am looking forward to Lockdown. I would be disappointed if Lockdown was "more of the same". I still play RS3, didn't like BA that much (traded it in a couple of months ago) and I'm getting tired of realistic sim-shooters. If Lockdown is as "arcadey" as some people say, fine by me. I like "arcadey" games. Couldn't stand Halo 2 though ;-) Don't be so conservative when it comes to games. I'm glad that they are starting to approach those who hasn't played the RS series before. More people to play with,as I see it :-) The original games are still there for you to play. Granted, I haven't had a chance to play the demo yet because I live in Sweden, but I'm certain that I'm gonna enjoy this game when it comes out.

WhiteKnight77
08-07-2005, 04:35 PM
It's guys like you that have ruined the one companies games that actually set the standard. With the multitude of arcade shooters avaiable, guys like you want us to adopt to bunny hopping, run and gun type gameplay. With the plethora of arcade games, you have many to choose from with don't require much thought to play. How about leaving games from RSE to those who can process the thoughts needed to play them instead of having a clone?

I bought a PC for one reason and one reason only, Rainbow Six. I love the way it plays and hwo everything works about it. RSE wrote the book when it came to Tac-Sims and to change to arcade game maker stinks as there many developers that make mindless games.

If you want a mindless arcade shooter, find game from a different company and don't bother those of us who actually want to play something that can't be found anywhere else.

I find it funny that you didn't like Halo2 if you like arcade games. Halo, along with CS, UT, Doom or Quake all typify the arcade game shooter genre.

MagnaWolf
08-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
It's guys like you that have ruined the one companies games that actually set the standard. With the multitude of arcade shooters avaiable, guys like you want us to adopt to bunny hopping, run and gun type gameplay. With the plethora of arcade games, you have many to choose from with don't require much thought to play. How about leaving games from RSE to those who can process the thoughts needed to play them instead of having a clone?

I bought a PC for one reason and one reason only, Rainbow Six. I love the way it plays and hwo everything works about it. RSE wrote the book when it came to Tac-Sims and to change to arcade game maker stinks as there many developers that make mindless games.

If you want a mindless arcade shooter, find game from a different company and don't bother those of us who actually want to play something that can't be found anywhere else.

I find it funny that you didn't like Halo2 if you like arcade games. Halo, along with CS, UT, Doom or Quake all typify the arcade game shooter genre. I hope that you are aware of the fact that I'm not the one who made this game? ;-) For the record: I absolutley love RS3. It's by far the best game for the Xbox in my opinion. I'm just not that hung up about the fact that they seem to reach those those who haven't played the RS-series before. I know quite alot of people who have stayed away from the RS-games in the past, that will buy this one. If UBI has chosen to go down this road, I'm all for it. Change is good :-)

Dunk UK
08-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Hmmm... well I've played the demo all night and I enjoyed it but so far, I haven't found a lot of skill needed. By this I mean I've stood in decent places and tapped tapped tapped the gun yet the enemy doesn't respond.

Also, while using the sniper rife it took 3 or 4 shots to take a stationary target down even though it was hitting them.

Still, we'll always have the previous games... I'm sure Lockdown will keep us entertained http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2005, 06:33 PM
I think Lockdown will be a top 5 LIVE game for a while. It probably won't bump Halo 2 off the top though.
I don't think there is a game that can totally replace R63 or BA in terms of a tactical shooter on XBOX.
The only game I can think of that comes close is Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike. Almost everyone I've played with online communicates well and uses good tactics.
Eg. There are some guys in D4.

Kev5890
08-07-2005, 11:10 PM
i think ubisoft got far away from the game i could play 7 hours a day in the summer.

But i will play Battlefield 2 modern combat, looks great and the demo is amazing.

II miss my old rainbow

Pennywisdom1188
08-08-2005, 05:16 AM
If you want a tactical shooter get americas army when it comes out for xbox. Iv been playing it for the computer a little latly and its very tactical. I dont know how the xbox version will be compared to pc interms of gameplay but it should be pretty good for xbox also.