PDA

View Full Version : Can Recon Observe And Learn??

swearengen482
10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Well it feels good to be back to this forum again and after playing Flashpoint I can truly say that the co-op experience was great but at times I thought the next recon can do better. Codemasters failed to realize the importance of customizaton. Loadouts of weapons, only 4 players max, and after a mission having to start a mission lobby over again(along with all the AI bugs) can be an annoyance. With the speculation of Ghost Recon Predator maybe just around the corner can Ubisoft learn and make GR return to its roots and kick some <span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Bypassing the forum language filter is not permitted </span>

navyseal-us1990
10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
With the speculation of Ghost Recon Predator maybe just around the corner can Ubisoft learn and make GR return to its roots and kick some BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

swearengen482
10-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah--thats what I meant!!

ms-kleaneasy
10-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by navyseal-us1990:
With the speculation of Ghost Recon Predator maybe just around the corner can Ubisoft learn and make GR return to its roots and kick some BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as I've said in the other thread I dont know where the idea its 'just around the corner' has come from but the games scheduled for release during the financial year 2010-11, the games not just around the corner I'm afraid

spm1138
10-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Nope http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I will eat my hat if this isn't a vegas-alike multiplatform title.

Still... FINGERS CROSSED http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

AI BLUEFOX
10-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by navyseal-us1990:

Just as I've said in the other thread I dont know where the idea its 'just around the corner' has come from but the games scheduled for release during the financial year 2010-11, the games not just around the corner I'm afraid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some people might be thinking that another 6-18 months is just around the corner if they have been waiting a few years already,

ms-kleaneasy
10-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Have to disagree with you there AIBluefox, no matter how long you've been waiting anything more than 6 months is not just around the corner. Less than yes but not more

AI BLUEFOX
10-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Well............it's kind of relative not absolute.

If you're a two year old then tea-time is just around the corner, and 6 months is a whole life time away. If your 60 then retirement is just around the corner and 2010/2011 is almost now.

Anyhow it's all semantics, so we should sort this out on the battlefield. Can you get a few community nights going again we haven't had one for a while?

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm down for a community game. Which platform? Real gamers (PC) or kids (console)?

BS PALADIN
10-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by BSR_RuGGBuTT:
I'm down for a community game. Which platform? Real gamers (PC) or kids (console)?

That remark shows a complete lack of respect and intelligence. Any weight your points may have had have been severely diminished due to your stupid opinion.

ms-kleaneasy
10-23-2009, 03:50 AM

Ruggbutt pack it in, you know very well console gamers are not kids and your persistence in calling them such is intentional flaming that will see a suspension if forced..... lets not give me extra work now please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Ok, I'll stop the flaming.

What I don't understand is why UBI in their infinite wisdom would put console and PC gamers in the same forum. After the news that MW2 doesn't have dedicated servers and that OFP DR won't have them PC gamers aren't very happy about how console gaming has interfered negatively in our community. We're getting dumbed down games, nothing like we used to see in the OGR days. UBI is even guilty of this with GRAW 2 by giving consoles a bunch of new maps that could easily be ported over for PC.

The above rant wasn't pointed at console gamers personally but it was a valid discussion about how the PC crowd is being given the shaft. Yeah, I'm ****ed at UBI and at this stage of the game I can honestly say they are teh suck.

If you check the majority of my posts they're in the Lock On forum. At least with that sim it wasn't dumbed down. I understand that you only can have X amount of commands cuz the controller has so many less buttons and such. But UBI needs to give PC a true PC version of the game. The PC community is in an uproar about the lack of respect we get from the devs. Their companies wouldn't exist if it weren't for us buying their games in the beginning. And in many instances (re: UBI) we got the shaft.

spm1138
10-23-2009, 11:07 AM
tbh Ruggbutt I know a lot of console guys who'd rather have dedicated servers :P

MeanMF
10-23-2009, 05:36 PM
PC gaming is dead because of piracy. I read that in the weeks after COD4 came out, they were seeing a 4:1 ratio of pirated to legitimate copies. That's not sustainable. Any time a publisher tries to do something to reduce piracy (monthly subscriptions, copy protection, MW2's matchmaking system) the PC community instantly turns into a sea of nerd rage. Publishers are moving to consoles because they can still make money there. I moved because the cheating is much less rampant.

spm1138
10-23-2009, 06:34 PM
lol

Of those only one is even vaguely an anti piracy measure and it's a totally ineffective one.

You've also moved from a platform with established third party anti-cheat software to one without.

Think then post. Think then post.

MeanMF
10-23-2009, 07:09 PM
I know the truth hurts, but personal attacks will get you nowhere.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-23-2009, 11:13 PM
If anyone thinks that chipped consoles and pirated console copies aren't rampant, think again. I talked to the kid next door and almost all his buddies get their games for free. I don't know of one person who owns a console who doesn't also own a computer. To say that consoles are more secure is BS.

AI BLUEFOX
10-24-2009, 06:44 AM
If anyone thinks that chipped consoles and pirated console copies aren't rampant, think again. I talked to the kid next door and almost all his buddies get their games for free. I don't know of one person who owns a console who doesn't also own a computer. To say that consoles are more secure is BS.

There are chipped consoles and pirated copies for sure. There are also measures in place on the console live networks that detect abuse and ban the users. Not 100% effective by a long way but still more secure than PC gaming I would have thought. Do ISPs ban people's accounts for using pirate copies of PC games?

All a bit irrelevant though; PC gamer, console gamer, who cares? Each to his own I say.

ms-kleaneasy
10-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by AI.BLUEFOX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BSR_RuGGBuTT:

There are chipped consoles and pirated copies for sure. There are also measures in place on the console live networks that detect abuse and ban the users. Not 100% effective by a long way but still more secure than PC gaming I would have thought. Do ISPs ban people's accounts for using pirate copies of PC games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would add to this something a lot of people donít consider when discussing piracy on PC vs. console. To play pirate games on a console requires a hardware mod, now I realise in saying this some people know how to perform these modifications, and others know who to pay to get it done but PC doesnít require any hardware modification to play pirate games and so it is automatically much easier to access, anyone regardless of hardware knowledge can play pirate games on PC. This isnít the case for console and that in addition to the other methods in place do contribute hugely to the scale affecting each system.

Originally posted by AI.BLUEFOX:
All a bit irrelevant though; PC gamer, console gamer, who cares? Each to his own I say.

I couldnt agree more

spm1138
10-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by MeanMF:
I know the truth hurts, but personal attacks will get you nowhere.

Personal attack?

I addressed the contents of your post. Which are wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

I don't need any personal attacks.

WhiteKnight77
10-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AI.BLUEFOX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BSR_RuGGBuTT:

There are chipped consoles and pirated copies for sure. There are also measures in place on the console live networks that detect abuse and ban the users. Not 100% effective by a long way but still more secure than PC gaming I would have thought. Do ISPs ban people's accounts for using pirate copies of PC games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would add to this something a lot of people donít consider when discussing piracy on PC vs. console. To play pirate games on a console requires a hardware mod, now I realise in saying this some people know how to perform these modifications, and others know who to pay to get it done but PC doesnít require any hardware modification to play pirate games and so it is automatically much easier to access, anyone regardless of hardware knowledge can play pirate games on PC. This isnít the case for console and that in addition to the other methods in place do contribute hugely to the scale affecting each system.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still, publishing companies have a way of completely ignoring the areas where console piracy is rampant, Asia/South America (Asia moreso though) and think it is just a US/European problem. Sony even sells games for less in Asia to get gamers to actually pay for the games instead of pirating them. What does that say for the real price of a game? Publishers need to compare piracy rates world wide to each platform than just a few specific areas.