PDA

View Full Version : About This Succubus-Creature .... (screenshot 2)

Dink-the-Mink
04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
It sure looks nice, but the wings... look kinda - upside-down, would you agree?

reg

PS: If this has been pointed on/discussed before, please slap me^^

Dink-the-Mink
04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
It sure looks nice, but the wings... look kinda - upside-down, would you agree?

reg

PS: If this has been pointed on/discussed before, please slap me^^

The-Filth
04-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah, the wings are indeed upside down. Also look at the other creature(Balor?) with wings in that screen. That one also has its wings upside down. Both look nice though, so I dont mind.

Dink-the-Mink
04-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh, right. I didn't even notice that his things are the wrong way round, too^^

Well, I doN#t like it. It just looks... wrohg..
But it seem that everyone has his/her own opinion here - But I sure do hope they turn them around...

reg

indie85
04-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Iv noticed on the registration page that the 'angel' is opposite to the succubus, this suggests to me their representing the equal in terms of evil and good, or in other words their the same level creatures. Now i dont think that the succubus is the inferno towns highest creature, so this means either the angel is now not the top level creature for castle or this 'angel' isnt an angel at all, but something else.

Kareeah_Indaga
04-05-2005, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ****-the-Mink:
Well, I doN#t like it. It just looks... wrohg.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the Kreegan are among if not the evilest faction in HMM, I think that was the idea. It just looks too deliberate to have been done for no reason.

Dink-the-Mink
04-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Hmm, might be.... Still don't like it :P ^^
Oh, I just noticed in that quote, what typos I made lol^^

@indie85: Well, I guess that they just didn't want to show another creature allready and chose the Succubus because it's female (as their angel is too -.-)...

reg

The-Filth
04-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, if you think about it, evil tends to turn things upside down. Like the upsidedown cross and pentagram....so why not wings too heh?
lol...
The upsidedown wings do look wrong. But in my eyes it looks right =) eeeh...something like that.

Dink-the-Mink
04-05-2005, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The-Filth:
Well, if you think about it, evil tends to turn things upside down. Like the upsidedown cross and pentagram....so why not wings too heh?
lol...
The upsidedown wings do look wrong. But in my eyes it looks right =) eeeh...something like that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Your post looks strange and upside-down, too. Are you evil, too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

reg

simon_cowell
04-05-2005, 04:02 PM
And you are sure that creature is a "succubus" because...? Whould not be so sure another one is a "balor"...

Dink-the-Mink
04-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I think I read somewhere that it is a Succubus - Still, you are right when you say that I might err.

Dunno if there's a Balor on screen2. Did I say so? If, I should do something about my memory lol

reg

The-Filth
04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
we vere told that the creatures in that screen is Succubus, Balor,Nightmare and demon. As far i can see from that screen, there is only one creature that is clearly female. So when a Succubus is a female demon, we can be pretty sure that the creature we are talking about is a Succubus. And i guees the Balor is the other winged creature.

PS: it's good to be evil =D

Doomcore
04-05-2005, 05:43 PM
It looks evil enough....and that's good....we need more evil creatures....Evil is good!!! ( in games only....not in real life )

RMS
04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh most certainly. Every game needs its fair share of evil creatures, even the not-so-very impressive ones, like cyborg chipmunks, for instance.

We have more than our fair share of evil creatures in real life as it is. Wouldn't you agree? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mike447a
04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indie85:
Iv noticed on the registration page that the 'angel' is opposite to the succubus, this suggests to me their representing the equal in terms of evil and good, or in other words their the same level creatures. Now i dont think that the succubus is the inferno towns highest creature, so this means either the angel is now not the top level creature for castle or this 'angel' isnt an angel at all, but something else. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

euh....

for me...

1st level : demon
2nd level : succubus
3rd level : nightmare
4th level : balor

also the angel is 4th level

in the 3rd picture .... balor vs angel ...
the angel doesn't fight a simple troglo!!!
balor must be as high as she(angel) !!!

so i'm considerating angel = 4th ...
so... balor as strong !!!

indie85
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
hat<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike447a:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indie85:
Iv noticed on the registration page that the 'angel' is opposite to the succubus, this suggests to me their representing the equal in terms of evil and good, or in other words their the same level creatures. Now i dont think that the succubus is the inferno towns highest creature, so this means either the angel is now not the top level creature for castle or this 'angel' isnt an angel at all, but something else. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

euh....

for me...

4th level : balor

also the angel is 4th level

in the 3rd picture .... balor vs angel ...
the angel doesn't fight a simple troglo!!!
balor must be as high as she(angel) !!!

so i'm considerating angel = 4th ...
so... balor as strong !!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well i hope theres more than 4 levels of creatures to a town, 4 creatures per town would be poor.

afflicked
04-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't think that the succubus is a high level creature or that the angel is a low level one:

Either the succubus was the only peice of concept art that would fit lengthwise on the login screen,

Or the designers thought that the winged, half naked demonic woman would make a more effective foil than the devilto the saintly angel. Probably not to be taken as a comparison of power.

Beltion
04-06-2005, 12:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike447a:
for me...

4th level : balor <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The burning horsie with a pun-for-a-name stronger than the she-demon? I'd guess the opposite.

One thing that the NWC artists did great was that with some lvl1 creatures they really hit the mark and made them look weak and pathetic. None of the demonic creatures has weakness written on them the same way as imps had, so I'm hoping there's at least one creature that's lower in the hiarchy than all the infernals in the picture.

stevenlynch
04-06-2005, 12:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beltion:

The burning horsie with a pun-for-a-name stronger than the she-demon? I'd guess the opposite.

One thing that the NWC artists did great was that with some lvl1 creatures they really hit the mark and made them look weak and pathetic. None of the demonic creatures has weakness written on them the same way as imps had, so I'm hoping there's at least one creature that's lower in the hiarchy than all the infernals in the picture. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. The Inferno should have at least one creature that looks weak. I think most of the time in Heroes history the creatures looked roughly as strong as they were in truth. So my vote is definitely to have at least one "weak-looking" Inferno creature that *is* weak. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif However the creature should still have its uses - it's no use if the imps are completely useless like they were in H3. Especially if the imp is on its own and doesn't have an upgrade.

(One exception was the H3 Crystal Dragon that "jumped" back every time it got hit even though it had a massive 800 hitpoints. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif However the H3 weak recruitable creatures certainly looked weak which I why I think the centaurs/centaur captains looked stronger than the imps, gremlins, pixies and gnolls.)

Lepastur
04-06-2005, 02:24 AM
Four levels only? I agree, it's so poor. About the wings, maybe the wings are at this position because the creature has just descended form the skies. The other creature, the balor, hasn't the wings upside down, perhaps it seems to be this way, buy maybe due to its four-legs position (on the other screens seems to stand high).

Dink-the-Mink
04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doomcore:
...Evil is good!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Strange way to put it lol

reg

UndeadDontDie
04-06-2005, 01:05 PM
To me it just looks like she is flexing her wings...
But then again, the last time I posted this message (2 minutes ago) it rejected my post for some reason :/