PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting Import Tuner Challenge?

arc14716
09-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Tomorrow, Import Tuner Challenge should be hitting stores. It's a street racing game for the 360 and well, why listen to me, when you can go here (http://ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=4738) for info.

Thing is, even though I like racing games, I've been debating whether I should pick up this one or wait until Need For Speed Carbon comes out. Anyone going to get it and if you do, could you please tell me whether it's good to get or give it a pass?

Magiz
09-26-2006, 05:48 AM
I still haven't even watched the trailer that was put up on the marketplace, for it yet. I'll be checking that out tonight.

As for getting the game. I guess I'll make a decision after the trailer and a few reviews.

ILuStriousK
09-26-2006, 06:13 AM
Wait for Carbon. It looks much better. I love the Need for Speed games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

arc14716
09-26-2006, 06:13 AM
Same here. It's funny, I didn't think too much of the trailer for the game I downloaded from the Marketplace.

However, Need for Speed Carbon looks good. I saw a few trailers for the game and it looks like it can be tricky, but at the same time, it's grabbing my interest, especially the bonus content you get if you pre-order the game from GameStop.

ILuStriousK
09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Bonus content? Time to do some Gamestop research.

Edit: Ahh get a code to unlock a Madza RX7 ey...interesting. ROFL. they spelt Mazda wrong on the gamestop website. "Purchase Need for Speed Carbon and receive an exclusive code to unlock the Mazada RX 7 on Xbox Live Marketplace FREE"

Whoa...they also have a collector's edition. "Exclusive Collector's Edition Content - Featuring three new cars, ten specially tuned cars, six new races, ten exclusive vinyl kits, and a bonus DVD containing behind-the-scenes footage on the making of the game."

Magiz
09-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Okay, I checked out the trailer for Import Tuner. Hate to say it in an Ubi forum but, this game looks terrible. I don't even want to know, why they made this.

As for Need for Speed: Carbon. EA has really turned the Need for Speed series into a yearly thing. Until I see more in game footage, I'll probably avoid this game. So far it just looks like a modified version of Most Wanted. Though I'll leave final judgement, for a more finished product or demo.

arc14716
09-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I've been checking for a Ubi forum for this game, but can't seem to find one.

Then again, I didn't notice a forum for Enchanted Arms or Open Season around here.

ShadowSkullV5
09-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I think Need for Speed: Carbon is a homage to the late movie Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift. I donno but that game looks hot.

Brimtown
09-27-2006, 11:08 AM
I can't really get into racing games too much. Maybe it's because I spend too much time crashing into walls. I drive like Mel Gibson after an all-night bender.

Probably the reason I like Burnout so much - it actually rewards bad driving!