PDA

View Full Version : Fore & Aft Gun issues.

fubar2150
11-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi All,

I have a slight problem that on returning from my second patrol that I am no longer able to send crew members to man the fore deck gun. There are simply no spaces available for them on the crew management page, though the fore gun does exist as I can use it myself.
I've tried reloading from the last save, getting to port for refit, quitting and reloading the game. I even bought a bigger gun using my renown. I even tried buying an aft gun instead. All no joy.

I have noticed it in the small list of bugs but any ideas for a fix? I'm currently patched upto 1.4. I can cope with manually firing my gun, as its only finish people off or sink the odd fishing boat, but its annoying.
Further info, the characters spaces in the scroll bar on the left of the crew management screen has place holders for the guys that were manning the guns, but they're kind blank http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Nice informative forum btw, been secretly reading for the past few days since I got the game.

Thanks in advance.

Fubar

Daffman1992
11-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey i'm having the same problem as you if my memory isn't failing i've read some other Thread about it, and there's no solution to it(yet?!)...

Edit: Getting a new submarine actuelly fixed the problem.

fubar2150
11-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Ahh ok thanks for the reponse. I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm offered a new boat.

billschmarr
11-28-2008, 08:47 AM
I've run into this myself, and next time it happens I'm going to try and note what model of boat this happens on. On my current 'career' I've declined a new boat for fear I'd run into this issue because I enjoy directing my deck gun crews.
Has anyone ever crewed a boat with a fore and aft deck gun? I have not been able to upgrade a boat with 2 deck guns yet?

ancient46
12-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Switching the gun from aft to fore or back can encounter a bug that fouls up the save game UPC file. It hasn't and probably will not be fixed. People who have poked around and are familiar with the structure of the UPC files can fix it with a quick edit. I can do it but I don't think I could come up with a coherent method to teach it to others. I remember some instructions to fix this over at the Sub Sim forum, so you might try there if you are interested.

captgeo
12-16-2008, 08:32 AM
well can someone please post a link to that thread, as I and other's(many) are having the same problem.....thank you in advance.

Yooperbacker
12-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Hello captgeo,
I am not sure what thread you are looking for but here is a link (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/) to Subsims.

One thing you will find out is either this time or the next when you finish your patrol and are entering port, you will be given a new sub and then the fore and aft gun placement will not be an issue.

captgeo
12-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Ok, thank you for the response my friend, I was looking for a link to a possible existting thread that explained a fix to this gun issue. I might add , I really like "manning" the gun myself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif You save alot more ammo.