PDA

View Full Version : Question on reloading patrol in progress

jbdenney
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I know there are lots of issues with reloading games - BUT

Running SH4 (1.4) with TM - Saved game at sea, on surface, 1X time, At Standard spead - nothing within a good 100 miles.

When I reload the game and the sim starts I get crashing sound, sound of breaking gages, screams of "we are taking damage" and "All Stop". When things calm down Damge control shows no damage (I assume the 3% hull damage was from previosu depth charge attack - all though I cannot swear it). GO on the bridge and there is nothing I could have run into. I start the engine and continue on may wayy.

Is this normal?

jbdenney
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I know there are lots of issues with reloading games - BUT

Running SH4 (1.4) with TM - Saved game at sea, on surface, 1X time, At Standard spead - nothing within a good 100 miles.

When I reload the game and the sim starts I get crashing sound, sound of breaking gages, screams of "we are taking damage" and "All Stop". When things calm down Damge control shows no damage (I assume the 3% hull damage was from previosu depth charge attack - all though I cannot swear it). GO on the bridge and there is nothing I could have run into. I start the engine and continue on may wayy.

Is this normal?

Maverick_U2007
02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't worry about it....you are not the first to have it.

Some suggest that it happens so that you know when you load the saved game, that your sub is damaged.

Me, it happens sometimes and sometimes it does not...I always take off my headphones when I reload a saved game...just in case.

I don't know but I think someone said their may have been a 'fix' for it...

So to answer your question..no you haven't hit anything...good hunting

Maverick