PDA

View Full Version : Maybe some helpful clues regarding the game not running...

Kpt_Zig
03-26-2005, 07:44 AM
My mate had it running on Win2000Pro, but I figured it might run a bit faster if I reformatted and upgraded him to XP (we were trying to compare it with his old GF3 vs a new FX5900).

Anyway...I forgot to install the VIA chipset drivers, but it would start and run until the end of the first loading bar. Then it stopped making it even that far, coming up with a "Failed to initialize 3D engine" message.

Installed the latest Hyperion drivers for the VIA mobo, game then ran ok on old 5-series dets. Updated to latest 7-series, same error message. Went through a bunch of different drivers, some worked, some didn't, including ones that work fine on my XP rig (66.93's).

No rhyme or reason for it, it appears the game is VERY fussy about different driver combo's on different hardware (mobo & graphics). Starforce has not been an issue.

Kpt_Zig
03-26-2005, 07:44 AM
My mate had it running on Win2000Pro, but I figured it might run a bit faster if I reformatted and upgraded him to XP (we were trying to compare it with his old GF3 vs a new FX5900).

Anyway...I forgot to install the VIA chipset drivers, but it would start and run until the end of the first loading bar. Then it stopped making it even that far, coming up with a "Failed to initialize 3D engine" message.

Installed the latest Hyperion drivers for the VIA mobo, game then ran ok on old 5-series dets. Updated to latest 7-series, same error message. Went through a bunch of different drivers, some worked, some didn't, including ones that work fine on my XP rig (66.93's).

No rhyme or reason for it, it appears the game is VERY fussy about different driver combo's on different hardware (mobo & graphics). Starforce has not been an issue.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Good info! Thanks for the sharing of this knowledge. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TASKFORCE1x1
04-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Topic moved to Com. Help April 1 2004.