PDA

View Full Version : Next settler game - Keep the gameplay from S2

mickebb
10-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi! Im disapointed with the new Settler6. You guys really need keep the gameplay from Settlers 2 - that game IS settlers in my opinion.

Uncontrolled soldiers + workers = YES!!
Prospektors/geologists = YES
Roads/Better roads = YES
Heros = NO
Building from S2 = YES
Building from S6 = YES
Weather from S6 = YES
Watersupply from Well like in S2 = YES

1 Economy

1.1 Buildings
Keep the buildings from S2 and the new added buildings from S6. The main issue in S6 is the lack of things to do, everything is so easy. Try to inplement some more buildings and make the barracks like in S2 where soilders get upgraded. Better shield / sword. Maybe add also a armorsmith which make armor for the soldiers. I mean there is many RTS games out there, try keep it in settlers style more details = more fun. LIke now in S6 there isonly IRON which goes to about everything. Add like gold, silver, iron resources, add more resources which make the game even deeper than S2. And why not add a limit of kind of workers like in S2 or add a training building for training workers/settlers into all kind of professions.

Example: buildings:
Woodcutter -> Sawmill -> (for buildings)
Woodcutter -> Brush maker -> (for cleaningess)
Woodcutter -> Stove supplier -> (for heating up buildings req small woods)
Stonecutter-> concrete maker -> (for medium, larger buildings)
Stonecutter -> Siege weapon ammunition building -> (for siege weapons)
Stonecutter -> Stoneblock building -> (for advanced building, like castle, store house, big buildings)
Ironmine -> Ore melter -> (for other needs)
Ironmine -> Ore melter -> Stove maker (for heating up buildings)
Ironmine -> Ore melter -> Armorsmith (difrrent level of armors, cheap to exlusive)
Ironmine -> Ore melter -> Swordsmith (diffrent level of swords, cheap to exlusive)
Ironmine -> Ore melter -> Shield smith (diffrent level of shield, cheap to exlusive)

It takes to much time to put all my thoughts but other importent issue is that building need several resources to refine/produce not only one like in S6. LIke for making bread you need wheat + water. Well building need be build like in S2 not like in S6 where its free.
Diffrent kind of buildings:
VERY SIMPLE BUILDINGS (build very fast, no foundation, no paint, no)
SIMPLE BUILDINGS (build fast, no foundation, no paint, req woodboard) = like simple gather resources buildings like woodcutter, mine etc etc
MEDIUM BUILDINGS (build medium, req foundation, reqpainted, req woodboard) = Town buildings, buiding that refines resoruces
ADVANCED BUILDINGS (Build slow, req foundation, req paint, req woodboard)

Upgrade simple building to hold more and more workers require foundation

1.1 Resources

Iron (mine)
silver (mine)
gold (mine)
stone (mine)
GEMS (mine)

salt(from sea, or mine)
species (plantage)
wheat (plnatage)
corn (plantage)
Banana (plantage)
Tobacco (plantage)

cattle (milk or meat)
Sheep (skin + meat/each or only skin)
Deer (skin + meat/each)
Bear (Skin + meat/each)
Horses (transport or meat)
Donkeys (transport or meat)

2. Gameplay
Please keep the Settlers 2 gameplay its really fanastic just increase the difficulty with additional effects like Wheater and add the buildings from S6 like Church. Make the roads alomst like contruction works, not simply add a road fast.
2.1 Soldiers
Need a settler which need to train, the longer he trains the better he gets. Difrent kind of degrees of traning. Then there is diffrent kind of refined sword, shields and armor for the soldier. Soldier will go to a selected barrack and the gameplay will just allow to attack a barrack, outpost and castle to take over territory.
2.2 The random effect
Lets say you have 1 horse in your storehouse and you build a horsefram. The horse reproduce it self when theys go by. Or make a realsitic approch and add male/female animals which reproduce itself. So when the farm hit max limit of horses it need to get rid of some so maybe transport primarty and if the transport sector is satisfied the horuse will go to the butcher/sloguter house. The random effect will be that maybe cold winter animals can die. THere can also be some kind of sickness that kill horse or if there is medicine the horse will surruve. Maybe add a animal doctor building.
Deep thinking, big thinking
Try to understand there is no games in the world that are near the settlers genre, its a unique genere. SO try explore it more with the unique chains of economy like in real life but in a medieval or older time which make the economy and manegment little easier but still learning how the chains working. Try focus more on building and economy than on War!

Wishes that the next Settlers will be bigger, deeper and more advanced, really hope you explore the economic parts and chains more, even more than S2!

Humble regards
Mike

Sorry for my english i wrote this in hurry! )

Svanjan
10-24-2007, 02:43 AM
+1

EdiTheGodfather
10-24-2007, 10:04 AM
No no no no, no more uncontrolled units, in specially soldiers and boats, actualy, only soldiers and boats cuz the other settlers can do theyr work alone. The next Settlers should be similary to settlers 3, in ancient times, but with more civilisations. Those would be: romans, egiptians, asians, greeks, persians, arabians, vikings, indians, mayans, africans and russians. If you think of other civilisations don't be shy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . Some buildings in plus, a well and a stone mine should do the trick. Ow, and help God, smarter boats, those from S3 are horifiing, they excelate in theyr dumbness http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif , running into one another all the time. Day/night cycle and 4 seasons. And that's about all. And some lower graphics performance wouldn't harm anyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

pennyuk
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Just gives us a game like S4 with the graphics from S6.NO boats too many problems online with them,and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sabos,cos I HATE them!!

EdiTheGodfather
10-25-2007, 07:00 AM
I don't know what sabos are but they should definitly put boats cuz all the settlers i've played (actualy only S5 and S6) seemed that they were missing somethin', and that somethin' would be the boats, trade and transport. Ow, and there sould be one more boat type which is in fact a boat necesarily for the fisherman, not a controlled one. So i say the next Settlers should be moe like S3 with grafics from S5 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

BTOG46
10-25-2007, 07:44 AM
The boats are a complete and utter buggy pain in the @ss, I'm with penny here, look at all the old threads and see how many are about the damned ferries/trade ships, etc. etc.etc.
Unless they can get them to work 100% with no fuss, I say NO to boats.......

megg
10-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Sabos = saboteurs = rotten little settlers who can destroy every building they come near, not just soldiers towers or castles. They are frequently used in multiplayer games, especially if there is a player who insists on building numerous castles, and blocking them in behind other closely placed buildings. grrr

But then again, if I am playing a single player game, they are quite handy for slowing down the ai, especially if used on the barracks or the heavy industry buildings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EdiTheGodfather
10-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Can you exemplify?

megg
10-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I am not certain if saboteurs were available in the original S4 cd for singleplayer missions, but they were added either in the mission cd or the addon cd.

The player can send the saboteurs to enemy territory and, armed with their pickaxes, they will walk, short distances, from building to building destroying them.

So if the player chooses important ai buildings and destroys them, then their production is slowed down, giving the player more time to establish their own soldier recruiting.

EdiTheGodfather
10-31-2007, 07:44 AM
A, you're right with no sabos, but i was saying the gameplay from S3 should be kept, where i don't know if there are any kind of sabos. Anyway the next settlers game should be "The Settlers III 10th Anniversary".