PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server

Mut14
12-30-2004, 10:04 PM
This is all I ask for, The ability to create a dedicated server (for co-op and SvM) for PC.

I havent been following the game recently so I dont know if it has been discussed or not.

Mut14
12-30-2004, 10:04 PM
This is all I ask for, The ability to create a dedicated server (for co-op and SvM) for PC.

I havent been following the game recently so I dont know if it has been discussed or not.

A. I.
12-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Bah, I personally see no use for dedicated servers, it's just **** that eats up your CPU; can't even be in the game at the same time. Meh. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

John HX
12-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I think dedicated servers are very much needed... never understood why they werent in PT.
This would allow Jolt and the like to host a bunch of permanent servers so casual gamers wouldnt have to look forever for a descent pinged host... Plus noone in the game would have the advantage of hosting.

Mut14
12-30-2004, 11:25 PM
<quote>I think dedicated servers are very much needed... never understood why they werent in PT.
This would allow Jolt and the like to host a bunch of permanent servers so casual gamers wouldnt have to look forever for a descent pinged host... Plus noone in the game would have the advantage of hosting. </quote>

Exactly what I was thinking! I dont think I once got a server with a ping lower than 100. If there was a dedicated server gaming companys like Gamearena and Internode put up servers (if they wanted to) and you would beable to get way better pings.