PDA

View Full Version : What may be causing CTDs in V1.5?



jldjs
12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I've been playing SHIV, v1.5 for about a month. I DL'd many single missions and patrols and enjoy them. But, I recently started playing Tambor's Single missions, in particular "Oil in the storm" and it continually CTDs as I attack the 3rd and 4th tankers. Being very new to this game, can someone suggest why these CTD's? I [play stock 1.5.

MWolfe1963
12-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Have you tried other modes of play, like playing a campaign?

If all the other single missions work and it only happens with this one it could be a bug in just this one mission.

Tambor will probably be around and help you figure it out, but if everything else is running fine, I'd say this mission may have a bug.

I've played most of them with no problems, but can't recall this one.

jldjs
12-30-2009, 09:10 PM
I just started playing Tambor's single missions. I have only had CTDs with "oil..." and "New Guinea Intercept" while I've played about 6 others without problems. I must add that I have enjoyed all of these but would like to understand why these CTDs. I have no other mods installed, purely v1.5 from the Gold Edition and I play with easiest settings. Still a NOOBee, you see!

tambor198
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by jldjs:
I've been playing SHIV, v1.5 for about a month. I DL'd many single missions and patrols and enjoy them. But, I recently started playing Tambor's Single missions, in particular "Oil in the storm" and it continually CTDs as I attack the 3rd and 4th tankers. Being very new to this game, can someone suggest why these CTD's? I [play stock 1.5.



The original mission "Oil In The Storm" was made using two mods one being TMO v1.7 and the other was a mod called RSRDC which complimented TMO. That is the reason I suspect that the single mission is crashing on you. This mission as is is not meant to be played with the stock version of SHIV.

That being said if you follow the link I've provided below will take you to a place where you can download a game pack of a number of my missions (including "oil In The Storm") that have been converted so they will work with the stock version of the game. Be sure to read the information below the download before you install it.



tambor198's stock v1.5 mission pack (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1427)

jldjs
12-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the link Tambor198. You are right in that I had DL'd the missions for TMO,etc. I'm not "up to" the super mods yet but I want to thank you for providing so many missions for a new guy to learn on. You, and others, have made this game very enjoyable for me and others I'm sure. Thank you.

tambor198
12-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by jldjs:
Thanks for the link Tambor198. You are right in that I had DL'd the missions for TMO,etc. I'm not "up to" the super mods yet but I want to thank you for providing so many missions for a new guy to learn on. You, and others, have made this game very enjoyable for me and others I'm sure. Thank you.



You're welcome, jldjs. Glad you like the missions.


Happy New Year to you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jldjs
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Thought I'd pass this along to Tambor198. I've been playing your single missions and learning how to play this game because of your missions. I had not been able to play "Approaches to Singapore" because it would CTD at startup. So why am I telling you now? Because I am in the middle of playing this mission (stock)now. All I changed since before was to install the GFO 1.1 mod, and a few others like SCAF, TGT AOB DIAL FIX, MaxOptics.

tambor198
02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by jldjs:
Thought I'd pass this along to Tambor198. I've been playing your single missions and learning how to play this game because of your missions. I had not been able to play "Approaches to Singapore" because it would CTD at startup. So why am I telling you now? Because I am in the middle of playing this mission (stock)now. All I changed since before was to install the GFO 1.1 mod, and a few others like SCAF, TGT AOB DIAL FIX, MaxOptics.


Thanks for the head's up, jldjs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif