PDA

View Full Version : just patches vs adding mods question

Dingzoom
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm a newbie to SH3 I so far I have installed
SH3/1.4b (US DVD) store purchased...

I have also installed the "Improved" U-boat v1.01 and now v1.02.

the splash screen shows "Improved u-boat v1.02.
1.4b shows up in the bottom right of main screen.

all seems to be good except the water.

The event camera is to dark to see anything as well as the water itself is to dark to view under sea action.

I have tried to find a water mod to make the water like it was on just the orginal install...but I can't get any of them to work..

I have no idea where these files go into the game. there are no "readme" with the files that I have found and I know that I need to put them somewhere to work...where? I don't know!

does anyone have a link to a good water mod and also an idea where it goes so that it will work?

Or is it possible to put the games cd file back in over the Imporved u-boat v1.02 mod...

Or should I kill the mod & just stay with the regular game & only the 1.4b us dvd patch?

have tried several mods & have yet been able to figure out where any of them go.

I also tried the JSGME.exe Generic mod enabler v1.3.3.41 but I can't seem to get that right either...

Chrystine
11-10-2005, 09:43 PM

Hi Dingzoom,

You may appreciate and profit from seeing Kaleun€s Post €" <span class="ev_code_pink">Mod Guide€¦</span> (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/857101043/m/3031058373).

Very helpful walkthrough on the subject of Installing the JSGME &nd sundry Mods for the newly Commissioned Kapitans.

I think you may also wish to see this Thread (First Post, at-least) - <span class="ev_code_pink">Release 2.3 of SH3 Commander now available!</span> (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/857101043/m/2541006473).

SH3C is an exceptionally cool Utility to have and use for SH III Kapitans, & highly recommended.
Among it€s rather many features and options, you€ll also find it offers option to €˜tweak€ Water Opacity (although SH3C somewhat misleadingly calls it water density).

€œI have tried to find a water mod to make the water like it was on just the original install...but I can't get any of them to work..

I have no idea where these files go into the game. there are no "readme" with the files that I have found and I know that I need to put them somewhere to work...where? I don't know!

does anyone have a link to a good water mod and also an idea where it goes so that it will work?€

SH3C€s Water Density €˜tweaking€ option should go a long way in helping you find the ideal water opacity to satisfy your taste - &nd, it should easily work with / over any Water Mod you may have installed already.
I use it to further €˜tweak€ the opacity of Krillers Water Mod and it works like a fine Swiss watch (i.e. smooth & perfect reliability).

Which Mods to use or not-use is of course utterly subjective and varies User to User, but for how to install them & assure they will work when set up properly, Kaleun€s Post linked to above will give you a great start.

Should you have any further questions after that read, by all means €" fire-away.
There€s always plenty of help here€¦

Best, best of luck & good hunting . . .

~ C.