PDA

View Full Version : Spin, stall & co...

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 04:30 PM
(I'm playing the demo version 'cause I live in Europe)

Doing some aerobatics with both A10 and Mig29, I'm been disappointed for stall and spin simulation.
(I'm sure I've disabled the "Easy flight" option)
Also trying standard spin enter procedure (both nose up and orizontal), I can't enter the aircraft into a spin. I set a 70 degrees military power climb (no AB), I wait until airspeed decrease a lot, I hear "low speed" and "maximum angle of attack" warning, I apply full pressure on left (or right) pedal pulling back the yoke and cutting the throttle. Nothing appens. Aircraft doesnt' enter in a spin. Simply the nose drop, aircraft regain speed, and return in normal fly. With both A10 and Mig29.
I've never piloted an A10 in the real life, but I know for sure a little propeller plane or a soaring plane with the same manoeuver enter in a great spin, pushing opposite rudder is the only way to recover. I don't know what's the standard procedure to enter in a spin with an A 10 or a Mig29, but if someone don't explain me something, I'm a bit disappointed...

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 04:30 PM
(I'm playing the demo version 'cause I live in Europe)

Doing some aerobatics with both A10 and Mig29, I'm been disappointed for stall and spin simulation.
(I'm sure I've disabled the "Easy flight" option)
Also trying standard spin enter procedure (both nose up and orizontal), I can't enter the aircraft into a spin. I set a 70 degrees military power climb (no AB), I wait until airspeed decrease a lot, I hear "low speed" and "maximum angle of attack" warning, I apply full pressure on left (or right) pedal pulling back the yoke and cutting the throttle. Nothing appens. Aircraft doesnt' enter in a spin. Simply the nose drop, aircraft regain speed, and return in normal fly. With both A10 and Mig29.
I've never piloted an A10 in the real life, but I know for sure a little propeller plane or a soaring plane with the same manoeuver enter in a great spin, pushing opposite rudder is the only way to recover. I don't know what's the standard procedure to enter in a spin with an A 10 or a Mig29, but if someone don't explain me something, I'm a bit disappointed...

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Strange...I remember seeing that procedure done on TV (by someone in flight training) and I tried in Flanker 2, where
it worked as advertised. Not a flat spin either, but a nice spiral.

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Now I'm searching for any wrong settings into game options, but all seems ok for maximum realism. Theorically a supersonic jet like Mig29, without fly-by-light Flight Control System, MUST go into a spin easily! "Hi-Tech" aircrafts like F22 with an advanced computerized FCS dont fall into spins because the FCS avoid it, and avoid also over-G and Angle of Attack violations, but I think Mig29 (and A10) don't have a complex FCS because it's possible to exceed AoA and max G loads.
Tell me if there is a game settings that I can have left into "beginner" mode and prevent spins, or if spins model is different in final retail game.

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 05:58 PM
I seem to be very good at entering a flat spin! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.x-plane.org/users/12thiaptbone/amraam2.jpg