PDA

View Full Version : WHICH GR map best represents Ghost Recon?

BS PALADIN
03-22-2007, 08:36 AM
To me its caves from OGR. The first time i played it on SP i hated because unlike other shooters i couldnt figure out where i was getting shot from. That was yntil i switched to my sniper and saw the guy lying prone in some bushes beside a tree. That was a gaming relevation to me. From then on i was hooked.

I loved the way there were some many angles to consider and the great cover with the numerous trees and bushes. Absolutely fantastic map and to me its what best represents Ghost Recon. Outdoors forest environments. God id love if they made an update of this map.

TW_Night_Fox
03-22-2007, 08:44 AM
I think it was that farm level from OGR. I can't remember the name but you had to rescue pilots, clear a village and demo a crash site. I think it represents GR well. It combined stealth with team tactics and sometimes just full blown fire-fights. It was a different experiences every time I played it.

The runner up I think was that castle level from OGR were you had to sneak in and rescue the POWs. It was good for the same reasons as above.

Thanks
-Fox

xCraftySlyFoX
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, that farm map was good but if you look overall,

I go for, embassy, quary and some others

DoubleBogey
03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
ugh, Quarry is the exact opposite of the GR spirit. In GRAW2 I would list of course Embassy along with Station and Crash site as closest to the GR spirit.

Safrole
03-22-2007, 12:57 PM
What, no Monument Hill?

Paladin you should have done a poll with all 18 maps. I don't feel qualified to represent the "spirit", having only started on Summit Strike, but my favorite GRAW2 map is lagoon. Favorite one that I know is Old Town.

TheDeathgrip
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM
oil refinery from OGR

RawKryptonite
03-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Battle, GR2 (I think that's the right name, creek north and south, road east and west)
Mountain Falls, GR2SS
River Depot, GRAW
Crashsite (the darker one), GRAW2

Blackeclipseuk
03-22-2007, 04:23 PM
dam, has to be, spent hours continuously playing this map on gr2 co-op.

BS PALADIN
03-23-2007, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Safrole:
What, no Monument Hill?

Paladin you should have done a poll with all 18 maps. I don't feel qualified to represent the "spirit", having only started on Summit Strike, but my favorite GRAW2 map is lagoon. Favorite one that I know is Old Town.

You can pick a map from any GR game , even from jungle storm on the PS2 which did have some good maps as well. BTW the spirit is unique to each person. Its what they see in GR. Some people love CQC, others like stealth and recon and others like to mix it up. While i picked old skool CAVES i think crash site runs it a close second. But im a stealth player who likes to have a silent sniper so im gona love open big maps with loads of cover.

DoubleBogey
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I think maps that can be played in different ways have the true spirit of GR. Take Embassy, you can either go through the alley for CQC or you can hit the main street where snipers rule. A great GR map in my opinion, gives you options of how you like to play. Crash site is a good one where you can have success sniping from the hills, though the middle in the planes, or running on the edge to swing up behind people.

BS PALADIN
03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
GR VID (http://files.filefront.com//;7010614;;/)

This video of 3 GR maps ( caves/OGR lost convoy/GR2 peaks/GRSS ) represent what i feel is best about GR. Especially the first map CAVES.

SupC
03-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Wilderness or Airbase.

Perhaps Training even.

MoCrush
03-24-2007, 04:59 AM
That video brought back memories!!
vilneous (I think thats how you spell it)

ADOC420
03-24-2007, 04:50 PM
NIGHT DOCKS

SPQR Radical
03-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Swamps, Convoy, Embassy, Mountain Falls, and Hunting Lodge. Off the top of my head of course.

Maps that SHOULD never be considered Ghost Recon.

1. Polling Center
2. Island Village
3. Mines
4. Quarry
5. Pagoda
6. Penninsula
7. Outpost
8. Desert Gulch
9. Nowhere
10. Headquarters

iNs_PiZoDiGY
03-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Embassy, hands down. It was always the go-to map for online play for the PC. When GR first came out it was the "nowhere" of GRAW. If anyone played GR for PC back in the day, you know what I mean. MiN, DA,iDoL...ahh those were the days......Vilineus was one of my favorite maps as well, but that was only playing with Digital Anarchy (Cru,KM etc..)

iNs_PiZoDiGY
03-26-2007, 01:38 AM
if anyone on here remembers me, hit me up. I havent looked on these ubi sites for years..