PDA

View Full Version : About the game

Pagrimuha
11-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Sorry for my english...

I started playing this game. Passed the prologue and started a campaign for necromancers.
When I am using the dynastic weapons "Arahne" (3rd Level), there is a bonus on all of my units from weapons "Sword of Gryphon" (2nd Level).
Learned skill "heroism" and "massive heroism", but it does not work.
Raise troops in the city and the number of troops has fallen below zero.
What is it? I like the game, but I do not enjoy playing the game which is not completed.
I understand the difference between bugs and flaws of programming code.
And all of my examples is a flaws.
Why do not you check these documented features of the program before the stage of publication?(skills, weapons etc.)
I myself work as a programmer and I know that such things are checked first for the performance.
The developer has released the crude product or the publisher did not check the product on availability...It is not interested for me.
For today, I'm planning not to play for some time. But I still hope that the publisher and developer will finish this gorgeous game.

Mehcrim
11-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Well actually if you are undead then yes Heroism isn't supposed to work. Undead have no morale, they just obey commands so it would be silly to try inspire them. :P

Pagrimuha
11-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Mehcrim:
Well actually if you are undead then yes Heroism isn't supposed to work. Undead have no morale, they just obey commands so it would be silly to try inspire them. :P

So developers need to remove this skill from a tree of necromancy skills. Thus we avoid the problem of undue waste of skill points.

Sn1pa02
11-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Pagrimuha:

So developers need to remove this skill from a tree of necromancy skills. Thus we avoid the problem of undue waste of skill points.

you could want to hire other factions' units even if you are necro

Pagrimuha
11-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by tr3666:
you could want to hire other factions' units even if you are necro
In my opinion this is unjustified step along with the possibility of converting the cities and the formation on a blood way.
But in a pinch they could add a footnote to this skill.

Mist_Weaver
11-02-2011, 06:36 AM
It also gives a bonus to Luck and Damage. I'm not sure it's a skill I would ever bother with for a Necromancer, even an Ebon Knight, but it isn't completely useless.

Teknykk
11-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Aye, it could be handy at times if you had to use it...but it's not entirely useless for Necropolis.

There's probably far better options for them though, considering they only get half the benefit and that I personally use it for the extra turns on non-Necropolis more than the luck and damage bonus, the half they don't benefit from.

Pagrimuha
11-02-2011, 07:24 AM
In addition to "Heroism" and "Reinforcement" there is no more useful active skills not found.
How many good works Passive skills can only guess.
I do not want to test it, I do not pay money for it.

Mist_Weaver
11-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Err...

Most Necropolis units are slow. Rush, Mass Rush, and Warlord's Command all help get them where they need to be. Once they are there, they can be pumped up with Mass Stand Your Ground, giving them higher defence, a HP bonus (I think?) and an extra Retaliation. Opening a combat with Heroic Charge on your (large, by this point) stack of Ghouls, then triggering Cleave for a second action if they wiped out the target stack, can prove huge. Especially if you also have Rampage, because they then only need one more attack to gain a massive Might Power boost for the rest of the combat.

Ignor88
11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Necropolis, slow?
Can't all creatures cross the battlefield in only 2 turns?

Mist_Weaver
11-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Depending on whether you have Tactics, where they began, and so on, yes. However, Necropolis units aside from Ghouls have very poor initiative and movement rates compared to living troops, so they tend to act lower in the initiative order and may not get very far when it is their turn.

For instance, Vampires have a Move of 5, whereas virtually every other unit at that level is 7 or so.

Teknykk
11-02-2011, 08:08 AM
You'd think at least Vampires would have a high move to compliment their high initiative, considering all their lore about reflexes and speed.

I like their ability to teleport, but the distance is a bit...unrealistic to what they are.

The funny thing is, even with their flaws, Necropolis units can be some of the best. They have a strong setup, and low intiative can be a good thing at times believe it or not.

But yeah, if you're having trouble...anything that raises their initiative, speed, or defenses helps quite a lot.