PDA

View Full Version : Bad haircuts...

Pyra_FD
10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Okay, seriously, I've had some people screw up my hair in the past but NEVER this bad! I wanted 4 inches cut and some new layers added. She cut off like 8 inches and made my hair look like someone tried to learn hibachi on it. Someone tell me a bad haircut story so I don't feel so crappy... I need a boost.

Pyra_FD
10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Okay, seriously, I've had some people screw up my hair in the past but NEVER this bad! I wanted 4 inches cut and some new layers added. She cut off like 8 inches and made my hair look like someone tried to learn hibachi on it. Someone tell me a bad haircut story so I don't feel so crappy... I need a boost.

PacNW_CE
10-03-2007, 05:51 PM
One time, I let a friend cut my hair. He gave me a bowl cut that made my head look like a *different* head located on the male anatomy.

I was called *****head for about a month of my 16th year on the planet. I sort of perpetuated that nick name though.....someone may have been rubbing the back of my head, and I may have spit.

You are all right now just realizing how much you've missed me......

Jinx FD
10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Right before the last casting call I went to a new salon that cost a TON of money, and I told them I wanted my hair brownish with just a hint of red so it would glint in the sun. I came away with raspberry hair that cost me $300 and took months to fix.

Pyra_FD
10-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm just glad my haircut was only $30. I don't know if I could live through a $300-loss.

Mookel
10-03-2007, 06:07 PM
This thread reeks of: "Pix or it didn't happen".

The only time I've had this happen to me was when I was really young (hence no pix) and my parents told them to just trim it, and part it on the side. I ended up walking out with a flat-top, and the barber with a chewed-out ***.

seductivpancake
10-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Stab them for ever inch cut.

Mutton-Chops
10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I once went in to get some length cut off for a semi-long shag kinda do. A la this era bowie:
http://www.fest21.com/files/images/David%20Bowie.jpg
I even brought that photo in for a reference. What I left with was a floppy,parted to the side, hanging over one eye Emo mop.

NewCastleBrawlr
10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
when i joined the army they shaved off all my hair...and then charged me $5.75. what a rip.

ryanhodad
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
i dont think ive ever had a bad hair cut but i did get a lot of odd looks from people when i had my hair in 9 inch spikes (dyed blue) when i was in high school...and it was on purpose

ShadowSkullV5
10-03-2007, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewCastleBrawlr:
when i joined the army they shaved off all my hair...and then charged me $5.75. what a rip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!

MuttonChopYaz
10-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Nothing catastrophic. Just dissatisfied with a few of them. I've always had short hair, though.

Bruin122182
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Here's what I don't get about women's bad hair cuts: Given, they can't fix a mistake like cutting 4 extra inches off but with coloring and stuff why does the fairer sex just grin and bear it and shell out like $300 bucks for something they didn't ask for and looks bad for them? If they color it wrong why not make them fix it or say you aren't paying?

A girl I work with had her hair done wrong and she said she pretended she liked it so she wouldn't hurt the stylists feelings. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I usually just shave or buzz my hair so no bad hair cuts lately, although my freshman year I did have a bowl cut for a while. Don't know why I would want that, even back then. Yikes.

Snow471691741
10-03-2007, 08:37 PM
It is a very very bad idea to make your stylist mad. Girls have all sorts of ways to get back at other girls, not just guys.

I once had my hair dyed "flashy" pink because i thought it would look good because another customer did it. Gah, was i ever wrong. It looked good for about a day and it got me ALOT of attention because it stood out too much. I tried to wash it out but it took like a week before it washed out.

Heres a bit of advice before dying your hair. If you cant see yourself liking it for a month, dont do it.

ShadowSkullV5
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Blonde with pink streaks = HOT

On a girl of course. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Y_HELO_BEAR
10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryanhodad:
i dont think ive ever had a bad hair cut but i did get a lot of odd looks from people when i had my hair in 9 inch spikes (dyed blue) when i was in high school...and it was on purpose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o rly?

spiked and blue on purpose, you say?

ryanhodad
10-04-2007, 06:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y_HELO_BEAR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryanhodad:
i dont think ive ever had a bad hair cut but i did get a lot of odd looks from people when i had my hair in 9 inch spikes (dyed blue) when i was in high school...and it was on purpose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o rly?

spiked and blue on purpose, you say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive been looking for the pictures for a while now. they are probably still packed in a box from when i moved. as soon as i find it...i will post it

l337pino
10-04-2007, 06:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jinx FD:
Right before the last casting call I went to a new salon that cost a TON of money, and I told them I wanted my hair brownish with just a hint of red so it would glint in the sun. I came away with raspberry hair that cost me $300 and took months to fix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sweet jesus...that's like a whole Wii. And I thought the increase in the Great Clips price was bad when it hit $13-15. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Ninja_Raiden
10-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Most of my life has been one bad haircut after another - for years, I had a pageboy haircut. Slowly, that changed into a mass of hair; I was called Wolfman in grammar school, the equivalent of high school. Though that wasn't really a haircut... Then I had it all shaved off. Now I'm a bit wolfy again

Slickrick2345
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pyra_FD:
Okay, seriously, I've had some people screw up my hair in the past but NEVER this bad! I wanted 4 inches cut and some new layers added. She cut off like 8 inches and made my hair look like someone tried to learn hibachi on it. Someone tell me a bad haircut story so I don't feel so crappy... I need a boost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pics or it didnt happen

stonelance
10-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Pyra, are you sure you didn't get drunk and pass out in Mischief's hotel room? At least that would have saved you $30 and been more fun.

Brimtown
10-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Back when I was in college Army ROTC, we were getting our photos taken in our dress green uniforms. My hair was kinda shaggy at the time - a little too long for regulation. One of my buddies said he'd take care of it for me, so we went into a side room and he pulled out a trimmer and went to work. The resulting cut was just god-awful. It was so bad that when I went to the campus barber, they felt so sorry for me they gave me a free haircut.

moonsongv1
10-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I shaved my head one summer. Did it myself. Was real easy. Just take a razor and your done. It didn't turn out too good. I looked like a skinhead. Now I pay ten dollars for a cut. Gaurd # 3 and scissors. I've got grey hair flying all over the place so I look old and crotchety. I was bummed over my hair turning prematurely grey but then I read a study where women were polled. The survey was largely in favor of grey hair on men. Works for me. http://www.oecc.co.uk/images/silverfox.jpg

Pyra_FD
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I think Im just gonna keep my hair in a ponytail while these layers grow out. No pictures for joo. Sowwy.

purplepixie
10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Not a bad hair cut, but my hair was green for several weeks before I could be bothered to dye it again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Super Robot 7
10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
When they mess up with my hair I have them shave it all off and give me my money back.

Vashanime04
10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SuperRobot7:
When they mess up with my hair I have them shave it all off and give me my money back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I do the same thing since i like my haircuts short

Mis4tuneCookie
10-05-2007, 12:06 AM
One time, my hair was supposed to be colored dark brown but it came out black. It actually looked good...even my parents liked it. However, I have had my bangs cut too short on several occaisons. I wish I looked good without bangs... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

seppuku_FD
10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
aw, you can't tell us that and not show us some pics!!!

emlee
10-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I had a similar experience with the length I wanted off my hair last time it was cut.
I asked my mum to "trim the ends" and make it "tidy".
When I looked at the floor my chair was surrounded by heaps of hair and I actually cried about it, because I love long hair, and she'd cut about 5 or 6 inches off.

Pyra_FD
10-06-2007, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emlee:
I actually cried about it, because I love long hair, and she'd cut about 5 or 6 inches off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's me. Right there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Aya-saurus
10-06-2007, 02:30 PM
my friend was going to trim my hair.. I said don't cut it too short since my hair was already to my shoulders.... she took a chunk and cut it maybe 1/2 an inch from the scalp... luckily it was the back of my head.. I just stopped her then and had a sort of patch in the back of my head for a couple of months-_-'...I'm sure your haircut isn't that bad..

Snow471691741
10-06-2007, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emlee:
I had a similar experience with the length I wanted off my hair last time it was cut.
I asked my mum to "trim the ends" and make it "tidy".
When I looked at the floor my chair was surrounded by heaps of hair and I actually cried about it, because I love long hair, and she'd cut about 5 or 6 inches off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh... Thats why I prefer to have stylists who know their job and ask the right questions. Money is easy to replace, but not a bad hair day.