PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about movie making

Hurricane_320
02-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Hiya guys, I've never tried to make a movie before but i thought I'd give it a go. So here are some n00b questions for you all.

1. Is there a possibility to insert Microsoft Powerpoint Slideshows into a movie without using FRAPS to record it from on-screen? Using Fraps I'll have to cut the free-version FRAPS text away, causing some of the slideshow also to be cropped away.

2. Are there any good freeware video editors around (except for VitrtualDub and Windows movie maker)?

3. What resolution do you recommend for using in a movie?

4. Where would you recommend hosting it (free)?

As you can see I'm on a low budget called free.

Thanks for replies!

Hurricane_320
02-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Hiya guys, I've never tried to make a movie before but i thought I'd give it a go. So here are some n00b questions for you all.

1. Is there a possibility to insert Microsoft Powerpoint Slideshows into a movie without using FRAPS to record it from on-screen? Using Fraps I'll have to cut the free-version FRAPS text away, causing some of the slideshow also to be cropped away.

2. Are there any good freeware video editors around (except for VitrtualDub and Windows movie maker)?

4. Where would you recommend hosting it (free)?

As you can see I'm on a low budget called free.

Thanks for replies!

Tooz_69GIAP
02-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Check out the sticky at the top of the forum to see if there are any tools or utillities there you can use.

And the best place to upload your movie for the moment seems to be at netwings.org. They have about 80 movies hosted there at the moment.

STENKA_69.GIAP
02-16-2006, 04:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hurricane_320:
1. Is there a possibility to insert Microsoft Powerpoint Slideshows into a movie without using FRAPS to record it from on-screen? Using Fraps I'll have to cut the free-version FRAPS text away, causing some of the slideshow also to be cropped away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In powerpoint, when you save presentation save to JPEG format, that will give you a JPEG file for each slide - you can then incorporate these into the film, define duration and transitions in any half decent movie editor.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not that I've found and I spent ages looking. You can download Ulead Video Studio 9 for a 1 month free trial and that's an OK bit of easy to use software.

1 month is long enough to find out if you like making films

After that you either live with Windows MM or shell out 50+ Euros on editing software
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Record at the maximum you can get in free version Fraps - 800x600?

You can always reduce it at the end if you want to wheras if you record small and blow up size at end you lose quality.

Hurricane_320
02-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks, both of you!

That answered all my questions.

Maybe you'll see a new movie here in a month or so. . .