PDA

View Full Version : Static sound

evang3list_37
04-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Hello. Does anyone know how to fix a problem i have had it for all the splinter cell series. It's whenever i shoot the gun this annoying static come scares the **** out of me and then doesn't stop. Im wondering if i should just update my sound drivers, but if anyone knows how to fix it for Chaos theory please post. Or direct my to a topic that fixes this problem.

evang3list_37
04-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Hello. Does anyone know how to fix a problem i have had it for all the splinter cell series. It's whenever i shoot the gun this annoying static come scares the **** out of me and then doesn't stop. Im wondering if i should just update my sound drivers, but if anyone knows how to fix it for Chaos theory please post. Or direct my to a topic that fixes this problem.

Nurae
04-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Yea i've had the same problem with my SC games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

i would like to know a fix for it aswell..

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I have the same problem with all the SC games. After about 5 minutes it goes away but it is very annoying and yes scared the **** out of me to.

Thanks John

evang3list_37
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
And no one has a fix!!
I think ill just update my sound drivers

Roan0388
04-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Having the exact same issues. Someone please advise.

Jason-Alaska
04-02-2005, 09:58 PM
This could also be a video driver problem or a DirectX update is needed.

Try in the following order:
1.) updated sound driver
2.) Updated video driver
3.) Update your DirectX

As always scan disk and defrag. Good luck!

Roan0388
04-02-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm having no luck. Any suggestions?

The sound was fine on the demo. Something must have happened.

evang3list_37
04-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Well i got my sound drivers and it appears to be working now.

CAINE-SC
04-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Which soundcard you got? Because i have the same problems.

Roan0388
04-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Got a Soundblaster 5.1 Live!

C'mon. Let's get something official going here.

sevnrock
04-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I have SB Live! updated as well and it makes scary static noises! Happened for PandoraTomorrow too, help!

Risktakerperson
04-04-2005, 12:44 AM
SB Audigy Platinum.

Drivers up to date.

No problems what so ever.

evang3list_37
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Well i have the sound blaster live value and i got the driver update at http://ca.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp
drivers are at the bottom i got the uni pack because when i got the other i got some error.

SEECAMP106352
04-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I believe that the "white noise" or static sound or wtf ever u want 2 call it is caused by non EAX enhanced hd 24-bit sound compatability, for example anyone with a live 5.1 or older will have this problem. As for a solution, well the easiest thing would be to add an option to the sound menu allowing u 2 disable EAX support. The only other options are, either creative labs or red storm entertainment make a patch, however im not sure a patch could fix the incompatability of the older sound cards simply because they were made way before the new EAX enahnced hd technology was invented and therefore the game has no idea how to process that sound. I do know that if u lower the variables under the sounds menu it willl decrease the chance that it will happen, & the rarity when it does.

CAINE-SC
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SEECAMP106352:
I believe that the "white noise" or static sound or wtf ever u want 2 call it is caused by non EAX enhanced hd 24-bit sound compatability, for example anyone with a live 5.1 or older will have this problem. As for a solution, well the easiest thing would be to add an option to the sound menu allowing u 2 disable EAX support. The only other options are, either creative labs or red storm entertainment make a patch, however im not sure a patch could fix the incompatability of the older sound cards simply because they were made way before the new EAX enahnced hd technology was invented and therefore the game has no idea how to process that sound. I do know that if u lower the variables under the sounds menu it willl decrease the chance that it will happen, & the rarity when it does. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can i use EAX normally at other games with my SB Live! then? I think this is a specific game related problem.
If we only can get some official response to this subject would be great, especially so soon after a game release, communication with the DEV's is needed.

SEECAMP106352
04-05-2005, 04:26 PM
I dont no about other games but i do no that EAX is enviromental sound, & because the game is constantly checking for sound, & the fact that it is all high quality sound, means the problem would be more apparent. Besides i know other games support EAX enhanced hd 24-bit, but c which ones actually use & require it. Also i previoulsy said we have 2 wait 4 creative labs or red storm entertainment 2 make a patch, when i said that i took n2 accout all the patches that are current, & none of them address this specific problem with enviromental audio. ONe last thing, when i mention EAX enhanced hd, i mean 24-bit, which is EAX 3.0, however i do no that creative labs will soon if not alraedy release a audigy 4 pro. I only mention this becuase one very obvious solution would b 2 buy a new sound card as this woulsd defenitely solve the problem.

CAINE-SC
04-07-2005, 06:49 PM
*BUMP* OFFICIAL REPLY PLEASE, HOW TO FIX IT!

ajaden
04-07-2005, 09:07 PM
IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!! was this way on all of them with me too.. i got this:
Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
Creative SBLive! Gameport
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device and please make an easy fix as this is VERY ANNOYING and im not that techincal when it comes to whats what.. but know basic stuff...

CAINE-SC
04-08-2005, 08:43 AM
*BUMP* OFFICIAL REPLY PLEASE, HOW TO FIX IT!

ajaden
04-09-2005, 05:11 PM
BUMP

tanglebones1975
04-09-2005, 07:58 PM
if your drivers are already updated and WHQL logo'd, and you're running dx 9c....

try fiddling with the DARE.ini in your splintercell /system folder. reduce the number of channels to 32, try also to reduce the output frequency to 32000 (32 kHz).

it worked for me.

CAINE-SC
04-10-2005, 07:48 AM
First you got that static sound and now it's gone when you changed that in your DARE.ini?

CAINE-SC
04-11-2005, 04:33 PM
*BUMP* Come on DEV's!! Give us some answers, and not like "did you updated your sounddriver?" because that's not the problem. Also, other games work fine, so there must be something wrong elsewhere.

ajaden
04-11-2005, 11:57 PM
BUMP~~~~~~~~ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

CAINE-SC
04-12-2005, 04:34 PM
BUMP! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Jdawg8879
04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Im having this problem to it happens on the original splinter cell and on chaos theory.. i gonna have to uninstall it if i cant get fix.. i played thru once but want to play thru it again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
i tried the dare.ini and i dont think that helped eitha

CAINE-SC
04-14-2005, 06:57 AM
*bump*

Kaynos2005
04-14-2005, 08:16 AM
SAME PROBLEM !!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

And guess what my sound card is ? A SB Live !

Do we need to buy a "special" sound card with this game. The SB Live card is pretty common you know !

CAINE-SC
04-17-2005, 07:50 AM
*BUMP* Give us something!

scope2005
04-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Well i had problems on SP for SC1 and SC3 with my onboard sound.. it would go slow mo after a while on the first game.. then on SC3 i would be playing then id get slow mo.. static... THEN REBOOT!

So what did i do? i went out an bought a sound blaster live! 24-bit 7.1, from a name like creative you expect quality.. but what happened..

well the static in game game went away.. but when i played music i started getting screeching and pops.. then when i start the **** game, every one on my TS server is like ARRGGHH!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!

My mic goes static... and its happening IN EVERY GAME NOW.. id be better off with my onboard sound!

im no noob when it comes to hardware being a computer technician by trade, and after searching the internet for hours on end, inc. the creative website..

CREATIVE DONT SUPPORT THIS CARD WITH DRIVERS..

If you told them the card name they probably wouldnt know what you were talking about.

They have the worst customer service ever.. i found that the drivers are "experimental" and there are no drivers for them apart from what is on the disk that you get with the card and god knows how old they are.

Ive tried cracked audigy 2 drivers, alternative third party driver, and nothing supports the card..

I took my card back too, and the guy at the place did a few tests on it, and it didnt boot up properly for him..

So i get it replaced and i get the same thing... WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY..

NEVER BUY A LIVE! 24bit 7.1

tanglebones1975
04-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Scope2005:

I had the same exact problem with my onboard sound but I fixed it. I described the fix in a thread I created...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=954105331&m=8351082503

edit your DARE.ini file in your splinter cell /system directory and turn the channels and audio output frequency down.

Spaceplace
04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
All you have to do is turn down your sound Hardware acceleration. It fixed mine, might work for you.

(Click Start, Run type in DXdiag, choose sound, set Sound harware acceleration to NO ACCELERATION.)

Aasyranth1
07-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Turning down the hardware acceleration doesn't work for me. Unless it's all the way down, then I get static all the time. It's a sb live value! with no sound programs running, and updated drivers on EVERYTHING.