PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to copy over settings from one account to the other?

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering, I'm currently logged into windows as a user with administrator rights, but I don't regularly use administrator, just every once in a while to set things up.

Therefore, my administrator account is still basically the "factory" settings, which means all my "tweaks" and custom settings are not applied.

I was wondering if there is some kind of migration tool in Windows where I can copy over the settings from one account to the other account so I don't have to manually change everything on the administrator account just so I can start using it.

Thanks guys.

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering, I'm currently logged into windows as a user with administrator rights, but I don't regularly use administrator, just every once in a while to set things up.

Therefore, my administrator account is still basically the "factory" settings, which means all my "tweaks" and custom settings are not applied.

I was wondering if there is some kind of migration tool in Windows where I can copy over the settings from one account to the other account so I don't have to manually change everything on the administrator account just so I can start using it.

Thanks guys.

Gunny Highway
12-31-2004, 07:36 PM
There is a tool in Windows called Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

This will let you transfer settings from one Windows install to another, don't know if it will let you copy settings from one account to the other but it is something similar.

Start -> All Progrmas -> Accessories -> System Tools

You can read here about it:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/mgrtfset.mspx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This guide walks you through the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard, which eases the process of copying files and settings from your old computer to a new computer. It is intended for home users, small office users, or users in a "lightly managed" corporate environment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can probably find some more how-to on the wizard by searching for "transfer settings files" (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+transfer+settings+files&btnG=S%C3%B8g&lr=) or guide transfer settings files (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=guide+transfer+settings+files&btnG=S%C3%B8g&lr=)

ScrubberManFSJ
12-31-2004, 07:44 PM
ya, and since Demon is SO good at using google to find pro US stuff, you think he'd have known this......

Ya think.

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 09:25 PM
Another useless reply by scrub.

For your information, I already knew about this, and gunny, to answer the concern, no, it does not transfer settings from one account to the other, just files and settings from one computer to the other.

See scrub? If only you read the possible reasons why I didn't use this, perhaps your smart brain could have figured out why I haven't gone this route. Too bad so sad.

But I guess for scrub, the rule is: "if you don't have anything useful to say, say it really really loud."

Almost every reply by you now-a-days seem like complete waste of keystrokes to me, lol.

Oh, and BTW, I don't go to google to search for "pro US" stuff, since that would imply that I cite websites by journalists with subjective agendas. Instead, if the discussion is regarding a certain government agency, I would go to that agency, and others who collect statistics on them, and find the cold hard numbers and cite those. Why do you insist on letting journalists tell you what you should think? Why should you let the journalists look at the statistics and come to the "conclusion" for you? Isn't it much easier to cut out the middle-man and look at the hard numbers yourself? I guess sometimes the truth is too hard for people to see.

ScrubberManFSJ
12-31-2004, 10:14 PM
And yet, for every one liner that I do, you post 6 paragraphs of rebuttal.

Now who looks like an idiot.

Answer: You.

nagant_m44
01-01-2005, 02:21 AM
now before you call me a kiss *** or any other "colorful metaphor" can i ask you why you and demon always start flaming eachother for the most trivial reasons?

Demon_Mustang
01-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Maybe you're a slow typer, but those don't take me any time at all to type.

Not to mention, I was addressing gunny as well.

I just love seeing how you never have any counter-evidence for anything in your responses, just more smart-*** remarks. Way to keep up the tradition. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RMC.SBS
01-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Does this help Demon?
http://kb.indiana.edu/data/aidk.help

Demon_Mustang
01-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Hm, actually that seems to be a good link, thanks, I was asking because I thought Raven-Shield was griping that I wasn't playing under the administrator login, but I found out later it was only because of a certain type of adware I happened to be infected with at that moment. The game runs fine online under my normal account since it has administrative rights so everything is ok, but this will definitely come in handy if I decide to start just using the admin account, I'll bookmark it, thanks man.