PDA

View Full Version : Help playing Chaos Theory

kdsns
09-04-2006, 12:54 AM
yo. i really want to play sc3 but it wont work on my pc because i have a geforce4 mx. All the rest of my pc is fine, 2.4 ghz, 256 ram. I tryed running the splinter cell 3 demo with a program called 3d analyzer and i was able to get the game to actually start up. THe splash screen came up, and then the screen went black and all i could hear was the music. I couldn't see anything or do anything so i just had to restart my pc. Could someone tell me what settings i should use on 3d analyzer to get the game running or any other way i can do it??? I know alot of people have this problem so please help out thanks.

kdsns
09-04-2006, 12:54 AM
yo. i really want to play sc3 but it wont work on my pc because i have a geforce4 mx. All the rest of my pc is fine, 2.4 ghz, 256 ram. I tryed running the splinter cell 3 demo with a program called 3d analyzer and i was able to get the game to actually start up. THe splash screen came up, and then the screen went black and all i could hear was the music. I couldn't see anything or do anything so i just had to restart my pc. Could someone tell me what settings i should use on 3d analyzer to get the game running or any other way i can do it??? I know alot of people have this problem so please help out thanks.

cooldude6681
09-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Let me make this as clear as possible: You will never get Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (or Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow) to run on your GeForce 4 MX card. Ever. You must get a new graphics card to run SCCT. The problem is that SCCT and SCPT both require pixel shader support from the graphics card, and the GF 4 MX just doesn't have it. It is not something that can be downloaded or emulated.

kdsns
09-04-2006, 04:13 PM
No. ive seen people on here that have played both games using 3d analyze. you can emulate pixel shader, thats the whole point of the thread. If i wanted to go out and blow another 100 $ on a card then i would do that instead of coming here. No thanks.

jzorro
09-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Sorry, but a new card is the only way- unless you get it for a console. The 3D analyzer uses your processor to try to do the graphics card processing and for a game, that is more than your system can handle. The first bit is a video and is not using any pixel shading so that is why that part work. For the price of two games you could get a card that will work. Almost all games out now will require more than you have. You probably will want to improve the amount of memory you have too. Save your money. Or waste it on buying more games that won't work.

detonator3000
09-08-2006, 03:15 AM
I tried Splinter cell 3 with 3d analyze and never worked. There was no more remedy than change the card

For example I have heard Splinter Cell 2 launch with 3d analyze but only on the GF 4 mx 440 and mine was the 4000 so never worked either. Only POP SoT and Fable TLC with very horrible graphics