PDA

View Full Version : 8125

Pyra_FD
10-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm such a giddy girl right now cuz I got this new gadget that I've been going gaga over for a month. It arrived in the mail today from some Ebay person, this is my new phone (8125):

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devices/Emulators/Cing8125/

Woo! The Qwerty is so Pretty.

Pyra_FD
10-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm such a giddy girl right now cuz I got this new gadget that I've been going gaga over for a month. It arrived in the mail today from some Ebay person, this is my new phone (8125):

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devices/Emulators/Cing8125/

Woo! The Qwerty is so Pretty.

Loganissocool
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
It is okay.

stonelance
10-05-2007, 11:10 PM
I HHHHHAATE Cingular so bad after they screwed me over at the end of my last 2 year contract. Their customer service is atrocious.

Snow471691741
10-05-2007, 11:52 PM
What ever happened to keeping things like... simple? The 8125 must be horribly fragile. If i dropped a regular cellphone <CRY>, it wouldnt be too hard to replace. The 8125 looks very very expensive. Is there warranty? If there is do you have to ship it at your own expense?

Being able to access internet at anytime is great, but do you really really need it?

Pyra_FD
10-06-2007, 12:09 AM
If I could have an internet I.V. I would.

I've needed an upgrade for quite some time. Texting and web surfing on a Razr is a waste of human life, but now I feel like I'm on top of the world! Well... on top of the www.

stonelance
10-06-2007, 12:26 AM
An internet capable phone is definately nerdtastic. I love mine even thought I don't use it all that often. It is great for when you are sittng around and bored.

l337pino
10-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, so here's my phone:

http://www.puremobile.com/mmPUREMOBILEUSA/Images/nok3120lbm.jpg

It was the first phone that I ever got with a color display (that blew my mind). I'm pretty much content with being able to make calls, so I'm fine with this "brick."

MadamTampini
10-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Shiny. I'll stick with Helio!

http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/912/helio_ocean_zoom1.jpg

Yumm.

Super Robot 7
10-06-2007, 02:29 AM
My fingers are to big for those tiny buttons and touch screens. But still I've never owned a cellphone in my life and nor do I want to own one.

Loganissocool
10-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Being able to get online is radtastic.

My cousin has that Helio phone and it is rad but the software is too limiting.

Google maps on the phone is the coolest thing ever. Last night we were going to a restaurant but didn't have the number. Opened up google maps, typed in the type of restaurant it was, it found it, then i pressed one button to dial the number.

dropK1CK_ninJA
10-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Verizon is awesome service, but I hate the Razr phone. The buttons are hard to push. It freezes and its very very slow phone.

I want my old brick of a phone back.

Anyone else notice that not only are phone more fragile as they advance, but the vibrate function gets weaker. Now before you go all perverted on me, what I mean is you could have vibrate on and walk around and actually feel it vibrate. Now you have to have the phone within contact of your body to even KIND of feel it. Half the time I mistake the vibrate for a muslce twitch.

stonelance
10-06-2007, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SuperRobot7:
But still I've never owned a cellphone in my life and nor do I want to own one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A cellphone with texting abilities is required in order to get laid.

Loganissocool
10-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Ryan, wear tighter pants.

emp_wordsmith
10-06-2007, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dropK1CK_ninJA:
Verizon is awesome service, but I hate the Razr phone. The buttons are hard to push. It freezes and its very very slow phone.

I want my old brick of a phone back.

Anyone else notice that not only are phone more fragile as they advance, but the vibrate function gets weaker. Now before you go all perverted on me, what I mean is you could have vibrate on and walk around and actually feel it vibrate. Now you have to have the phone within contact of your body to even KIND of feel it. Half the time I mistake the vibrate for a muslce twitch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was about to contradict you on the quality of the RAZR until i read the part about vibration dying. Totally agree. I miss calls all the time in loud areas because i decide to put it on vibrate and never feel my phone go off.

Pyra_FD
10-06-2007, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loganissocool:
Ryan, wear tighter pants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha that might work.... might

theexpozay
10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Pyra,

I have the T-Mobile version of that phone. It is rad. The drop down keyboard rocks.

2 words, Pocket IRC. Down load it and install it. It is the best thing ever

A_Ninja_Boot
10-06-2007, 05:11 PM
That's a nice phone you have there. I had the 8525 version for a bit. I didn't like the size or Windows Mobile. How come you didn't get the new AT&T Tilt?

Pyra_FD
10-07-2007, 03:32 PM
The tilt = pfftt.

I like my new phone, it makes me feel connected, and that's almost as good as my wwwIV. My friend has the T-mobile version too, and when I saw his I did some research on getting my own (I actually like the Cingular one better because the keys are fatter and easier to use).

Mrs_Violence
10-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I &lt;3 Verizon. Nothing but good from them
So I just got the new envy.
Its MAAAAAAAAAD Sweet!

http://www.mobilewhack.com/images/imeg_lgvx9900_hofo-biggie.jpg

dropK1CK_ninJA
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pyra_FD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loganissocool:
Ryan, wear tighter pants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha that might work.... might </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only wear them for Josh for special occasions.

CreativePlug
10-08-2007, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Repl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
GAH! Stop with all the shinyness! My inner tech-geek is salivating! :P

Snow471691741
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CreativePlug:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Repl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
GAH! Stop with all the shinyness! My inner tech-geek is salivating! :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing is worse then a bf who loves cars. I mean the kind of guy who knows practically everything to know about brand, engine and what else is there is to know.

stonelance
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
WTF does that have to do with cell phones?

wearygamer
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
its a good phone. but i can do most of the stuff u can do on that on my krazr

Loganissocool
10-09-2007, 11:59 AM
So you can do pocket irc, google maps, have your email checked automatically, and look cool while doing it.

I DONT THINK SO GIRLFRIEND.

Pyra_FD
10-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Speaking of PocketIRC, thanks for ruining my life expo. I am now insanely obsessed with and addicted to it...

wearygamer
10-10-2007, 09:12 AM
So you can do pocket irc, google maps, have your email checked automatically, and look cool while doing it.

I DONT THINK SO GIRLFRIEND. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not pocket irc. i use jirc. but yes google maps, email and look good. exactly

Zackizle
10-10-2007, 11:39 AM
That phone rocks!
im stuck with a slvr for now, too cheap to go buy another phone. lol

theexpozay
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pyra_FD:
Speaking of PocketIRC, thanks for ruining my life expo. I am now insanely obsessed with and addicted to it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure
Anything to keep the action up in IRC!

wedgewu
10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I have the 8525 and it's awesome.

Pocket IRC is so ridiculously addictive.

Is the FD IRC still not on gamesurge?

theexpozay
10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
no we are not
we are on globalgamerscenter.net #fragdolls

Brofase
10-12-2007, 04:06 PM
L337Lauren's chat room is on Gamesurge, though!

#L337Lauren, your number one stop for all things L337Lauren! I can't get enough!

TexasMerQ
10-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah I agree on that the RAZR is **** once the battery declines to the point that the charge lasts an hour and a half. The 8125 is cool but the 8525 or the 8925 (Tilt) is better as far as features go. They also have UMTS/ HSPDA for broadband-like internet. I would have gotten one if I still had Cingular but after being with them 10 years they decided they didn't want my money anymore. We can call it bad customer service or whatever. So now I'm with Sprint (despite my need to fight stereotypes... LOL.) I have the Treo 755p which I like a lot but there are improvements that can and should be made on them.