PDA

View Full Version : Walking / Running Speed

bohunkus
04-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I like the game but would like it to have faster movement. I know it is tatical but it is just a little to slow. Do you think there is a way in the settings to speed up walking/run speeds. In an ini file or something. Mod it whatever?

Druac
04-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Walking and running are implemented very well, much more realistic than many games...sorry, I just don't agree.

skip2mylu
04-28-2006, 11:21 AM
I also think the walking is a little too slow..
So far in the demo I havnt been able to find a way to mod the walkspeed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

SealedSun
04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Running is perfect but walking seems a bit slow to me too... but maybe thats because I used to play UT2004 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

serval_____
04-28-2006, 12:32 PM
more life like.. does seem slowish to begin with.. coming straight out of bf2.. but hey this is no run about like a madman spraying`n prayin.. i like the change.. brings back the old gr1 feel if u ask me..

Desolator9
04-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I like the walking, running, and spriting in the orginal GR. I'm disappointed how there is only walking and running in GRAW.

seek-
04-28-2006, 01:04 PM
I think the speeds are ok but the walk and crouch slide amimation just look stupid.

Oak_Groove
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Movement speed is adequate imo, considering the setting - though i would prefer some different animations. The exception here are running anims of Ghost team, which are perhaps the best i`ve seen yet in a tactical shooter.

matheusdk
04-28-2006, 01:59 PM
this aint counterstrike or quake... theres nothing more to say.

if you feel graw makes you sleepy try swat 4

Yoo2
04-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Running and walking speeds are just fine, dont bother me at all. If you increased the walking speed then it would make the game to arcade-like. If your looking down your sights and moving at the same time in real life you will be very un-accurate, some games let players run and shoot at the same time, which is just an invite for arcade gamers.

AlwaysDead
04-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Walking and running speed are fine!
Looking forward to the full! Wanna play some multiplayer, it´s my geuss that the real whining about the movement speed is starting when all the "run´n gun" gung ho´s are getting clipped in the open!

BSR_RuGGBuTT
04-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Movement speeds are fine IMHO. I like them and the player movement and control.

DucusSumus
04-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Movement speeds are realistic, and GR is supposed to be realisitc. There is nothing wrong with them.

hidden_name
04-28-2006, 03:51 PM
yeah walk speed is too slow... hopefully they will change it, if not im sure someone will make a mod anyway for the more competitive gamers amoungst us cus atm this game isnt going to be massive online

shadowxavier
04-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Speed is good, but the animations could be toned down a bit.

AlphaDelta219
04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
if you think they are too slow you've never carried around 60lbs of equipment and a rifle. Most likely if you say you can you couldnt hit a target 50ft away.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
I shot semi pro for most of my adult life. Combat matches. The walking speed is perfect for taking accurate shots. It mimics real life well.

Desolator9
04-28-2006, 09:16 PM
LMAO you fan boys are so funny talking about things being realistic. I know I can damn well walk, run, and sprint in real life. It was even in the orginal GR. Why not GRAW?

Philipz
04-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I think they got it just right.

Genralburn
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Its fine to me I like it.

When i first loaded the game, it took like 20mins to get used to it.

blindplayer
04-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Desolator9:
LMAO you fan boys are so funny talking about things being realistic. I know I can damn well walk, run, and sprint in real life. It was even in the orginal GR. Why not GRAW?

LoL I think you're missing the point. No one's saying you can't walk, run, and sprint in real life, but when you're carrying around heavy equipment and trying to keep your weapon steady, it's better just to walk. Realism is what GR/R6 stand out from others and got me real into them, and I know one can only do so much to make it as realistic as possible without killing the game. I'm no expert in this, but I learn a lot from my roommate who's in the National Guard, and he said they've implemented tactics and stuff pretty well into this game, (though he gets irritated when I ask him to many questions about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) So, yes, I think the speeds are fine, and besides, why give the devs more stuff to worry about?

Desolator9
04-29-2006, 07:15 AM
This gets funnier and funnier. Trust me when I say its realistic to run faster. It doesn't matter how much wieght you are carring. When your under fire and need to get out asap, your going to haul *** no matter what to survive.

Bigshot01
04-29-2006, 07:37 AM
its not the run speed that bother me personally....its the walking speed i dont care for and wish was at a tiny bit faster paced...i never walk in this game unless i feel im about to encounter enemy.

It would be better at least if they provided a toggle key for the run command because right now there are just too many control commands for movement...keying all these damn moving and tactical commands while under pressure really makes for a very bulky and slow response type of experience...it needs to be streamlined badly.

SODsniper
04-29-2006, 07:45 AM
While I truly hate to keep making the comparisons, it's really hard NOT to.

You should see the walk speeds in Lockdown. The walk speed was as slow as mole's asses in January and the run speed was like a rabbit on the 'roids...

I think that GR:AW really got it right, but I also wish they had an ALWAYS RUN option.

matheusdk
04-29-2006, 08:56 AM
have you tried holding left shift down while running? im just curious be cause once some guy whined about his speakers not working and then he forgot to turn up the volume... maby this is a error 40 to?

error 40 = the thing thats 40cm away from the screen

SODsniper
04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by matheusdk:
have you tried holding left shift down while running? im just curious be cause once some guy whined about his speakers not working and then he forgot to turn up the volume... maby this is a error 40 to?

error 40 = the thing thats 40cm away from the screen

Oh yea, I mean, I can run.. But it would be nice to be able to run all the time without having to hold down a key..

Like the ALWAYS RUN option in RvS...

Desolator9
04-29-2006, 12:41 PM
...like the always run in GR.