PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Another X360 or PS3

S.a.S-Akbari
07-23-2007, 09:24 PM
So I finally cracked and want to buy a console.

Altough my question is, Should I buy a 360, Or a PS3 - PS3 doesn't seem to have that much games, But personally I've always been a Playstation fan.

Do you guys think it's worth the 600 $ investment and hoping it actually gets a few good games in the future or should I just buy a Xbox 360 ?

S.a.S-Akbari
07-23-2007, 09:24 PM
So I finally cracked and want to buy a console.

Altough my question is, Should I buy a 360, Or a PS3 - PS3 doesn't seem to have that much games, But personally I've always been a Playstation fan.

Do you guys think it's worth the 600 $ investment and hoping it actually gets a few good games in the future or should I just buy a Xbox 360 ?

GrImReApEr192
07-23-2007, 09:54 PM
360!!!
And trust me i even hate alot of microsoft products but the 360 pwns.
I might not be a good source though cause i never really like sony.
And 360 has really good online,that graphics look almost the same as the ps3,and we will have games like GTA IV,Mass Effect,and many others.
But the PS3 does have built in blue ray but that only matters if you have a high def tv,and you could just buy a hd dvd player for 200 more with the 360 and have about everything the ps3 includes for like the same price.

VTAssault
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
It depends, if you wish to play backwards compatible games on your PS3 then...

BUY ONE IMMEDIATLY.

If you dont care about that so much, or are willing to wait 8 months for the games on that system to really hit overdrive...I guess you could still buy one.

360 though has a good setup now, but does have some problems (the three red lights).

ROLNIK
07-23-2007, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you guys think it's worth the 600 $ investment and hoping it actually gets a few good games in the future </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
no

get a 360

CriminalOrigins
07-24-2007, 01:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTAssault:
360 though has a good setup now, but does have some problems (the three red lights). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 3 red lights are now covered by warrnty for 3 years, so that isn't a big deal anymore.

Persian_CATT
07-24-2007, 01:47 AM
I'd go with the PS3. Not only has the price dropped to $500 for the 60 GB version, but you just get so much more for your money than the Xbox 360. Plus, most of the 360's titles are available on the PC as well.

S.a.S-Akbari
07-24-2007, 05:02 AM
So what good games does PS 3 have now?

Persian_CATT
07-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Resistance, MotorStorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Armored Core 4, and Full Auto 2 are all solid titles. Heavenly Sword, Lair, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and Uncharted have all been announced at E3, and the final God of War will also be a PS3 exclusive. Unreal Tournament 3 will be exclusive to PS3 and PC for the first year, with the PS3 version supporting PC-made mods. The PS3 also shares several strong multiplatform games with the 360, such as R6 Vegas and FEAR.

Jason-Bourne223
07-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I own a PS3 and an Xbox 360. Buy an Xbox 360, I haven't bought a single game for the PS3 yet.

GrImReApEr192
07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
360.Costs less,and its just as fun.

ROLNIK
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
it's actually more fun

halo_99
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Three-Sixty
Three-Hundred and Sixty
Three Six Zero
Trois-soixante
Trois-cent soixante
Trois Six Zero

Seifer1921
07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
360 (this should be a poll)

halo_99
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
For Seifer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">360 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Sutcliffe43
07-24-2007, 02:31 PM
PS3. The backwards compatibility is excellent, it has some kickass games coming for it (they also come on 360) and exclusive games will start to drive up sales. Get one now while they have them avalaible.

JohnsHomegirl
07-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Both are awesome, it all comes down to which game linup sparks your interest the most. Look up some previews for upcoming games and see what suits your fancy. I wouldn't bank on opinions of others, you might get too many biased fanboy opinions. But then again... maybe not.

It all comes down to the games. Both have some sweet games coming up, the big thing is figuring out which games spark your interest the most.

ROLNIK
07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Halo_99:
Three-Sixty
Three-Hundred and Sixty
Three Six Zero
Trois-soixante
Trois-cent soixante
Trois Six Zero </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
trzysta sześćdziesiąt

GrImReApEr192
07-24-2007, 05:07 PM
360,backwards compatibility might not be that good but then again it is time to get into the next gen games rather then playing old xbox games.36000000000000 alll the way!!!!11

Atheist2012
07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
It depends: If you're one for all the Wi-fi and built-in Blu-ray player and media stuff, I'd get the PS3. Otherwise, the 360 is good with more exclusive games. If you're getting a 360, wait for the 65nm CPUs to come out--it might save you some trouble. The only thing I really favor in the PS3 is the large disc space;I'm worried that if this generation of games demands more space for its games, the 360 might have some trouble with its low-capacity DVD storage method.

Mornez
07-24-2007, 11:21 PM
get the 360. The ps3 is ****, unless you REALLY want to play MGS4. I mean i actually want to buy a ps3 just for that game.

Sutcliffe43
07-25-2007, 02:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mornez:
get the 360. The ps3 is ****, unless you REALLY want to play MGS4. I mean i actually want to buy a ps3 just for that game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post something that isn't fanboy trash.

S.a.S-Akbari
07-25-2007, 09:24 AM
The 360 does look good, But I like the PS3 Controller alot more, So I'll be getting it I think, Hoping alot of good games come out for it this year.

Persian_CATT
07-25-2007, 10:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mornez:
get the 360. The ps3 is ****, unless you REALLY want to play MGS4. I mean i actually want to buy a ps3 just for that game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks for proving that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

SABBATH7452
07-25-2007, 12:41 PM
i would get a 360 cayse in my opinion games get boring on a ps3 cause the controllers don't have vibration and the games get boring pretty quick the only problem i have hade with my 360 is the 3 flashing red lights

GrImReApEr192
07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Woah,buying a ps3 cause you like the controller better?thats the last thing i care about.

In a system i care about in oder from most important to least:
1.Gameplay
2.Graphics
3.Types of Games

Mornez
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Persian_CATT:
get the 360. The ps3 is ****, unless you REALLY want to play MGS4. I mean i actually want to buy a ps3 just for that game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks for proving that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what i am talking about considering i do work for the microsoft gaming company. The ps3 is **** and will continue to be ****..

Persian_CATT
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Right, I'm sure you're completely unbiased. Of course, I wouldn't trust the word of someone who works for the company that rushed an incomplete and flawed console to the market just to meet holiday demand. The PS3 runs quieter, cooler, and faster than the 360, even with an internal power supply. Cut the hyperbole.

Sutcliffe43
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Persian_CATT:
get the 360. The ps3 is ****, unless you REALLY want to play MGS4. I mean i actually want to buy a ps3 just for that game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks for proving that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what i am talking about considering i do work for the microsoft gaming company. The ps3 is **** and will continue to be ****.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are, quite possibly, the stupidest, most idiotic pathetic excuse for a sentinent being I have ever seen.

If you 'work' for Microsoft (which I seriously doubt, because you can barely type, let alone work for a multi-billion dollar company), then you will OBVIOUSLY think the 360 is better. Is called having a bias, moron.

Stealth_chill
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Xbox 360 definetly! Here is what is great about it.

Xbox live is phenominal.

Amazing games coming out for it

Some good games out for it now:

gears of war
rainbow six vegas
splinter cell double agent
crackdown
guitar hero II
The darkness
The bigs
overlord
Elder scrolls IV: oblivion
Ghost recon 2
Command and conquer 3: tiberium wars
Lost planet
Shadow run
crackdown
dead rising
Fear
saints row
call of duty 3
hitman blood money
prey
burn out
and more

Games coming out soon!!

splinter cell convictions
assassins creed
mass effect
Halo 3
too human
guitar hero III
Rockband
stranglehold
Bioshock
medal of honor: Airborne
Blue dragon
Blacksite area 51
Skate
PGR4
Grand theft auto IV
Half-life2 orange box
Tony hawk' proving ground
ACE combat
Timeshift
virtua fighter 5
call of duty 4: modern combat
and more
mercenaries 2: world in flames
Army of two
Brothers in arms hells highway
Kane & Lynch: dead men
WWE smackdown Vs. RAW 2008

Mornez
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sutcliffe43:

i know what i am talking about considering i do work for the microsoft gaming company. The ps3 is **** and will continue to be ****.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are, quite possibly, the stupidest, most idiotic pathetic excuse for a sentinent being I have ever seen.

If you 'work' for Microsoft (which I seriously doubt, because you can barely type, let alone work for a multi-billion dollar company), then you will OBVIOUSLY think the 360 is better. Is called having a bias, moron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you aren't bias? I've been working for Microsoft since xbox's orginal development. The PS3, while graphically better, offers nothing in it's gaming department. Please, cut the **** and stop being so ignorant.

Sutcliffe43
07-26-2007, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sutcliffe43:

If you 'work' for Microsoft (which I seriously doubt, because you can barely type, let alone work for a multi-billion dollar company), then you will OBVIOUSLY think the 360 is better. Is called having a bias, moron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you aren't bias? I've been working for Microsoft since xbox's orginal development. The PS3, while graphically better, offers nothing in it's gaming department. Please, cut the **** and stop being so ignorant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, so let's imagine you do actually work for them. That is a definite bias. How am I bias? I don't own either console and have never said one was better than the other. I simply stated that the PS3 may be the better choice due to free online, good backwards compatibility and a price drop.

Atheist2012
07-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I just like the PS3 because of its built-in Blu-Ray drive, because developers don't need to worry about beeing limited by the space on a standard DVD. I also like it because it seems overall sturdier; Sony didn't rush into the market--they took their time and included more built-in hardware. Say what you want about their games or whether the hardware is useful, but on some occasions, I just wish I had gotten a PS3 instead of an Xbox.

MKCC14
07-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Xbox 360 still has all the advantages over the PS3 and I see it to continue that way into the future. Games that are multi-platform on both systems are better on the Xbox 360. R6: Vegas is said to be a bit better on the X360 and even GTA4 will be as on the PS3 it is behind on development and X360 has said to be the complete experience of the game.

So, you can see most third-party devs are putting much focus on the Microsoft system other than the PS3. Except for a select few. It might continue this way into the future unless people start buying more PS3's.

Atheist2012
07-26-2007, 10:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
Xbox 360 still has all the advantages over the PS3 and I see it to continue that way into the future. Games that are multi-platform on both systems are better on the Xbox 360. R6: Vegas is said to be a bit better on the X360 and even GTA4 will be as on the PS3 it is behind on development and X360 has said to be the complete experience of the game.

So, you can see most third-party devs are putting much focus on the Microsoft system other than the PS3. Except for a select few. It might continue this way into the future unless people start buying more PS3's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to start an arguement but last I heard, the disc the 360 uses can hold about 8-9 GB of info. Do game developers need more space? Resistance for the PS3 takes up about 16 GB of space, so I'm not sure what takes up so much space in a game like that. If the Sony disc can store so much ifo, why don't developers use that space if they can in a sense hold two, for example, GTA 4 games on one disc?

I guess I can agree that overall, 360 versions of games seem to have more meat, so to speak. But I'm not sure why. With respect to the 360, the PS3 seems like an incredible piece of hardware that isn't being full appreciated by developers.

MKCC14
07-26-2007, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atheist2012:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:

So, you can see most third-party devs are putting much focus on the Microsoft system other than the PS3. Except for a select few. It might continue this way into the future unless people start buying more PS3's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to start an arguement but last I heard, the disc the 360 uses can hold about 8-9 GB of info. Do game developers need more space? Resistance for the PS3 takes up about 16 GB of space, so I'm not sure what takes up so much space in a game like that. If the Sony disc can store so much ifo, why don't developers use that space if they can in a sense hold two, for example, GTA 4 games on one disc?

I guess I can agree that overall, 360 versions of games seem to have more meat, so to speak. But I'm not sure why. With respect to the 360, the PS3 seems like an incredible piece of hardware that isn't being full appreciated by developers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No you not going to start an argument, only fanboys would do that here. Anyways, I know the PS3 has more power under that hood that devs are certainly not using(I think Kojima may be using it himself, though), but the 360 is the favorite right now. Between these 2 consoles, Wii not involved. Most people are buying the 360's and with the system in more households than the PS3 they would want to put the most effort into the already established system where they know they will make a profit. Is there any other real reason right now why the 360 would be getting the better GTA experience? Well maybe because Microsoft payed R* for that exclusive content.

But the PS3 is behind on development and everything that has been shown on the game is Xbox 360.

Atheist2012
07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Are you calling me a fanboy?

MKCC14
07-26-2007, 11:20 PM
No I am not.

Sutcliffe43
07-27-2007, 12:30 AM

Between these 2 consoles, Wii not involved.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying the Wii isn't a next gen console because it doesn't have the graphical power of a 360/PS3.

Ridiculous. I want to have fun gameplay not OMG MY CAR DOOR IN GTA 4 HAS AN INDIVIDUAL HANDLE SO MY CONSOLE WINS.