PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six after Vegas 2...

salafisquad
05-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Really, I hope that Ubisoft is just taking their sweet time and producing a beautiful Rainbow Six game for the NEXT-gen (not 360 or PS3 - those are NOW current-gen duh!) systems coming out. Rainbow Six is the ONLY military shooter that has really and truly revamped and improved itself over the years. Everyone is pining over Call of Duty MW and MW2, but in reality, how much have they REALLY changed the franchise? OK, fine sweet graphics - so what? OOOOoooo WOW!!! XP like an Role Playing Game, and perks depending on your level - well you know what folks? Ive been getting the same shyte on Combat Arms (an online FPS from Nexon, the makers of the more-popular-than-W.O.W.-MMORPG called MapleStory) minus the wicked graphics - (though for a downloadable online game, this Combat Arms takes the cake...)Anyways, I heard someone talk about revamping the 3rd person cover system with a peek/lean feature. Well, as an amateur programmer with game programming education, I assume that Ubisoft all ready thought of this, and did not include it because all though more realistic, it would be too complicated for the masses - (the reason everyone is so stoked on COD MW1 and 2 - I mean come the F--K on! All COD is, is a run-and-gun FPS with KILLER graphics, bitc-ing physics engine, and XP with perks. Basically a real-life Halo on crack or crystal meth. I mean, is there REALLY any INNOVATION in there? Even though the improvements in Rainbow were small from the previous titles to the Vegas titles, one thing is for sure, they IMPROVED the gameplay and concepts so much that it blew people away (read the old reviews). Thats whay they were saying about Rainbow in magazines. What were they saying about COD? They called a 9.5 out of 10 for what reason? "The BEST LOOKING shooter to date". "The best graphics you will find anywhere". or another one - "This one blows the competition away". Well, this sounds nothing more than hogwash that the motion picture industry throws in your face with every advertisement on TV with quick frames and flashy cuts with the 60 year old man with the deep gravely voice talking about how the flick is "critically acclaimed"...Guys, Rainbow has come a long way, and we should support Ubi in its mission to making better games for us. Yes we should speak our mind and let them know of their flaws, but just like if someone put you down all day and negatively critisised you, you would feel sluggish and unmotivated and you would lose your morale. This is the same with a company and its workers. Tell Ubi that you believe in them and even though they came a long way with Rainbow Vegas, but not with Vegas 2, that we all know that they can squash the competition with the next release if they put there hearts into it. Oh and about the peek/lean feature, Ubisoft, dont do it. Although a good idea, it is not feasible in a game for sales and playability (though some hardcore players like me that would rather have it MUCH HARDER as long as its more realistic would buy it anyday). Instead run away with the idea that was used in Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway where when the cover system is used, take away the reticle-aiming function. You had no reticle while in 3rd person cover in BinArms:HW and it added realism to the fact that you couldnt "pre-aim" by being able to free aim around the corners like that. That would be a fair balance. Or at least if no reticle is too much, then like make a delay on it so when you go into first person cover, the reticle doesnt show up until you stop aiming about, OR that the reticle comes on for a moment then disappears. Well, just something to consider. Finally, Rainbow fans, I wouldnt worry. I doubt Ubi will let Rainbow die, but I honestly think that though it sucks as far as not having anything new to play, they are waiting for the NEXT-GEN (again, not 360 or PS3) systems to come out...Who knows? it may just be a console release title!...Good Luck Ubisoft - listen to your customers and supporters, and Good Luck fellow Rainbows, Kill Hard or Die Trying!!!

if you wish to correspond, email me at yugioh_duelmaster at yahoo dot com...

salafisquad
05-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Really, I hope that Ubisoft is just taking their sweet time and producing a beautiful Rainbow Six game for the NEXT-gen (not 360 or PS3 - those are NOW current-gen duh!) systems coming out. Rainbow Six is the ONLY military shooter that has really and truly revamped and improved itself over the years. Everyone is pining over Call of Duty MW and MW2, but in reality, how much have they REALLY changed the franchise? OK, fine sweet graphics - so what? OOOOoooo WOW!!! XP like an Role Playing Game, and perks depending on your level - well you know what folks? Ive been getting the same shyte on Combat Arms (an online FPS from Nexon, the makers of the more-popular-than-W.O.W.-MMORPG called MapleStory) minus the wicked graphics - (though for a downloadable online game, this Combat Arms takes the cake...)Anyways, I heard someone talk about revamping the 3rd person cover system with a peek/lean feature. Well, as an amateur programmer with game programming education, I assume that Ubisoft all ready thought of this, and did not include it because all though more realistic, it would be too complicated for the masses - (the reason everyone is so stoked on COD MW1 and 2 - I mean come the F--K on! All COD is, is a run-and-gun FPS with KILLER graphics, bitc-ing physics engine, and XP with perks. Basically a real-life Halo on crack or crystal meth. I mean, is there REALLY any INNOVATION in there? Even though the improvements in Rainbow were small from the previous titles to the Vegas titles, one thing is for sure, they IMPROVED the gameplay and concepts so much that it blew people away (read the old reviews). Thats whay they were saying about Rainbow in magazines. What were they saying about COD? They called a 9.5 out of 10 for what reason? "The BEST LOOKING shooter to date". "The best graphics you will find anywhere". or another one - "This one blows the competition away". Well, this sounds nothing more than hogwash that the motion picture industry throws in your face with every advertisement on TV with quick frames and flashy cuts with the 60 year old man with the deep gravely voice talking about how the flick is "critically acclaimed"...Guys, Rainbow has come a long way, and we should support Ubi in its mission to making better games for us. Yes we should speak our mind and let them know of their flaws, but just like if someone put you down all day and negatively critisised you, you would feel sluggish and unmotivated and you would lose your morale. This is the same with a company and its workers. Tell Ubi that you believe in them and even though they came a long way with Rainbow Vegas, but not with Vegas 2, that we all know that they can squash the competition with the next release if they put there hearts into it. Oh and about the peek/lean feature, Ubisoft, dont do it. Although a good idea, it is not feasible in a game for sales and playability (though some hardcore players like me that would rather have it MUCH HARDER as long as its more realistic would buy it anyday). Instead run away with the idea that was used in Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway where when the cover system is used, take away the reticle-aiming function. You had no reticle while in 3rd person cover in BinArms:HW and it added realism to the fact that you couldnt "pre-aim" by being able to free aim around the corners like that. That would be a fair balance. Or at least if no reticle is too much, then like make a delay on it so when you go into first person cover, the reticle doesnt show up until you stop aiming about, OR that the reticle comes on for a moment then disappears. Well, just something to consider. Finally, Rainbow fans, I wouldnt worry. I doubt Ubi will let Rainbow die, but I honestly think that though it sucks as far as not having anything new to play, they are waiting for the NEXT-GEN (again, not 360 or PS3) systems to come out...Who knows? it may just be a console release title!...Good Luck Ubisoft - listen to your customers and supporters, and Good Luck fellow Rainbows, Kill Hard or Die Trying!!!

if you wish to correspond, email me at yugioh_duelmaster at yahoo dot com...