PDA

View Full Version : I would like to change my username

samuraiprogramm
03-19-2010, 10:27 PM
It is a very small change.

I am listed as Samuraiprogramm which is the first 15 characters of SamuraiProgrammer. I have been using that name ever since QUAKE 1.

When I set that up, I did not realize that I was limited to 15 characters. In those situations, I use SamuraiProgramr.

What would it take to change my userid from Samuraiprogramm to SamuraiProgramr?

Thanks

samuraiprogramm
03-19-2010, 10:27 PM
It is a very small change.

I am listed as Samuraiprogramm which is the first 15 characters of SamuraiProgrammer. I have been using that name ever since QUAKE 1.

When I set that up, I did not realize that I was limited to 15 characters. In those situations, I use SamuraiProgramr.

What would it take to change my userid from Samuraiprogramm to SamuraiProgramr?

Thanks

ms-kleaneasy
03-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Its not possible to change username on these forums. Your only option would be to create a new account, but if you do this you would need to notify us so we can close the old account as duplicates are not allowed.

samuraiprogramm
03-20-2010, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
Its not possible to change username on these forums. Your only option would be to create a new account, but if you do this you would need to notify us so we can close the old account as duplicates are not allowed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that answer. Will that process affect my login for Silent Hunter V? If so, how?

ms-kleaneasy
03-24-2010, 04:24 AM
As I understand it a forum suspension (which is what we would do to close access to the account) does not prevent play via Ubi.com. As a game can only be assigned to one account the duplicate account ruling applies solely to forum activity so your SH5 account would not be affected, although I'm not sure if you could change it to the new account and if so how.

Perhaps it might be wise to contact support before making a new account and clarify those questions with them before hand? I have no involvement in the way the Ubi.com accounts work so sadly can't answer them for you.