PDA

View Full Version : New problem?

X-Toxy
03-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Didn't see anyone post about this problem yet, but as I run Vista 64-bit that is expected and might very well be the problem at hand as well.

Anyway the game starts and seemed to run with no problems whatsoever at first.
When I get to the okhotsk level the game hangs loading the map and shows me a picture from the map while not loading anymore; However if I press alt-tab and re-open the gamewindow the map continues loading and I can load it doing this a few times over.

From there it ran smoothly again until the map where you're supposed to plant a bomb and I think start a fire at the same time on a boat. Cozumel right?
The same loading problem occured there but that wasn't it. Even after I got the visual and could start playing the picture stops like every 10-20 seconds or so. I can still continue playing though I don't see anything, and get myself shot or whatever; sounds don't disappear though the game stops, that's why I know that. Works for half a minute every time I go to windows but I just can't complete that map when it is that way.

Tried running in xp sp2 compatible mode which led to the *MUST CHECK* problem. Got around that with a bit of playing around but that led to the same problems explained above.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing!?

Really hope somebody can help me with this since it's really frustrating though I doubt I'll be able to fix it without switching my OS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

X-Toxy
03-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Didn't see anyone post about this problem yet, but as I run Vista 64-bit that is expected and might very well be the problem at hand as well.

Anyway the game starts and seemed to run with no problems whatsoever at first.
When I get to the okhotsk level the game hangs loading the map and shows me a picture from the map while not loading anymore; However if I press alt-tab and re-open the gamewindow the map continues loading and I can load it doing this a few times over.

From there it ran smoothly again until the map where you're supposed to plant a bomb and I think start a fire at the same time on a boat. Cozumel right?
The same loading problem occured there but that wasn't it. Even after I got the visual and could start playing the picture stops like every 10-20 seconds or so. I can still continue playing though I don't see anything, and get myself shot or whatever; sounds don't disappear though the game stops, that's why I know that. Works for half a minute every time I go to windows but I just can't complete that map when it is that way.

Tried running in xp sp2 compatible mode which led to the *MUST CHECK* problem. Got around that with a bit of playing around but that led to the same problems explained above.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing!?

Really hope somebody can help me with this since it's really frustrating though I doubt I'll be able to fix it without switching my OS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

X-Toxy
03-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Got this one fixed myself by changing from NVIDIAs 97.46 forceware to the new 100.65. Working perfectly on Vista x64 now! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif