PDA

View Full Version : Is it a lack of marketing on UbiSoft's part?

Kruelgor
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to return my copy back to GameStop when it finally arrives in my mail.

The 2 main reasons:

1. The online population is too small. Is this because of a lack of marketing?

2. The camera is limited to unit locations only. The excuse that this game is not a pc game and is a console game is offensive.

ArtillerySmoke
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Kruelgor:
I'm sorry, but I'm going to return my copy back to GameStop when it finally arrives in my mail.

The 2 main reasons:

1. The online population is too small. Is this because of a lack of marketing?

2. The camera is limited to unit locations only. The excuse that this game is not a pc game and is a console game is offensive.

Dude, I was telling you that the game was going to be unpopulated, ALL DAY yesterday. You were all gung ho about getting clan going and telling me nobody cares about Empire:TW lol.

Dude, Empire is the deal. Check out the Empire Total War vids on IGN.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/...nTrailer_102408.html (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/958390/empire-total-war/videos/ETWCampaignTrailer_102408.html)

There are like 20 that branch off from that. You don't really think there's a game out today that can compete with Empire do you? lol...it's leaps and bounds ahead of it's time.

Kruelgor
02-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I feel bad. I feel bad for the gamers and I feel bad for Ubisoft. I love RTS games and it's a shame games like this don't get more popularity. EndWar had a lot of potential, but something scared off the masses.

I'm now looking at Empire: Total War and Men of War.

You can download the open public beta for Men of War over at FilePlanet.com right now and see what you think. http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/men-of-war/

UbiSoft, I hope you're able to turn things around for EndWar. I think if you patch things up to please the PC crowd then you'll get some more sales. Best of luck to you. I'll keep an eye on you.

ArtillerySmoke
02-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I feel bad. I feel bad for the gamers and I feel bad for Ubisoft. I love RTS games and it's a shame games like this don't get more popularity. EndWar had a lot of potential, but something scared off the masses.

I'm now looking at Empire: Total War and Men of War.

You can download the open public beta for Men of War over at FilePlanet.com right now and see what you think. http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/men-of-war/

UbiSoft, I hope you're able to turn things around for EndWar. I think if you patch things up to please the PC crowd then you'll get some more sales. Best of luck to you. I'll keep an eye on you.

Keep using these forums, even if you're not going to play. Trust me - I'm not one of these "omgz it's new I have to have that" guys. Empire is going to be the biggest thing in this genre in YEARS.

Check those vids. I mean, as a fan of warfare - there's no way you won't drool.

PresFox_123
02-27-2009, 02:11 PM
i just got both, empire and endwar

endwar is good to spend time with untill empire is released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

also, this game is 2 days old and you are already complaining about lack of community??? some people try the SP mode first, some people buy t over the weekend, etc

ArtillerySmoke
02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PresFox_123:
i just got both, empire and endwar

endwar is good to spend time with untill empire is released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

also, this game is 2 days old and you are already complaining about lack of community??? some people try the SP mode first, some people buy t over the weekend, etc

Well, there's definitely going to be more people on Endwar than there is right now, but the same 10 people posting on the forums right now isn't a great sign.

Kruelgor
02-27-2009, 02:31 PM
The only concern I have about Empire: Total War is the fact that it really requires a super-computer to run it well and during these bad economic times many players quite simply don't have the super-computers anymore. That could severely hurt the online population for that particular game. The minimum required specs for Total War games have always been a joke and are not at all the true minimum reqs. This game has very thick brush and vegetation, heavy rains, etc. all which are going to put quite a burden or gamers' systems.

PresFox_123
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
luckily i have a beast of a system http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ArtillerySmoke
02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by PresFox_123:
luckily i have a beast of a system http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Same. I'll be able to max Empire.

Nobody has to worry about the requirements hurting sales. It's a hugely awaited title, with mass marketing behind it and a long established community that already exists.

It will easily be the most purchased RTS of this year. Easily.

Kruelgor
02-27-2009, 03:14 PM
It will easily be the most purchased RTS of this year. Easily.

Not so fast. StarCraft 2 is due for release later this year. It will sell more copies in its first month than ETW will over its lifetime.

ArtillerySmoke
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It will easily be the most purchased RTS of this year. Easily.

Not so fast. StarCraft 2 is due for release later this year. It will sell more copies in its first month than ETW will over its lifetime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) No guarantee that SC2 comes out this year.

2) I'm not positive that it will outsell Empire. It might actually be relatively close in sales for a while. I mean, TW has been going strong for ages. There's only been one SC. If Empire winds up being as good as it looks, I don't see any way on earth that it hasn't sold several million copies just by the holiday season. It will be a better game than SC2, plain and simple.

XeosCeleres
02-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I played the Total War demo on Steam, it was meh, animation wasn't that nice. Dawn of War 2 has alot more going for it, it is a great platform for alot more DLC.

Well, back on topic, looking at the statistics on Steam, and the activity on TOW: more people are getting into it. I hope this doesn't stop.

Kruelgor
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, back on topic, looking at the statistics on Steam, and the activity on TOW: more people are getting into it. I hope this doesn't stop.

That is good news. Where do you see that. Is there a link?

ArtillerySmoke
02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by XeosCeleres:
I played the Total War demo on Steam, it was meh, animation wasn't that nice. Dawn of War 2 has alot more going for it, it is a great platform for alot more DLC.

DoW2 is fantasy and not the same type of game as Total War. That and it's MP is broken until they patch it again, so - nothing's really going on with the DoW2 community either.

psychogandolf
02-27-2009, 05:24 PM
A couple quick things.

Empire is defintely going to be a good game. If it was not, they would have stopped making the series years ago. It will be wonderful. Furthermore, you do not need a beast of a system to run it (or at least that is what their site said). The requirements on the game (per the official site) are much less than what is required to run End War and I cant figure out why. I would think the opposite. When they list a 128mb Video Card as a requirement...most computers that are a few years old can run that.

Finally...as far as the number of posts go. I have got to believe that there are more than a handful of people playing this game on the PC. If you look at the topics in the PC forums, there have been 400+ views of some of the posts that have been made. It may be, like one fellow said...people are picking it up over the weekend...and/or playing the SC first. I know for a fact the guy I will be playing with has been doing that for 2 days now and has not even tried online. We will be on representing SPZ tonight... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. The more negative the posts are in the forums, the less people will want to buy and play. The game has its fair share of issues...but, it is not unplayable. It needs a good couple of hundred followers...so we can get some games. Talking up other games on this forum will only chase people away. Just my thoughts!

KambingHitam
02-27-2009, 09:46 PM
THANK YOU Psycho ! I havent bought mine yet but I have been keeping track on Endwar for a long time so the above average reviews do not scare me as i am already know people like the game ! plus PC gamer and some Italian mag gave it pretty good scores.

But all this negative talk about how dead or broken this game is, well its demoralising ! Make a another post and tell us who have not bought the game yet about how cool the game is, there are tactics involved, each faction is not clone copy of each other like WiC, infantry are cool etc etc, those kind of things. Stop the rot comrades !