PDA

View Full Version : Another load of usless questions!!!!!!!

dann2004
02-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Why are the devs only answering questions that everyone already has the answers for........I got one for ya ...will this game be riddled with QTEs for example the interegations look like theres too much going on.... you know where sam sticks the guys knife through his hand all,what i want to know is have you edited the videos so we dont see the QTEs just like lucas arts did with force unleasehd...every vid made it look like YOU where picking up the ATST and crushing it but when the game came out all it was ,was a QTE repeated over and over,you couldnt even see what you where doing because you had to keep looking at the bottom of the screen....Im only thinking this coz the video on xbl market place which is called coop trailer shows archer doing a M&E with no red arrows above the enemys head so its obviousley been edited to look more real...so what is it?....QTE hell or have you come up with a cool way to interact during these moments......because i dont expect ubi to answer this question ill ask one they can answer....er...err...ummm.......will sam fisher be able to errr...ummmm...run?????

JAHman28
02-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Quick-time-events are game ruining experiences.
I hope (and think)ubi knows this, 'cos I've never seen a game of theirs with QTEs.

dann2004
02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by JAHman28:
Quick-time-events are game ruining experiences.
I hope (and think)ubi knows this, 'cos I've never seen a game of theirs with QTEs. Yet?

TMW92
02-06-2010, 12:50 PM
The last Prince Of Persia had some quick time events.But I agree that the last answers are pretty useless.We already know them from the co-op interviews.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Found this from a gameplay demo review (where they actually play the game and review what they just played)

Like most triple-A sequels, Conviction comes with a list of new features and gameplay concepts. At the top of this list is the new 'mark' feature, which allows players to tag enemies in their line-of-sight using the shoulder buttons. Once marked, Sam will then kill-off these bad guys automatically without any interaction from the player, although there is one condition to this: players have to perform an action move before the 'mark' on each enemy turns red, which is when the one-hit kill spree can be initiated. These action moves might include, for example, getting in behind one of the marked enemies and taking them hostage to use as a meat shield. The icons above marked enemies will then turn red and clearing the room becomes the simple job of a button press, almost like a quick-time event without the blatant prompting.

It's certainly a solution to inject more pace and action into the stealth and, to this extent, it works for the most part. Conversely though, the feature does feel a little jarring at times. We understand why Ubisoft Montreal has made the action move a necessity before marked enemies can be dispatched (otherwise it would be far too easy) but the pacing is a touch schizophrenic as a result. On the one hand you're experiencing traditional stealth gameplay to hide in cover until an enemy comes around for you to take them hostage, but this is then immediately followed by all-out action. The blend is a touch awkward and we fear that the old fashioned action styling won't impress fans of run and gun gameplay, while the break in stealth tactics will annoy the purists as well. Even though it's attempting to please everyone, Conviction could end up annoying most.

Andre202
02-06-2010, 01:06 PM
There is it... could end up annoying. The features that are there to help the player in fact could be really getting annoying. But I don't know what the review means with "the pacing is a touch schizophrenic". Do they mean that it is to fast?
And it would be nice to have a link to read the full review. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jon_
02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
After watching a gameplay demo of Hunter mode I'm a little more optimistic. The person running the demo said that it's possible to go through the entire level with just hand to hand takedowns. Considering that the hunter mode enemies are randomly placed then I would think you'd be able to do so in the main game as well. I have hopes that ubisoft is just downplaying this fact because they want to show off their new gameplay mechanics.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Andre202:
There is it... could end up annoying. The features that are there to help the player in fact could be really getting annoying. But I don't know what the review means with "the pacing is a touch schizophrenic". Do they mean that it is to fast?
And it would be nice to have a link to read the full review. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A schizophrenic person is calm one minute then crazy the next . There's erratic behavior , I think that's what the writer is trying to say or emulate.

By being fast action one minute then slow stealth the next minute it's kind of erratic feeling or a imbalance of the two.

By trying to please both genre's; the action and stealth genre that maybe it comes off as erratic, at least it does to this reviewer who actually played the game.

I don't think the writer is talking about Sam himself .He's describing the feeling of gameplay mechanics.

LINK (http://www.totalvideogames.com/Splinter-Cell-Conviction/preview-14604.html)

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
02-06-2010, 01:17 PM

When someone/something is schizophrenic it implies that there is more than one personality tearing you in different directions, with confusing and disastrous results.

Andre202
02-06-2010, 01:27 PM
The review just gave me a Kick when I read the last sentence:

One problem that Splinter Cell Conviction may encounter when it comes to market later this year is that, by aiming to please both stealth enthusiasts and action fans in equal measure, it might end up diluting the experience for both factions. The option of choosing between action and stealth in a videogame is always a welcome one, but when the dynamics of both overlap and compromise each other, the result is rarely pretty.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-06-2010, 01:29 PM
The review just gave me a Kick when I read the last sentence:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One problem that Splinter Cell Conviction may encounter when it comes to market later this year is that, by aiming to please both stealth enthusiasts and action fans in equal measure, it might end up diluting the experience for both factions. The option of choosing between action and stealth in a videogame is always a welcome one, but when the dynamics of both overlap and compromise each other, the result is rarely pretty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I've used that quote many times , great way to explain it and this guy 'actually played a demo of the game'

MidwayWuzzupman
02-06-2010, 02:24 PM
this Hands-On worries me a lot. If this gets delayed again or I hear other similar complants I am withdrawing my pre-order and spending on something else. Maybe THAT was why they delayed SC:C again, to make the action and stealth flow less schizophrenic and more fluid. I want to watch live feed of SC:C before it comes out and if they say the same then I WILL cancel my pre-order and get something else instead http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Stealthgamer001
02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre202:

When someone/something is schizophrenic it implies that there is more than one personality tearing you in different directions, with confusing and disastrous results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't sound good. When playing Splinter Cell games, I like to avoid all engagements insertion to extraction. If I fail and end up having to neutralize a single enemy, I then change my tactics from ghost to ninja and silently wipe the rest of them out with strategic hand kills and headshots. I never liked to swing fluidly back and fourth.

savior2006
02-06-2010, 04:46 PM
If these previewers were true Splinter Cell fans they wouldn't have anything bad to say about the game. As a true-blue light sider it disgusts me that some people oppose CHAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNGE so much. This previewer should just wait-and-see regardless of whether or not he played the demo.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by savior2006:
If these previewers were true Splinter Cell fans they wouldn't have anything bad to say about the game. As a true-blue light sider it disgusts me that some people oppose CHAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNGE so much. This previewer should just wait-and-see regardless of whether or not he played the demo.

What are you smoking man? The guy interviewed Executive Producer, Alex Parizeau. And demoed the game.

Mr.E.Bear
02-06-2010, 05:11 PM

What's that? That noise!?

*Cups ear*

Oh! It's the point of a preview flying right over your head! Look at it go!

DeafAtheist
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM

I'm a light sider too, but I don't think the reviewer is being dishonest. The review isn't really negative either... not saying the game is bad, just pointing out a few questionable issues.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I have another link somewhere that's a little more favorable to the game.He also kinda rips the game a bit after he demoed the Malta level, but he closes the review with positive results.

It's kind of a light side / dark side review , both sides have glowing comments.

It's an earlier demo of the Malta demo but its pretty detailed and positive for the most part with some exceptions.

LINK (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3310-Splinter-Cell--Conviction-Hands-On---Pushing-the-Sandbox-Aspect-to-its-Limits.html)

Rease512
02-06-2010, 06:23 PM
That was a rather glowing endorsement from them. It excites me greatly to hear that the game has replayability. I'm a big fan of game slike Hitman where I can complete a single level multiple ways.

sammyboy1981
02-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Great catch, AGENTxxx47. That "preview" with the "schizo" comment is exactly what I had feared...that sneaking around to highlight a bunch of guys and then kill them with a glorified "button prompt" WOULD NOT be very fun. And it seems right too, in that it will aggrevate stealth fans and be useless to action fans.

Andre202
02-07-2010, 04:34 AM
They don't offer much for the action fans and not much for the stealth fans. Some Action Fans (commented in the internet) are also very sceptical and don't know what they should think about M&E and LKP.

Of course the most here in the forums highlighted the issue on the Stealth side of the game. Action was always there but the aiming was awkward. Now there is Stealth and Action mixed and you cannot really decide whether you play only Action or only Stealth or Stealth/Action mixed. These options were always there but they were fluid enough. Conviction is restricting depth in the gameplay, whether it is Stealth or Action. With Conviction I had the hope that the community gets bigger and not that at the end that the community is divided!

I am excited to see the reactions after Conviction and who will play it more then 2 years!

JAHman28
02-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Well, i'm gonna try to be stealthy, but when/if it fails, I'll know I have the ability to fight my way until I'm unseen again.

dann2004
02-07-2010, 08:54 AM
i wonder what will happen to the franchise if this fails?....I know loads will buy it but what if a month later the servers are dead coz lets be honest you could never get a coop game going on scct or scda(original xbox)to save ya life.

So many people said they love coop....so where were they all?

Andre202
02-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by dann2004:
i wonder what will happen to the franchise if this fails?....I know loads will buy it but what if a month later the servers are dead coz lets be honest you could never get a coop game going on scct or scda(original xbox)to save ya life.

So many people said they love coop....so where were they all?
There are still some guys plaing Coop. But as you said, I have the same worry this won't last long. It needs more depth.

sammyboy1981
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
* Will Sam be able to holster his weapon and execute bare-handed takedowns?
Yes, if you hold DOWN on the DPAD for 2 seconds Sam will holster his weapon. When his weapon is holstered all his attacks will be bare-handed.
What a great question. Basically, it's "Will Sam be able to do what he's been able to since the first game?". Imagine if the answer was "NO"?

I know they're trying to be careful with their answers and selections, but there are more probing Q's they could answer.

Mr.E.Bear
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
But that would defeat the purpose of the Forum!

We're not supposed to be privy to information that's actually worthwhile (See: 1 year silence) why tell your forums info for free when you can sell out to mass media sites like IGN?

Annoyingly, most of the Qs picked could be answered by most members of this Forum.

AGENTxxxxx47
02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
No matchmaking means if your up at 3am and want to get some co-op action you better pray one of your 100 friends is online.

*XBOX360

Aveelo
02-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by AGENTxxxxx47:
No matchmaking means if your up at 3am and want to get some co-op action you better pray one of your 100 friends is online.

*XBOX360

Jk? No matchmaking ?

xCHEEZUSxOWNS
02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I dont know about any of you guys but when playing the previous splinter cells, the shooting mechanic was HORRIBLE. If i was ever forced to shoot someone, the guns are not only inaccurate but are also horribly programmed...(by programmed i mean when your shooting someone the interaction between your bullets and the enemy was awful).

If convictions shooting is ANYTHING AT ALL like the old ones, it WILL DEFINITELY FAIL because it is almost revolving around shooting people...It will not provide for a fun experience for the people they are trying to impress.

sammyboy1981
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by xCHEEZUSxOWNS:
I dont know about any of you guys but when playing the previous splinter cells, the shooting mechanic was HORRIBLE. If i was ever forced to shoot someone, the guns are not only inaccurate but are also horribly programmed...(by programmed i mean when your shooting someone the interaction between your bullets and the enemy was awful).

If convictions shooting is ANYTHING AT ALL like the old ones, it WILL DEFINITELY FAIL because it is almost revolving around shooting people...It will not provide for a fun experience for the people they are trying to impress.

Actually, to me it looks exactly the same (when in shooting mode). M&E is of course smooth (like any context sensitive button prompt should be), but when Sam's firing freely (i.e. - YOU) it looks just as "fidgety". Especially when you're firing on the run, like in one of the Malta gameplay vids.

Does he remain in 3rd person now when you shoot (as opposed to oer-the-shoulder view)? I've only seen over-the-shoulder view in scenes with a hostage (meat shield)... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif