PDA

View Full Version : New Driver for Raedon 9000 ?

Cuprik
10-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Sorry. The ATI website isn't very helpful and I need an update to my driver cause it don't take long for background graphics to appear as one inch squares. Pretty big pixels. Yeesha tells me to take a picture and I look like i'm in a Star Trek holodeck with the program turned off.

Can someone point me to the right file? And the right url?

To emphasize: I've been to the ATI site again and again. I DON'T UNDERSTAND A WORD THERE. All this talk about Multimedia Centre and Catalyst? All I want is the driver for the Raedon 9000.

Windows XP
Raedon 9000

Cuprik
10-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Sorry. The ATI website isn't very helpful and I need an update to my driver cause it don't take long for background graphics to appear as one inch squares. Pretty big pixels. Yeesha tells me to take a picture and I look like i'm in a Star Trek holodeck with the program turned off.

Can someone point me to the right file? And the right url?

To emphasize: I've been to the ATI site again and again. I DON'T UNDERSTAND A WORD THERE. All this talk about Multimedia Centre and Catalyst? All I want is the driver for the Raedon 9000.

Windows XP
Raedon 9000

Relego
10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
You were in the right spot; CATALYST is the driver for ATI's Radeon series of cards. I think you€ll want to download the first option on the page (it includes the Display Driver, Control Panel and WDM Capture driver) if your on High Speed. If you are on dial-up you should only need to download the Display Driver and Control Panel from the Low Speed section (second grey table).

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=graphic&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=5&submit.y=6&submit=GO%21

Hope it works out.