PDA

View Full Version : Has haze been postponed?

Wii4Mii
09-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Someone told me that Haze has been postponed because of graphical issues. I haven't seen anything on the site, though. Has anyone who is connected to Haze (Ubi or Free Radical) made any mention of Haze being pushed back?

Wii4Mii
09-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Someone told me that Haze has been postponed because of graphical issues. I haven't seen anything on the site, though. Has anyone who is connected to Haze (Ubi or Free Radical) made any mention of Haze being pushed back?

Franciscus1988
09-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I haven't heard anything about the PS3 version being cancelled or whatever.

mornelithe
09-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Same, I've seen and heard nothing to lead me to that conclusion.

deded999
09-23-2007, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wii4Mii:
Someone told me that Haze has been postponed because of graphical issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone? Who, your mate who works 'in the industry'? No offence, but you should say who told you firstly. Secondly there's been no hint of this anywhere else so I think it's safe to say your source is unreliable, for the moment anyway...

As long as FRD have the resources to be able to finish the game for the PS3, (no multiple versions anymore), and this year, then I don't see any reason why they would delay it, especially as Unreal 3 has been mooted as being delayed, or at least coming out late this year. That would leave Haze as the only exclusive shooter on the PS3 in 07, not an unenviable position, despite all the other multi-format shooters coming in 2007.

As for graphical issues, have you seen the game? A few dodgy screenshots do not mean the game looks bad, and every other indication, including other screens, played previews from multiple sites and actual video would suggest otherwise. Your friend doesn't own a 360 by any chance? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

sorry_no_CODs
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Doubtful. FRD said they're basically spending the next few months up until the hopeful November release date balancing multiplayer. In a recent blog over at IGN they said the last few bits of audio are being placed in the game as well.

With all these other delays I think this holiday is a good time for Haze to strike. However, it's still not getting anything in terms of marketing and attention. It's going to be up to the fans to push this title I think.

Toad17
09-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I heard that they canceled the internet. That's right. The entire internet. True story. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

mornelithe
09-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Rofl Toad...

CreepyUncle
09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Making a rubbish sacracstic joke about the internet being cancelled and then posting it on ............the internet. This is either the work of a genius or a cretin. There is a fine line between genius and cretinism. I don't think haze has been delayed in fact its starting to look as though haze may well be the only game to actually be released on the ps3 for the next 6 months. Part of the exclusivity deal with sony must include sony delaying every other game including Home so that haze can rack up the sales kerching.

deded999
09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Home isn't a game. And you could have Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII and Resident Evil 5 right now, if you don't mind them being unfinished and unplayable. AFAIK there's actually very few games being delayed, and most of them are multi-format anyway, like BIA:HH, (bummer, I was looking forward to that one), Mercenaries 2 and Burnout.

This kind of stuff always happens at this time of year, just as well too, or plenty of titles would sell nothing at all as they are swamped by the competition. I wrote down a list of titles I want this Christmas and it topped twenty games! Needless to say there's some pruning to do. Even then I won't probably end up playing some of them as much as I would want to.

BTW, I laughed at the joke. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Wii4Mii
09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deded999:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wii4Mii:
Someone told me that Haze has been postponed because of graphical issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone? Who, your mate who works 'in the industry'? No offence, but you should say who told you firstly. Secondly there's been no hint of this anywhere else so I think it's safe to say your source is unreliable, for the moment anyway...

As long as FRD have the resources to be able to finish the game for the PS3, (no multiple versions anymore), and this year, then I don't see any reason why they would delay it, especially as Unreal 3 has been mooted as being delayed, or at least coming out late this year. That would leave Haze as the only exclusive shooter on the PS3 in 07, not an unenviable position, despite all the other multi-format shooters coming in 2007.

As for graphical issues, have you seen the game? A few dodgy screenshots do not mean the game looks bad, and every other indication, including other screens, played previews from multiple sites and actual video would suggest otherwise. Your friend doesn't own a 360 by any chance? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, I see nothing wrong with the game graphically. The guy who told me was on Gaiaonline, but the reason I asked you guys was because I didn't think he was reliable on the first place.

Haze so far is shaping up to be an awesome game.

mornelithe
09-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Dunno 'bout Gaiaonline folks, but I'm pretty sure some of the folks from FRD are still snooping around in here, so I'm sure they'd give us _some_ kind of heads up.

Morne