PDA

View Full Version : 3rd person cheats.

h.g.willetts
06-22-2006, 10:04 AM
i always use 1st person view (looking through my players eyes, not from 5 meters behinf their head). Now camping is annoying enough, but it's really stupid how you can hide behind a rock to see when people are comming, yet you are completley invisible to them and no part of your body is showing from behind the rock.

I realise 3rd person looks quite cool, but i think the camera needs a bit of tweaking so this glitch cant be explioted as much!

domino1879
06-22-2006, 10:25 AM
this complaint was made about a year and a half ago.

if you're so worried about it, host a room, and force first-person view. you can do that ya know.

texasironhorse
06-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I totally agree...I wish it was first person view only for Ghost Recon, just like it used to be. It took alot more skill and quick reaction in the older recons. Now its all about the 3rd person peek and 3rd person camping. Maybe thats the reason why i could play GR for 10 hours straight...because it was much more challenging back in the old recon days. You never knew what was around the corner. Now u just angle your camera around the corner and say to yourself...this guy is dead. Not much of a challenge if you ask me.

DoubleBogey
06-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Exactly. Unfortunately 90% of the people out there prefer to play this junk. And you can't compete against it if you're in 1st person. I know they added the 3rd person to get socom players to buy the game but it's really changed the game into a very unrealistic game. Of over 100 matches we've played I think we've played 1st person matches 2 times and the game is so awesome that way.

Just hoping at some point more people will realize this and start a 1st person only league. But yeah hopefully in future GR games they tweak the camera at least where the camera zooms way in when someone's close to an object to prevent looking over or around without exposing yourself.

Safrole
06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
It's actually called "remote viewing". A clairvoyant person can actually see outside their own body. This is just being approximated by the invisible camera.

Most people may not know it, but Lt. Pete Mitchell was actually born with a little 666 on his skull and is the unholy son of a union between Lucifer and Maggie Thatcher. This is why he can see around corners. You guys complain too much. This is all very believable stuff.

Quaagmire
06-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Not to bash Ubi, but I think the deception of having gun models in 1st person on the 360 version of GRAW is what really pissed everyone off. It's cool to look through the eyes of your soldier, but where the hell is his gun? Are those bullets coming out of his mouth?!

I can assure you that if gun models were brought to the Xbox 360 version of GRAW that many hosts would assign 1st person only.

The only fear now to host 1st person only rooms is that people will be unhappy with your style of gameplay and simply leave. We need to unite as 1st person players and frag TOGETHER!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

My GT is "Quagmire UEO" and anyone looking for a good FP room should add me and we'll play some time.