PDA

View Full Version : Red vs. Blue

Lord_Kruton
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Has anybody who plays coop noticed that the blue spy (the host of the game) always gets the better end of the deal in terms of equipment? The red spy (guest of the game) usually doesn't get any sticky shockers or airfoil rounds; just a whole crapload of sticky cameras and some throwable grenades. Don't get me wrong, I love sticky cameras, but I love sticky shockers and airfoil rounds too. I know that the red spy gets throwable grenades (flashes, smokes, frags, etc.) while the blue spy usually doesn't, but IMO this is not a good replacement for sticky shockers and airfoil rounds.

I think if they release a patch they should even up the equipment selection more. What do you think?

Lord_Kruton
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Has anybody who plays coop noticed that the blue spy (the host of the game) always gets the better end of the deal in terms of equipment? The red spy (guest of the game) usually doesn't get any sticky shockers or airfoil rounds; just a whole crapload of sticky cameras and some throwable grenades. Don't get me wrong, I love sticky cameras, but I love sticky shockers and airfoil rounds too. I know that the red spy gets throwable grenades (flashes, smokes, frags, etc.) while the blue spy usually doesn't, but IMO this is not a good replacement for sticky shockers and airfoil rounds.

I think if they release a patch they should even up the equipment selection more. What do you think?

Orange-Visor
05-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Yah, that's why I play Versus.

Epicurus_13
05-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I have to say that I've never noticed the difference - I tend to be pretty clumsy with special items like that, so I usually just forget all about ranged attacks. But I see your point - maybe they could give give the red spy even MORE throwables and cams, in order to make them equal but still different?

Plus, you can always just trade in-game...

HardToExist
05-19-2005, 04:14 PM
All you have to do is share equipment and you and your teammate will each get all the items. Problem solved...

rikakiah
05-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Still would've been nice to select loadout before the mission starts. Even getting to choose who gets which loadout. However, I really think they should have the sum of both loadouts on a screen and the two spies decide what they personally want to take. For example, say the current system has Spy1 with 4 shockers, Spy2 with 1. There are now 5 shockers available and the spies can decide how they divide them up...

Epicurus_13
05-19-2005, 11:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rikakiah:
Still would've been nice to select loadout before the mission starts. Even getting to choose who gets which loadout. However, I really think they should have the sum of both loadouts on a screen and the two spies decide what they personally want to take. For example, say the current system has Spy1 with 4 shockers, Spy2 with 1. There are now 5 shockers available and the spies can decide how they divide them up... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be tricky - what if both player wanted to have three shockers? Maybe an alternating choice of gear, with first pick going to the agent with the highest ranking on the previous mission. SO Spy A takes a sticky shocker, SPy B takes a Sticky Cam, Spy A takes a Frag grenade, Spy B takes an Airfoil, and so on until nothing's left. Actually, forget that, it'll take too long. Maybe the items should be grouped in pairs at a time.

rikakiah
05-19-2005, 11:30 PM
True. Would be nice to have the option for specific selection for the teams that can actually get along and work together, though.

Lord_Kruton
05-20-2005, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> All you have to do is share equipment and you and your teammate will each get all the items. Problem solved...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always share equipment when I'm the host, and usually other hosts are willing to do it. It's not like the limited equipment for the red spy makes coop less fun - coop is a blast for me no matter what spy I play as (except for those stupid disconnects http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) I just don't see why the red spy gets such a limited amount of equipment compared to the blue spy. I know Ubi intended to make the equipment set up different in order for partners to work together better, but I just think that the red-spy exclusive gadgets (throwable grenades) aren't very useful compared to the blue spy, as he gets all the good SC-20K gadgets - sticky shockers, airfoil rounds, gas grenades, etc., whereas the red spy doesn't. If they could just give the red spy an extra SC-20K gadget, like gas grenades, the equipment setup would be perfect.

If all else fails, you can always just run up and knee them in the groin... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Epicurus_13
05-20-2005, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lord_Kruton:

If all else fails, you can always just run up and knee them in the groin... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's what I do...

black ops freak
05-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I wish we could've gotten the shotgun attachment for co-op, but I guess that wouldn't be fair to the stealth people who play the game.
Stealth Freak: Shhhh! Enemy aproaching!
Rambo Wannabe: Roger!
SF: I'll sneak up behind him in three...two...one...
RW: BLAM! BLAM BLAM!
Lambert: That was 10 alarms! Do you people even consider yourselves spies??!

Epicurus_13
05-20-2005, 09:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by black ops freak:
I wish we could've gotten the shotgun attachment for co-op, but I guess that wouldn't be fair to the stealth people who play the game.
Stealth Freak: Shhhh! Enemy aproaching!
Rambo Wannabe: Roger!
SF: I'll sneak up behind him in three...two...one...
RW: BLAM! BLAM BLAM!
Lambert: That was 10 alarms! Do you people even consider yourselves spies??! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sol!

(Smiled Out Loud)

rikakiah
05-21-2005, 02:02 AM
I can understand not having the shotgun or sniper attachments allowed for coop (would be nice occaisionally, but you can't make it TOO easy...). However, I think they should've kept the foregrip in there. Sure, it's not overly useful, but given that the ability to switch attachments is one of the big new features in the game, they should've let coop players keep at least a taste of it. Besides, in the cases where you (or your partner) do screw up, it does help the rifle be more effective for follow-up shots...

Afroman33
05-21-2005, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sol!

(Smiled Out Loud)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> Lolrofllolrofl http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif goodone

Lord_Kruton
05-23-2005, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lambert: That was 10 alarms! Do you people even consider yourselves spies??! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny how Lambert never yells at the coop spies for setting off alarms when he yells at Sam all the time. The whole attachment thing too, which is why my friend and I think the coop spies are "special" spies, if you know what I mean... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BiG_FaT_SpErM
05-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Maybe Fisher is used to getting shouted at whereas the COOP spies, Lambert doesnt want to lower their self esteem

Lord_Kruton
05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Maybe Fisher is used to getting shouted at whereas the COOP spies, Lambert doesnt want to lower their self esteem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
...which is exactly why they're "special" spies...

FN57
05-23-2005, 06:44 PM
The blue spy is suppose to be the 'Stealth' setting spy while the red spy is the Assault Setting...or at least thats what i've gathered...

rikakiah
05-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah, but if one's going "assualt", it kind of defeats the purpose of the other being stealthy, in most cases, no? I see the point of the balance, but it doesn't really hold water in a practical situation. Unless you create assault situations every time, the assault spy is going to be much less useful and therefore much less entertained... Sharing equipment is simply a lousy fix for this--and becomes annoying when you HAVE to do it every single mission, just so the second spy has something he can help with.

Why not just make it so you can choose either a stealth OR assault loadout for both spies (ie one choice--both spies go stealth, OR both go assualt). Then, mix the gadgets up in that setup. Stealth spy 1 gets launchables (cams, shockers, air foils), stealth spy 2 gets smoke and flashbangs, and gas grenades (perhaps 1 cam). Also, throw in the foregrip. Assualt spy 1 gets the launcher/shotgun and some other stuff, assualt spy 2 gets the launcher/sniper attatchment and a different mix of other stuff (frags, cams, smoke, flashbangs all being possible options in some quantities). That way, it's a useable balance and both spies get to work together towards the same goal (stealth or assualt).

Derwen_Llewelyn
05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
I like the "equipmentlayout" in coop.
the host spy is the stealthty one and the joined spy is the assault "agressive" one.

When i play splinter cell i'm playing agressive.
It doesent means i'm shooting ppl. no.
I never use stickycams, airfoilrounds, stickyshockers.
(i dont need them, and i never used them in the previous SC games..)
But i'm useing smoke, flashgrenades very often and fraggrenades if i'm in that mood.
I love sneaking, shooting lights, and take them out all one by one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
(and i luve those red goggles..*sigh* it looks sooooo evil.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)

Anyhoo you can share your stuff with your partner if you need, or if you wanna give something.

rikakiah
05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Right, but my point is, if one spy is going aggressive, the other is either REQUIRED to cover his back, or else he's gonna be sitting back with nothing to do (no guards to worry about, etc). On the reverse, if the stealth spy is doing his thing, the aggressive one is then forced to support him or blow his buddy's cover.

Both spies should go with some combination of stealth gadgets OR some combination of assault gadgets--then they both can support the other in the same style of mission.