PDA

View Full Version : Fixes in Chessmaster 11

KHollister
09-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Okay, there's been a lot of information on the new features in Chessmaster 11... but is there any information on what bugs from Chessmaster 10 that have been fixed?

For instance:

1. Will this version be playable without a CD (I know there's a patch for Chessmaster 10, but it would be nice if Chessmaster 11 would have this feature right out of the box.)

2. Has Game.exe been optimized so that it doesn't consume 100% CPU? This is very irritating, especially on notebook computers.

3. Has the freezing issue with TheKing.exe been corrected?

4. Will all chess sets/boards be available, without having to edit the INI file?

5. Have the issues with playing online been corrected?

Not that I don't expect some bugs -- but I would at least like to see some progress. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gdalpha7
10-21-2007, 10:18 PM
1. Will this version be playable without a CD (I know there's a patch for Chessmaster 10, but it would be nice if Chessmaster 11 would have this feature right out of the box.)

My best guess would be most likely. I mean with the 1.03 patch for CMX made it possible for no CD insertion, I think they learned their mistakes. Unlikely it might be, I really think they did - take the House of Staunton chess sets for example. Those were some sets that were wished for and now there are going to be those sets in CMXI.

2. Has Game.exe been optimized so that it doesn't consume 100% CPU? This is very irritating, especially on notebook computers.

Probably not because then Chessmaster wouldn't be that strong. The only known fact is the updated engine support multicore and 64 bit machines.

3. Has the freezing issue with TheKing.exe been corrected?

There is no way of telling right now. But my CMX never had any freezing issues, so I was lucky.

4. Will all chess sets/boards be available, without having to edit the INI file?

Is that really a concern? I mean it's not that hard to edit the ini file...

5. Have the issues with playing online been corrected?

I doubt it. They didn't stress Online playing on their website AND I doubt there would be a lot of people playing.
All they said was that it "supports online play" and not a "thriving community".

Well, keep you fingers crossed. You never know.

taraboste
11-01-2007, 05:10 AM
The answer is YES, all those issues are fixed.
Anything else...?

Biker1985
11-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by KHollister:
Okay, there's been a lot of information on the new features in Chessmaster 11... but is there any information on what bugs from Chessmaster 10 that have been fixed?

For instance:

I never had this problem with CMX why would I have it with CMXI? (But I haven't yet 11)

You could always buy a quad-cpu! (You could put game.exe on the 3th core http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)