PDA

View Full Version : night time gfx anomoly

JG52_Gutted
03-27-2005, 07:49 PM
90% of the time for me at night time, there is a HUGE,flat,white circle (on a black square polygon) extending from the sea way up into the sky in certain directions.

i think i've only seen nighttime once without it.

p.s. in the recognition manual.. how do i browse merchants instead of war vessels? none of the controls navigate to it.

JG52_Gutted
03-27-2005, 07:49 PM
90% of the time for me at night time, there is a HUGE,flat,white circle (on a black square polygon) extending from the sea way up into the sky in certain directions.

i think i've only seen nighttime once without it.

p.s. in the recognition manual.. how do i browse merchants instead of war vessels? none of the controls navigate to it.

ilcattivo
03-27-2005, 09:02 PM
the Same things happens to me, mostly it is in the East. it does not appear in the day. I wish I knew, but I thought I'd let you know you are not alone. misery loves company. I am runnig a P1.6 with GeForce4 4200 Go on a Dell Laptop

cgouch2
03-27-2005, 09:08 PM
(quote from elsewhere on the forum site, sorry in advance for not giving proper credit, but I forget who submitted it)

Try this:

This will fix the weird graphical errors when starting from your Desktop Icon...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how to fix your Desktop Shortcut:

1. Right click the SH3 Start Menu icon
2. Select Properties
3. Copy the Target line
4. Paste this line into the "Start in:" box
5. Delete "\sh3.exe" from inside the quotes (making sure to leave the closing quotation mark)
6. Click Apply, OK and run the game

JG52_Gutted
03-27-2005, 09:11 PM
after further digging through the forums i found the cure for it.

if you launch the game from the pop-up launch menu when you insert the cd..instead of running it with the shortcut on your desktop, the problem disapears.

i already tried it and it works.

strange stuff. makes since.. because i think i've only put the CD in twice, and all the rest of the times it's already been in the tray & launched via shortcut.

ilcattivo
03-28-2005, 09:23 AM
THX to all. This fix reminds of some kind of Windows '95 type of thing. Weird, but it works. thanks again!

diveatc
03-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Indeed that is the correct fix. Tech support however, blames it on a driver and direct x issue. Funny thing is that I have Directx 9c installed and no advice as to what drive to use for my Geforce 6800. I have the 66.71 version.