PDA

View Full Version : Popping sounds when playing SH3

DrReaper
03-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Every 10 - 12 seconds I have a popping sound coming out of my speakers. To say this is annoying is an understatement. That game also crashes but that is far and few between. The two may be related. I am using a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card. I have a P4 3.2GHz and 1.5GB ram. Everything seems to work good in my other 20 games. Direct X Diag passes all tests and I have the newest drivers. Spyware clean in Adaware SE and Spybot with the newest updates.
I disabled the music but the popping continued.

DrReaper
03-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Every 10 - 12 seconds I have a popping sound coming out of my speakers. To say this is annoying is an understatement. That game also crashes but that is far and few between. The two may be related. I am using a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card. I have a P4 3.2GHz and 1.5GB ram. Everything seems to work good in my other 20 games. Direct X Diag passes all tests and I have the newest drivers. Spyware clean in Adaware SE and Spybot with the newest updates.
I disabled the music but the popping continued.

DrReaper
03-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I decreased the direct X sound acceleration in the direct X diag tool. This reduced the problem but it still exists. Any help ideas would be great. I also contacted creative labs.

DrReaper
03-19-2005, 08:00 AM
monkeying with the dxdiag acceleration didn't help. I read in another thread that the game is messing up with soundblasters...

DrReaper
03-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Look for the thread Crackling/Poping during the game. It solved this problem for me.