PDA

View Full Version : First time poster, couple questions

Rocco76
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi,

I have a few questions I haven't found an answer to anywhere.

1. Can you pause the game at any time? If you can, will you be able to issue orders?

2. I saw a screenshot of the editor showing the world map. It showed it spanning north to south in it's entirety, and east from near the west coast of the US, to the west near Singapore. Does that mean all of this is modeled in the game and is accessible?! If so, WOW.

3. Are all the controls easily navigated with the mouse, or is a joystick required (or helpful)?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I used to play silent service on the C=64 when I was about 8 and never heard of silent hunter until a few months ago.

Oh, and what does "pants" mean. I'm from the US, and never heard of it.

Thanks a lot,

Rocco

Rocco76
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi,

I have a few questions I haven't found an answer to anywhere.

1. Can you pause the game at any time? If you can, will you be able to issue orders?

2. I saw a screenshot of the editor showing the world map. It showed it spanning north to south in it's entirety, and east from near the west coast of the US, to the west near Singapore. Does that mean all of this is modeled in the game and is accessible?! If so, WOW.

3. Are all the controls easily navigated with the mouse, or is a joystick required (or helpful)?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I used to play silent service on the C=64 when I was about 8 and never heard of silent hunter until a few months ago.

Oh, and what does "pants" mean. I'm from the US, and never heard of it.

Thanks a lot,

Rocco

Nieldo
03-08-2005, 11:39 AM
1) Yes you can pause, not sure if that is effected by the realism settings tho. I wouldnt expect you can give orders while paused, but I wouldnt know.

2) I dont know, I think its in one of the dev chats somewhere but I cant remember, have a look at them.

3) Mouse and Keypad is all you need http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Axel40
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
And "Pants" in the UK is underware, "pants" in the US is Trousers, Jeans etc BUT! "pants" on the intraweb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif is generally known to mean rubbish, crapola, not good etc.

Axel

Tomcat41
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
1. You can pause at all times but you cant give orders is tha latest I read

2. All oceans are modelled, but pacific is not active. Operating area for dynamic campaign will include (say Devs): Atlantic Ocean, Arctic Sea, Carribean, Mediterrenean, Indian Ocean.

so quite a lot.

Schepke_U-100
03-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I never saw them mention that the Indian Ocean would be one of the area's we could patrol! I only thought it was Atlantic Ocean, Arctic Sea, Carribean, Mediterrenean... If so, that is cool.

BobTuck
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rocco76:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this is a very user friendly mouse-oriented sim. Even manual TDC is performed with the mouse.

Rgds,
BobTuck.