PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Myst V from the Dragon's mouth...

Reverend Vader
01-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I found this post on Grey Dragon's blog over HERE (http://www.shagwall.com/dragon/2005/01/machine-as-seen-over-on-yahoo-ubisoft.html).

I'll post the quote here, however:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As seen over on yahoo, Ubisoft has released to press that we are officially creating Myst V: End of Ages. I am still very happy about the way the game looks. I can only hope we can make a game that to the fans is a nice ending. Maybe it won€t be jaw-dropping, maybe it won€t make you name your first born child after me, but then again maybe it will. I just want to create a game that when one finishes they get up from the computer and say. That was a nice ending and a good game.

If it sells millions that would be awesome, but I am starting to think it€s not about selling millions anymore. Cyan is an interesting developer who has always tried to tell a story without blowing someone€s head off. I think that should matter in the industry. Anyone can put killing in a game to advance the story. AKA Kill these bosses get threw the door, pick up a ****** and get more life, shoot businessman and steal his money. That€s easy. I have nothing against those games either I just wish that making an adventure game had more merit. When will people be sick of killing people and things in a game? Its like the gaming industry is in the pinnacle of its era and FPS€s are the coliseum. When Rome falls where will the artisans be? Will they be left behind in the scorched earth all dead and only mentioned as a memory.

When ever creating something different some people won€t get it, but those who do really understand it. I€ll explain€¦ Last year there was a great show on TV called Wonderfalls. It was different but had a funny and dry humor me and my friends love. We watched the show religiously for the 6 episodes it was on. It was different and personally I think that the Miller€s being huge Apple lovers understand the Apple slogan. €œThink Different.€

2005 will be a very interesting year. I hope Cyan can live up to the expectations. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's obvious to me that Cyan wants to tell the most interesting and compelling story yet. And they want it to be jaw-dropping. I think the project is in good hands and we have something to look forward to... very much!

Reverend Vader
01-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I found this post on Grey Dragon's blog over HERE (http://www.shagwall.com/dragon/2005/01/machine-as-seen-over-on-yahoo-ubisoft.html).

I'll post the quote here, however:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As seen over on yahoo, Ubisoft has released to press that we are officially creating Myst V: End of Ages. I am still very happy about the way the game looks. I can only hope we can make a game that to the fans is a nice ending. Maybe it won€t be jaw-dropping, maybe it won€t make you name your first born child after me, but then again maybe it will. I just want to create a game that when one finishes they get up from the computer and say. That was a nice ending and a good game.

If it sells millions that would be awesome, but I am starting to think it€s not about selling millions anymore. Cyan is an interesting developer who has always tried to tell a story without blowing someone€s head off. I think that should matter in the industry. Anyone can put killing in a game to advance the story. AKA Kill these bosses get threw the door, pick up a ****** and get more life, shoot businessman and steal his money. That€s easy. I have nothing against those games either I just wish that making an adventure game had more merit. When will people be sick of killing people and things in a game? Its like the gaming industry is in the pinnacle of its era and FPS€s are the coliseum. When Rome falls where will the artisans be? Will they be left behind in the scorched earth all dead and only mentioned as a memory.

When ever creating something different some people won€t get it, but those who do really understand it. I€ll explain€¦ Last year there was a great show on TV called Wonderfalls. It was different but had a funny and dry humor me and my friends love. We watched the show religiously for the 6 episodes it was on. It was different and personally I think that the Miller€s being huge Apple lovers understand the Apple slogan. €œThink Different.€

2005 will be a very interesting year. I hope Cyan can live up to the expectations. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's obvious to me that Cyan wants to tell the most interesting and compelling story yet. And they want it to be jaw-dropping. I think the project is in good hands and we have something to look forward to... very much!