PDA

View Full Version : Is Heavenly Sword going to keep me occupied until Haze is released?

mornelithe
09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Not sure yet, but I just bought it today and will let you know. Been playing the demo religiously, and the game looks insanely good. Ok, so maybe this wasn't a thread worthy subject, but i'm at work and bored...! =)

Morne

mornelithe
09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Not sure yet, but I just bought it today and will let you know. Been playing the demo religiously, and the game looks insanely good. Ok, so maybe this wasn't a thread worthy subject, but i'm at work and bored...! =)

Morne

Franciscus1988
09-14-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm at home and I'm bored too, so I'll reply to this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I've played the demo too, and I dislike it very much. It's not my genre and it isn't as pretty when you actually play the game. That's my two cents. But then again, I also dislike Ninja Gaiden...

mornelithe
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Hehe, well, I love Ninja Gaiden (bought the CE), and having conquered both GoW's, I can say it's what GoW wishes it could've been. Environments are fantastic...I like the acrobatic combat style and cinematic kill moves etc... So, it's right up my alley. Took it home on lunch to start playing, and turns out there's an install time...meh...oh well, I'll just crack out all night. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Morne

Mutton-Chops
09-14-2007, 11:17 AM
At a reported 5-6 hours of gameplay I'm going to guess "no" it's not gonna keep you occupied until Haze launches.

I haven't played it. Haven't played even the demo becasue I haven't had interent at home since about the 25th of August. The game never sparked any interest in me. Then when it was revealed to be so short I had even less. I played the Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo to death, and as a result bought the game on the release day. Played it for about a week and haven't touched it since. I will get back to it now cause there's not much to do at an apartment without cable and internet. Just have to finish playing through RFOM again first.

KingSilvaback90
09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Heavenly sword was good but not a time occupire.But a bunch of games like Folklore Rachet and Clank and Strangle Hold should keep us busy untill November. Then at that time we will be occupied by ahem... CoD 4 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif which will rock so hard. So very hard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gypsy816
09-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Well I read Penny Arcade and they were pleased but not pleased at the same time. They say its only 5 to 6 hours long and I'm sure you've heard all the jokes about "Goddess of War."

Toad17
09-14-2007, 03:41 PM
If you enjoy the game then play it regardless of what others think.

On a personal note I'm glad that a demo was released because it convinced me that Heavenly sword really was nothing but hype. The combat is lack luster despite the big budget actors and beautiful environments and in all honesty you're paying $10 an hour to play a movie. No thank you.

mornelithe
09-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, I'm down to the final leg of the last battle, so yeah, the game is pretty short. But, it's definitely a ton of fun. I really enjoyed the parts where you can control the trajectory of objects w/ the Six-Axis, had a really good time sniping w/ the Crossbow. But, yeah Toad, I definitely noticed that this game was almost more movie than game (seriously). Cut scenes are very long (felt like Final Fantasy), but the story is great at least. Overall, I'm glad I bought it, it's a really sweet game, but no, it'll definitely not last me until Haze gets out.

Morne

totalpackage2k
09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
umm yeah the game was really short like it took me 4 hours and it is totally awesome i have to say but yeah the last boss is hard but thats about it. other than that though the game is glorious

mornelithe
09-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Agreed, short but beautifully put together. Last boss...meh...I'd say took a total of 8 attempts through the 3 stages before I put him down. i'm actually not upset that I purchased this game, I think it's worth it, especially now that I've unlocked Hell Mode.