PDA

View Full Version : So Sad

Das_Boot_U96
03-30-2005, 07:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif This game is pathetic, updated my drivers, checked all, sound video etc, as adivsed here
Even when all seems to be on an even keel, this game is so full of " impossible reality" issues, it's sunk from the begining!!

Picture this! I take on a destroyer in "career" mode with a type VII-C, I miss, ok can live with that, get depth charged, to the point of having to blow ballest, hey can live with that too, hit the suface a minute or so later, NO DESTROYER TO BE SEEN, VANISHED FROM THE PLANET!!
Must be one a hyper sonic speed destroyer , lol.

So much for authanticity, lol!!
So should this one glich out of many be continued to blamed on the user's PC??

Give me a break people, the problem with this forum is nobody really knows the answer to all the main issues with SH3's problems, period!!

Das_Boot_U96
03-30-2005, 07:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif This game is pathetic, updated my drivers, checked all, sound video etc, as adivsed here
Even when all seems to be on an even keel, this game is so full of " impossible reality" issues, it's sunk from the begining!!

Picture this! I take on a destroyer in "career" mode with a type VII-C, I miss, ok can live with that, get depth charged, to the point of having to blow ballest, hey can live with that too, hit the suface a minute or so later, NO DESTROYER TO BE SEEN, VANISHED FROM THE PLANET!!
Must be one a hyper sonic speed destroyer , lol.

So much for authanticity, lol!!
So should this one glich out of many be continued to blamed on the user's PC??

Give me a break people, the problem with this forum is nobody really knows the answer to all the main issues with SH3's problems, period!!

Blades1965
03-30-2005, 08:02 PM
You hit the nail on the head.

Most on this forum are in such denial that all they CAN do is blame it on the users PC.

No it's not the CONSUMERS and their computers fault...it is the greed on the publishers part (to rush this unfinished mess out the door) to try to get the quick easy buck that is at fault.

Send them a message and return this garbage that you paid $40 to beta test for them!

Blades

Das_Boot_U96
03-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks for your support Blade, finally a man with some sense of reality, but I'm still holding hope that with some proper patches I can "burn" in stone, this could be the great game it was meant to be.

Thank you, again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

missouridrifter
03-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Yes. I too was taking damage from something I couldn't see (even blowing tanks and surfacing).

Happened while in two different types of subs I was in.

When I surfaced though.. I was glad as he*l it was gone. LOL ... nowhere in miles and miles could I see what was spankin' me.

They will fix it... and I will be spanked another day I suppose. *grin

KiwiVenge
03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Denial?
wtf are you talking about.
hehehe
The game is fun! I am having a blast with it.
Most fun with a computer game in years as a matter of fact.
It is obvious some have way more troubles with it than others, but don't be silly and think we all have as many problems as you guys do but don't admit it ...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

UnderDaGun
03-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Part of the frustration, Kiwi, is that it should cut both ways. Just because your system doesn't crash or show other bugs doesn't mean that there can't possibly be any bugs in the game. There are too many on this forum that dismiss all issues and attempt to paint everyone with issues as being so incompetent that they're lucky to know how to turn on a computer.

I'm not saying you're one of those people, but there are far too many "fanbois" on the forum that believe Ubisoft can do no wrong.

This game is the best sub sim on the market, no question, but there are bugs, no matter how much some people wish to deny it.

KiwiVenge
03-30-2005, 10:26 PM
In my mind there is no denying that some people's computers have troubles running SH3. To me that is a given.
Just can't help but chuckle at people who think those of us that do not have serious problems as 'being in denial'.
I see what you are saying though. And I would be there with banners and picket signs if it did not work for me.

UnderDaGun
03-31-2005, 01:11 AM
No problem, Kiwi. Every game always has people on the forums who take extreme views of the game. One extreme is that the game has no bugs, the developers are gods among men, and all blasphemers should be prevented from posting (or die). The other is that the game is a mass conspiracy to destroy everyone's computers and sap their precious bodily fluids.

I try to ignore both extremes, but, occasionally, some of them get a reaction. Hopefully, a rational poster, such as yourself, doesn't receive what should go to the extremists.

mastershake22
03-31-2005, 01:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You hit the nail on the head.

Most on this forum are in such denial that all they CAN do is blame it on the users PC.

No it's not the CONSUMERS and their computers fault...it is the greed on the publishers part (to rush this unfinished mess out the door) to try to get the quick easy buck that is at fault.

Send them a message and return this garbage that you paid $40 to beta test for them!

Blades <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Denial!!! What a jokehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Lets stop and think about it for a moment.
Most of the ones who complane about this Game always have somthing to say about the price.
If you are to tight to spend about $40.00 (U.S.) Then i can just See the type of computers you must be playing it on. So i tell you what i will do If you dont what to update the P.C. that you most likly got at The local Fle Market!! Then let me know and i will send you ten U.S. Dallars for you to throw the peace of S%## in the trash!!
Most people dont even take the time to read the requirements on the box, Then agean just from the IQ's seen in most of the Neg. Post
Maybe you cant read, you just copy and past alot!!I dont know and dont give a rats a$$ to know!
So if you dont like the game go trade it, refunde it, burn it, Eat it or what ever you want to do with it just do us all a big faver and shut the hell up!!! **** I hate whiners!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> (to rush this unfinished mess out the door) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This game hase been in development for almost two years! So do some research before you say thing that Are not true!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> -Minimum Configuration:
Win 2000/XP Only
DirectX 9.0c
1.5 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
512 MB RAM
64MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with Pixel Shader 1.1 capability
DirectX 9.0 compatible sound device
DVD-ROM 8x or faster
2.8 GB hard drive space
Windows-compatible mouse required

-Recommended Configuration
Win 2000/XP Only
DirectX 9.0c
2 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon or equivalent
1024 MB RAM
128MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
DVD-ROM 8x or faster
2.8 GB hard drive space
Internet connection for play on Ubi.com (minimum 56k modem or broadband)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you know what, Minimum Configuration & Recommended Configuration means?!?!

Minimum Configuration: You can play the game but if you think its going to run as smooth as the Recommended Configuration? then my frind you have the wrong idea!! depending on how minimum you are running it then You are going to have trouble if you can even see the game running at all!

Recommended Configuration: Well this is self Explanatory Is it not?

cwojackson
03-31-2005, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mastershake22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You hit the nail on the head.

Blades <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Denial!!! What a jokehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Lets stop and think about it for a moment.
Most of the ones who complane about this Game always have somthing to say about the price.
If you are to tight to spend about $40.00 (U.S.) Then i can just See the type of computers you must be playing it on. So i tell you what i will do If you dont what to update the P.C. that you most likly got at The local Fle Market!! Then let me know and i will send you ten U.S. Dallars for you to throw the peace of S%## in the trash!!
Most people dont even take the time to read the requirements on the box, Then agean just from the IQ's seen in most of the Neg. Post
Maybe you cant read, you just copy and past alot!!I dont know and dont give a rats a$$ to know!
So if you dont like the game go trade it, refunde it, burn it, Eat it or what ever you want to do with it just do us all a big faver and shut the hell up!!! **** I hate whiners!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> (to rush this unfinished mess out the door) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This game hase been in development for almost two years! So do some research before you say thing that Are not true!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> -_Minimum Configuration_:
Win 2000/XP Only
DirectX 9.0c
1.5 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
512 MB RAM
64MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with Pixel Shader 1.1 capability
DVD-ROM 8x or faster
2.8 GB hard drive space

-_Recommended Configuration_
Win 2000/XP Only
DirectX 9.0c
2 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon or equivalent
1024 MB RAM
128MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
DVD-ROM 8x or faster
2.8 GB hard drive space
Internet connection for play on Ubi.com (minimum 56k modem or broadband)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you know what, Minimum Configuration & Recommended Configuration means?!?!

Minimum Configuration: You can play the game but if you think its going to run as smooth as the Recommended Configuration? then my frind you have the wrong idea!! depending on how minimum you are running it then You are going to have trouble if you can even see the game running at all!

Recommended Configuration: Well this is self Explanatory Is it not? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you mean I probably won't be able to play this on my Apple IIe? What kind of **** is that!

mightyduck100
03-31-2005, 03:58 AM
No need to get all personal guys. Both side of the argument have valid points but there are other things to consider.

Its true that the minimum spec on all games is a joke this is applicable to all gaming companies. Don't forget they are trying to appeal to as big a market as possible.

Saying that you need a 3GB P4 with 2GB of RAM and a 128MB video card (whilst probably nearer the mark) is going to kill a lot of potential sales.

SHIII has come out with a lot of bugs which vary greatly in their severity but it is still a great game.
The fact that we've all bought it and are now on the forums begging for fixes is testimony to this.

It a distinct possibility that the developers and testers at UBI wanted more time to clean up SHIII but they've had a shipping deadline to meet.

Its right that we keep the pressure on to get a 1.2 patch, hopefully with all the fixes included. However I think its wrong to condemn the guys at UBI out of hand, the game itself is excellent just flawed.

If you can tell me of a GOOD game you've bought that hasn't needed at least one patch then please post here so I can buy that game too.

Or you could expand that. Tell me about any software that has been released with all the loopholes closed. XP seems to HOTFIX itself almost daily.

SHIII has only been out a couple of weeks, give UBI a little time to get the 1.2 patch ready to go.