PDA

View Full Version : Question about pre-ordering

Johnfisher11111
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
This is kind of a stupid question but i'm DYING to know... If i pre-order the game now, will i get the game the exact day it comes out or will it take an extra day because of shipping or something? Thanks for reading.

Johnfisher11111
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
This is kind of a stupid question but i'm DYING to know... If i pre-order the game now, will i get the game the exact day it comes out or will it take an extra day because of shipping or something? Thanks for reading.

XyZspineZyX
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
If you preorder it in the store then you can get it the day they recieve it. If you preorder online then it will take a day or two to get it after they ship it.

HardToExist
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
It depends on what shipping play you get. 2-day is free at Ubi.com, so if you ordered it then you would only pay 49.99 and get it the 31st since it's released on the 29th. You will get it the same day stores do.

Johnfisher11111
03-07-2005, 11:23 PM
thanks a lot guys

Broom347
03-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Does 2 day shipping mean it will ship out from Ubi's warehouse in 2 days? Or does it mean it will arrive at your house within 2 days after it's shipped?

And I thought the game was shipping to stores on the 28th?

HardToExist
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Broom347:
Does 2 day shipping mean it will ship out from Ubi's warehouse in 2 days? Or does it mean it will arrive at your house within 2 days after it's shipped?

And I thought the game was shipping to stores on the 28th? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game comes out the 29th, but probably wont reach your local stores till the 31st because most of them are buying the game by the boxfull, so instead of paying a crapload of money for Overnight shipping or something they just take the free 2-day shipping. So if you got the 2-day shipping you would get it the same day stores usually do. If you order with 2-day it goes on a truck, if you order Overnight or 1-day it goes on a jet.

Omega_224
03-08-2005, 11:11 AM
A couple of days late is fine by me, considering where I live the games don't even get to the store shelves until like a month after they're actually released.

Jason-Alaska
03-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Alaska is always a day or two behind the rest of the U.S. regarding release dates of games. I pre-order mine when possable and get them a day before the stores typicly do.

If you ordered direct from Ubi they ship the game to you the same day they ship it to the stores so you should have it within a day eather side of the stores. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Omega_224
03-08-2005, 01:33 PM
YAY! I can't wait! I will constantly looking for that FedEx truck that whole week. When it gets here...Don't expect me for several days. Mwahahaha.

quillan
03-08-2005, 01:38 PM
I've had a lot of variation over the last few years. I don't usually preorder direct from the publisher; I usually preorder from an online store. Most of the time they start shipping the orders the same day the local retail stores get it, so I either have to pay extra for air freight, or get it several days after it's out. These days, I usually just preorder from EBGames for instore pickup, and go get it the day it arrives. Once or twice, though, it was shipped to me so that it would arrive on the day it hit the stores. Since the closest thing to an official release date we have is the 29th, and all the adds say in stores the 31st, I'd guess Ubi will ship the preorders out on the 29th.

myee8
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Here in Australia (well WA anyway) if you preorder SCCT on Xbox at EB, you get a discount of some sorts.

Broom347
03-08-2005, 01:51 PM
This is my first time ever pre-ordering a game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif...and I trust buying directly from Ubisoft online more than EB Games.