PDA

View Full Version : Expecting new Rainbow Six announcement at E3?

MiSSiONSucesful
05-16-2010, 02:11 AM
These Snidbits are from Ubisoft's financial report which leads me to believe there will be a new Rainbow announcement soon:

High-end games strategy
In line with the announcement January 13 announcement, Ubisoft continues to refocus its high-end games strategy by concentrating on more regular releases for its major franchises. These refocusing measures also comprise a reduction in new creations investments, which will enable Ubisoft to rebalance its existing resources on a constant headcount basis. This strategy will provide heightened visibility and profitability with a lower level of risk, thereby accelerating the generation of cash flow.

Ubisoft expects to return to profitable growth and positive cash-flow in 2010-11. This guidance is based on the following assumptions and considerations:

? A stable market in 2010.
? The launch of at least 7 franchise titles (Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™, Driver®, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands™, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon® and Raving Rabbids® have already been announced),

Well they only mention six Franchises...what is the 7th? Was it Hawx or is that a Franchise just yet?

I also hear that all Tom Clancy titles stories are supposed to intertwine.

Comments??

Absente
05-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I hope to god their is a new Rainbow Six announced at E3, if not i will be highly dissapointed

GuZZ33
05-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Maybe Rainbow Six will be out not too long after Ghost Recon Future Soldier?

Merc Reaper
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Hope to the gaming gods they come out with a new rainbow! It would be epic!

Dirtymurph
05-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Doubt they'll talk about much besides GR as far as TC games.Lets just hope that R6 is the unnamed TC game that started development a month or so ago.

oOSilentPwnOo
05-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Its HAWX 2, Its on IGN last time i checked.

Soulid_Snake
05-21-2010, 04:35 PM
It's been a while since the last one came out so maybe. But then again Ubi might be concentrating their efforts on the new Ghost Recon!

Dirtymurph
05-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Im still trying to figure out why in the hell they dump money into HAWX.The game is nothing new in flight combat and wasnt even good.All that money into a game that doesnt sell,and we are stuck with mediocre at best R6,SC,and GR games.Its truly beyond me.They spend 10 million on useless things like that movie for GR, and R6 cant even get an fing patch.The quality of V2 is just horrible.GRAW2 and SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA were barely even playable on PS3 unless you wanted to play through them at 5 fps.

MiSSiONSucesful
05-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Michael Verheijdt, former marketing manager at the Dutch branch of Ubisoft has made a remarkable career move. For the same Ubisoft, but now in a newly created subsidiary in Luxembourg, he recently managed as an IP developer Tom Clancy game the whole universe. "I have a half full wikipedia write anything to index."

Two years ago, Ubisoft acquired all rights to the Tom Clancy name off. How much money involved was not known precisely but think of a number with seven zeros. For that money, the French company decide what it does with games specially developed titles such as Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell and End War. . Whether it goes to more games, books, toys, comics or movies, Ubisoft pays no royalties to the writer more.

Futuristic Tech

Michael Verheijdt (right)
Managing this gold mine (Tom Clancy is the most lucrative of Ubisoft IP) is a nice job for Clancy fan Verheijdt: "Those games were always my special attention. The atmosphere is great, always on the cutting edge. Each of exciting stories which you futuristic technology is going. "That he responded to an internal IP developer vacancy occurred within a few Ubisoft as a surprise:" I have read almost everything about him and certainly anything but. The love that fire was known at headquarters. "

Clancy Bible Clancy Bible
Verheijdt got the job and instantly became the most important person for many studios to Tom Clancy games work. All storylines, events and characters to be developed in consistency with the world as it is now in many games, books and movies has been set. One of the biggest jobs of Verheijdt is also making a style guide, or rather a Bible Clancy: "I have a motion to renew the wikipedia to index everything. It is crucial that we have everything clear in a row, because we want in the future the various game series overlap each other. Yep, 'convergence' is het toverwoord hier.” Yep, 'convergence' is the magic word here. "

This step is Verheijdt suddenly very close to the development of new games are: "I was previously at the very end of the trip. You have a marketing or product manager to tell anything about the content of the game, your job is to bring it to the man. "Now he is in constant consultation with developers and writers. "It takes a different mindset to dealing with developers. They often have plans and ideas and I wanted to see if it can, whether it fits. At the moment I'm working on two Tom Clancy games are just in development. I may say anything about that or I send Sam Fisher at you. "

Convergence...they are talking about cross game multiplayer...here. It would actually be cool if you had hawx in the air and ghost on the ground for some co-op. I just hope they hurry with raibow six this is getting OLD

Dirtymurph
05-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Im still not totally convinced that HAWX 2 is one of the two games they didnt name a while back that had just started development.HAWX 2 was announced around the same time that this story came out but Ive yet to see confirmation that it was one of them.The whole consistent world thing wont work well,theyve already shown that.Im mean,are they really going to dev HAWX 2 in only 4 or 5 months? I dont think so.

gazzagb
05-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Im really looking forward to E3, Im really hoping Ubisoft announce another R6. I don't get why they haven't. R6 is a massive global franchise will millions of players and followers worldwide.
So surely they must be able to see that if they make another R6, that it is a guaranteed game that will sell well. Instead, they chose franchises such as HAWX which doesnt have as big a fan base as R6 and is bound to be less sucessful.

XxxTwisted1xxX
05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
I would love to see a new rainbow six as long as it isn't another vegas. They also need to take away the sprinting it ruined the tactical aspect and it didn't work well with the cover system. One more thing would be to have new controls clicking the thumbstick to zoom is horrible.